Reviews for Incunabula: Or The Golden Legend
FluffyLiz chapter 37 . 12/21/2014
Oh dear, poor Jakub obviously disappeared back to the Czech Republic with his tail between his legs LOL.

I wonder what was being auctioned - was Edward selling the Golden Legend, or buying something else? One thing I never quite understood was how he was able to take the incunabula out of the Czech Republic, as I would have thought it would be considered to be a national treasure - just because he found it, doesn't mean he owned it. But I have no idea of the laws there involving treasure trove (they are very strict in the UK and 'finders keepers' is definitely not accepted!)

I'm aware that some of my comments have been a bit nitpicking, but I can assure you that I did enjoy this story, and found it to be an interesting and exciting tale, with the added bonus of being well-written and intelligent, so thank you.
FluffyLiz chapter 36 . 12/21/2014
Wow, just a few days in hospital and Bella's damaged kidney is right as rain, and she can make love, with Edward on top, with broken ribs, and withstand a 'fierce hug' from Charlie without screaming in agony... either she has miraculous healing powers or mind-blowingly strong drugs, because I could hardly breathe without pain with just bruised ribs!

Anyway, it's good that they're home, and that Charlie and Edward have met. But what about Jakub? Is he still in Seattle or has he returned home?
FluffyLiz chapter 35 . 12/21/2014
Good for Rozalina, for her quick thinking, but it seems unlikely that anyone in the main house would have heard her phone ringing in the pantry over all the other noise. Still, at least Emmett made sure there was no coming back for the bad guys.
FluffyLiz chapter 34 . 12/21/2014
Hmm, I wonder if Bella wishes she'd stayed in her dreary little world of musty books, especially as she's woefully ill-equipped for a life outside the confines of a museum - I know few of us have to deal with KGB-assisted homicidal maniacs, but I think we all would have a shot at fighting back if we were attacked, even if it was just kicking, clawing and biting; I'm pretty sure I wouldn't just give up and cringe in a corner. I wanted to kick Bella's arse for being so pathetic, and found myself agreeing with Victoriya's remark about wondering what Edward saw in her! Anyway, hopefully the cavalry has arrived.
FluffyLiz chapter 33 . 12/21/2014
Well, so much for all their security! How did they get through the gate, weren't there any guards or cameras? Were Edward and Emmett caught up in the blast, and where's Rozalina? Will Victoriya and Demetri take Bella hostage, and, if so, to what purpose... ransom or revenge?

Just as an aside: I think you have the FBI mixed up with Homeland Security and the CIA. I thought it was a typo when you mentioned it in a previous chapter, but here you specifically refer to the equivalent of the KGB as being the FBI. As a non-American, even I know the latter is a country-wide police force, with jurisdiction over State police, whereas Homeland Security and the CIA are responsible for intelligence gathering relating to domestic and international terrorist threats, and the security of the nation's secrets, in the same way as the KGB and Britain's MI5 (domestic) and MI6 (international).
FluffyLiz chapter 32 . 12/20/2014
Hmm, unusual for a stalker to have a partner, but this does, of course, up the ante somewhat. Mind you, I think Bella's whingeing about Edward keeping her in the dark is pretty hypocritical, considering how she kept Jasper very much in the dark about Edward, only telling him the truth after he got stabbed!
FluffyLiz chapter 31 . 12/20/2014
Scary times - for an awful moment I thought when they arrived back at Bella's that the nutjob might be hiding in her closet, and was going to jump out with a meat cleaver! But now they're all safe and sound at Edward's secure penthouse, and the two of them have reconnected at last in the most fundamental way. So I guess they have no choice but to find a way to draw Victoriya out.
FluffyLiz chapter 30 . 12/19/2014
Why, when they were at Bella's apartment, would Edward ask if she had a change of clothes... and why would she then respond that they were in Emmett's car? Surely she didn't take every stitch of clothing she owned when she decamped to Forks?! In fact, didn't Edward say he saw clothes on the floor of her closet?

As for Victoriya, I'm confused about this business of extradition. If they catch her in the US then why would extradition be a problem? If, as Emmett seems to think, she attempts to escape the country, couldn't the APB be extended, thus ensuring she wouldn't be able to get a flight? If they go abroad in order to trap her, they'll have no jurisdiction, a possibly uncooperative police force, and double the extradition problems. I don't get it, but hopefully there is method is your madness!
FluffyLiz chapter 28 . 12/19/2014
Seriously, she wants to go back to her own apartment, which she SHARES with two other people? At worst, they still have such a lot to talk about, and at best, they need to shag each other's brains out... surely both activities would be much better enacted in the privacy of Edward's penthouse. Sometimes, I really, REALLY hate Bella's inverted snobbery/inferiority complex. What a daft bint!
FluffyLiz chapter 27 . 12/19/2014
So, they meet again; let's hope it goes better than the last time!
FluffyLiz chapter 26 . 12/19/2014
Annnnddd, you've brought them all together LOL. I had hoped you might use the exhibition to effect a meeting between Emmett and Rozalina, and here she is! Now, where's that pesky Ukrainian nutjob?
FluffyLiz chapter 25 . 12/19/2014
After all that's happened, I think one can assume that Bella isn't being paranoid, it's just a question of who is watching her - Edward or Victoriya? It's a little worrying that Jakub doesn't actually know what's happened to her, and I have a feeling he won't be calling Bella back with good news.
FluffyLiz chapter 24 . 12/19/2014
Well, at least everyone knows everything now... except, perhaps, one important thing, which is how Edward and Bella feel about one another. I understand her need to get away, but a part of me thinks that it's a bit cowardly. Still, at least she's doing something with her life, instead of letting herself fossilise in a museum. However, with the advantage of knowing there are still 13 chapters left, it's hard to speculate on what happens next.
FluffyLiz chapter 23 . 12/19/2014
Ahh, I wondered how Jasper and Alice might meet. As for Bella, wouldn't it have been better, cheaper and more practicable to merely remove the SIM card from her phone and throw it away, rather than destroy a perfectly good phone - and probably the waste disposal unit - in such a childish fit of pique? And now she must face Dr Cullen; will she explain herself, or continue to bluster and lie and generally act like a pouting child who didn't get the gift she wanted for Christmas?
FluffyLiz chapter 22 . 12/19/2014
Crikey, that was a turn-up for the books! I suppose it was inevitable that the mystery redhead was Victoriya, and that she was trouble, but attempting to murder Jasper in a crazed attack was unexpected. She must have been stalking either Edward or Bella that night, and seen him go to her room - looks like this story has become a crossover between Raiders of the Lost Ark and Fatal Attraction LOL.

Oh, one little niggle - why are the Czech's pronouncing Bella's name as Svan? As far as I recall, they are perfectly capable of pronouncing their W's, as evidenced by the fact that they say 'work' and 'Whitlock'. I understood it with Rozalina, as she's Russian, but the Czech's need to stop doing it!
1,474 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »