Reviews for Incunabula: Or The Golden Legend
FluffyLiz chapter 11 . 12/13/2014
The meeting with the old lady seems to have paid off, but has Edward already garnered this information, either from another source or by having Emmett question her? Guttler did say the old girl had been questioned many times before, so perhaps Edward's investigator has beaten them to it.
FluffyLiz chapter 10 . 12/13/2014
Seems Edward pretty much admitted that he deliberately distracted Bella, and she played right into his hands. Emmett has clearly discovered something useful, which will once again means that Edward is one step ahead. Will Bella now tell Jasper about her encounters, or will she merely wait until he finds out by other means, and thus end up suspecting her of being Edward's mole?
FluffyLiz chapter 9 . 12/13/2014
Why hasn't Bella mentioned to Jasper her run-in with Edward? I know she's embarrassed by the circumstances, but surely it's something he very much needs to know. And who is this mystery red-head, I wonder? Green eyes might suggest she's a relative of Edward's, but as we don't know her age, it could be either Esme (his mother?) or Victoria (sister?) Whoever she is, is she following Bella and her group in order to report back to Edward?
FluffyLiz chapter 8 . 12/13/2014
Well, I suppose it's not much of a stretch to assume he fancies her, albeit against his better judgement, perhaps - much like Bella. But the question is, does he know any more than her and Jasper about the whereabouts of the incunabula? Presumably not, otherwise I doubt he'd be lingering long enough to visit downbeat clubs. But now they are both aware of the other's presence in Dresden, what will they do now?
FluffyLiz chapter 7 . 12/13/2014
Hmm, I wondered when Edward would catch up with Bella. I suppose it was inevitable he would work out the riddle of the book and make his way to Dresden, but was he just chilling in a bar, or did he follow them there... or does he have a mole? Rozalina is an enigma, but is she also as duplicitous as Bella suspects?
FluffyLiz chapter 6 . 12/12/2014
I have to smile, as dobrý den and prosím are just about the only Czech words I learned in 10 years of regular visits, my only excuse being that our Czech staff all spoke excellent English.

But now they're off to Dresden, which we Brits pretty much destroyed in WWII - I'm assuming the next chapter will offer an explanation of the connection between Our Lady and that city. Trouble is, of course, they continue to be one step behind Edward Masen - their only hope is that, unlike Bella, he hasn't yet worked out the connection.
FluffyLiz chapter 5 . 12/10/2014
I'm so enjoying your descriptions of a place you obviously loved as much as I do. One of my abiding, and striking, memories of Prague is when I was there one time for the Christmas party at my company's office there. I recall after lunch popping back to my hotel in Václavské náměstí (Wenceslas Square) before heading back out to meet my colleagues in Legends, a bar on the other side of Old Town Square. As I wound my way through the Christmas market I suddenly became aware of the most exquisite sound coming from Tyn Cathedral. Standing stock still in the middle of the Square, I just listened, in the freezing cold, as a choir sang Czech carols. As a childless woman in late middle age, I rarely feel that special glow of Christmas of my childhood, and as an atheist I am seldom moved by anything religious, but I have to tell you that, for a brief but wonderful moment, I was utterly transported to the wonder of my youth, feeling the excitement and joy of a season which has been totally commercialised in the West... gosh, it's two years this week since my last visit, and you're making me long to be there. The story's good, too LOL!
FluffyLiz chapter 4 . 12/9/2014
Ooh, this is all very Indiana Jones, and, judging by the prologue, I'm guessing it will be just as much of an adventure. And if I ever had any doubt that you'd spent time in Prague (which I didn't BTW), your description of the death defying cab drivers would have convinced me otherwise. Everyone there drives like a fecking lunatic LOL. I've done a few trips with a Czech colleague from Prague to Bratislava, and after the first time insisted on sitting in the back of the car, as he would drive on the motorway at 90mph, literally three feet from the car in front - utterly terrifying!
FluffyLiz chapter 3 . 12/9/2014
Oh, you're making me so nostalgic for one of my absolute favourite cities in the world. Poor Bella must be staying in one of the really cheap hotels in the city, as all the ones I've stayed in during my many visits have been lovely, and definitely have proper showers with doors or curtains, making a proper wash not only possible but enjoyable LOL. Most intrigued by this story so far, and can't wait to find out if the dreaded Mr Masen did remember Bella.
Guest chapter 37 . 11/14/2014
Whatever happened to Jacob?
miranda04 chapter 9 . 11/15/2014
Makes me wonder if this redhead has anything to do with the blond ponytail guy who was on the flight with Bella.
dorothybert chapter 37 . 11/14/2014
Thank you.
MyHubbyIsATwilightWidow chapter 37 . 9/14/2014
It seems you did quite a bit of research for this story. I loved the thrill of the book hunt - you did a good job keeping it suspenseful. It was funny seeing foreign versions of the characters. This was recommended by Nancy, HarryTwiFan - not sure if you know of her. Off to read your other stories. Thanks for sharing!
Ninkita chapter 37 . 7/23/2014
I really enjoyed this story. The atmosphere, the mystery, everything drew me in. There was not one point in the entire narrative where I got bored, or thought I'd read the rest later. Luckily for me, I came across this as a complete fic, so it was like reading a really good book, that I didn't and couldn't put down till the end. What I particularly liked was that Edward did not change... he is still the same person, still recognizable as the same character, and we can see where he's tempered it, but it's still him.
Mooah chapter 37 . 7/18/2014
Fantastic story. I've not read one quite like this before and it made such an exciting change!
1,449 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »