Reviews for Incunabula: Or The Golden Legend
FluffyLiz chapter 17 . 12/18/2014
Police? Why would they be tailing Jasper and Bella? Has something happened to one of the people they interviewed, perhaps Fr. Tomas? The plot, as they say, thickens!
FluffyLiz chapter 16 . 12/17/2014
It seems Bella isn't the only one who's becoming paranoid, as I was clearly wide of the mark with my assumption that Jasper's car had been deliberately sabotaged. Having said that, who is the driver of the Renault, and are they connected to Edward? Indeed, why is Edward so concerned for Bella's safety if there isn't a third and malevolent force somewhere out there? And who is the redhead? Poor Bella is at sixes and sevens, and instead of being able to share Jasper's delight at his discovery, she just seems drained. I think she may well have to come clean with him or risk raising his suspicions about her commitment and loyalty.
FluffyLiz chapter 15 . 12/17/2014
Hmm, it sounds very much as if there's a third party at work here, about whom we know nothing. Clearly, Edward has Bella and Jasper under surveillance - a GPS tracker covertly attached to his car, perhaps - but who else is watching? Edward was too surprised about the petrol leak to have ordered it himself, and too concerned about Bella's safety, so one must assume that another protagonist is out there, and it is he or she who has deliberately sabotaged Jasper's car (I can't imagine it was accidental damage). Poor Jasper - a new petrol tank won't come cheap, and I'm pretty sure his job at a Czech university doesn't pay big bucks.
FluffyLiz chapter 14 . 12/15/2014
Well, I have to wonder who was in the Renault. There can be no doubt that Edward has Bella under surveillance, as he must believe that her expertise and research skills are his best hope of finding the incunabula. The fact that he's attracted to her is just a bonus. So, this makes it a little less likely that Rozalina is Edward's mole... although, having said that, it has to be possible that she has already aligned herself with Emmett, and, by association, Edward.

As for the Czechs and their lack of bonhomie, I have to say that, although they haven't reached the dizzy heights of the sometimes OTT friendliness of the American service industry, they are a good deal better these days than they were when you lived in Prague. it's taken a while, but the difference is noticeable since I first visited in 1996.
FluffyLiz chapter 13 . 12/15/2014
Oh dear, a dead-end... what will they do now? Perhaps Bella can turn the tables on Edward, and do some stalking of her own, to see if he has better leads.

Oh, and I checked out the ossuary on Google images... a macabre kind of beauty is the only way to describe it.
FluffyLiz chapter 12 . 12/14/2014
They seem to be running around in circles, and it almost appears that Edward is watching them chase their tails, whilst waiting to steal a march on them if they happen to discover something useful. Meanwhile, I can't decide whether he's merely toying with Bella or is genuinely interested in her... or perhaps it's both. And how does he always know where she is and where she's going?
FluffyLiz chapter 11 . 12/13/2014
The meeting with the old lady seems to have paid off, but has Edward already garnered this information, either from another source or by having Emmett question her? Guttler did say the old girl had been questioned many times before, so perhaps Edward's investigator has beaten them to it.
FluffyLiz chapter 10 . 12/13/2014
Seems Edward pretty much admitted that he deliberately distracted Bella, and she played right into his hands. Emmett has clearly discovered something useful, which will once again means that Edward is one step ahead. Will Bella now tell Jasper about her encounters, or will she merely wait until he finds out by other means, and thus end up suspecting her of being Edward's mole?
FluffyLiz chapter 9 . 12/13/2014
Why hasn't Bella mentioned to Jasper her run-in with Edward? I know she's embarrassed by the circumstances, but surely it's something he very much needs to know. And who is this mystery red-head, I wonder? Green eyes might suggest she's a relative of Edward's, but as we don't know her age, it could be either Esme (his mother?) or Victoria (sister?) Whoever she is, is she following Bella and her group in order to report back to Edward?
FluffyLiz chapter 8 . 12/13/2014
Well, I suppose it's not much of a stretch to assume he fancies her, albeit against his better judgement, perhaps - much like Bella. But the question is, does he know any more than her and Jasper about the whereabouts of the incunabula? Presumably not, otherwise I doubt he'd be lingering long enough to visit downbeat clubs. But now they are both aware of the other's presence in Dresden, what will they do now?
FluffyLiz chapter 7 . 12/13/2014
Hmm, I wondered when Edward would catch up with Bella. I suppose it was inevitable he would work out the riddle of the book and make his way to Dresden, but was he just chilling in a bar, or did he follow them there... or does he have a mole? Rozalina is an enigma, but is she also as duplicitous as Bella suspects?
FluffyLiz chapter 6 . 12/12/2014
I have to smile, as dobrý den and prosím are just about the only Czech words I learned in 10 years of regular visits, my only excuse being that our Czech staff all spoke excellent English.

But now they're off to Dresden, which we Brits pretty much destroyed in WWII - I'm assuming the next chapter will offer an explanation of the connection between Our Lady and that city. Trouble is, of course, they continue to be one step behind Edward Masen - their only hope is that, unlike Bella, he hasn't yet worked out the connection.
FluffyLiz chapter 5 . 12/10/2014
I'm so enjoying your descriptions of a place you obviously loved as much as I do. One of my abiding, and striking, memories of Prague is when I was there one time for the Christmas party at my company's office there. I recall after lunch popping back to my hotel in Václavské náměstí (Wenceslas Square) before heading back out to meet my colleagues in Legends, a bar on the other side of Old Town Square. As I wound my way through the Christmas market I suddenly became aware of the most exquisite sound coming from Tyn Cathedral. Standing stock still in the middle of the Square, I just listened, in the freezing cold, as a choir sang Czech carols. As a childless woman in late middle age, I rarely feel that special glow of Christmas of my childhood, and as an atheist I am seldom moved by anything religious, but I have to tell you that, for a brief but wonderful moment, I was utterly transported to the wonder of my youth, feeling the excitement and joy of a season which has been totally commercialised in the West... gosh, it's two years this week since my last visit, and you're making me long to be there. The story's good, too LOL!
FluffyLiz chapter 4 . 12/9/2014
Ooh, this is all very Indiana Jones, and, judging by the prologue, I'm guessing it will be just as much of an adventure. And if I ever had any doubt that you'd spent time in Prague (which I didn't BTW), your description of the death defying cab drivers would have convinced me otherwise. Everyone there drives like a fecking lunatic LOL. I've done a few trips with a Czech colleague from Prague to Bratislava, and after the first time insisted on sitting in the back of the car, as he would drive on the motorway at 90mph, literally three feet from the car in front - utterly terrifying!
FluffyLiz chapter 3 . 12/9/2014
Oh, you're making me so nostalgic for one of my absolute favourite cities in the world. Poor Bella must be staying in one of the really cheap hotels in the city, as all the ones I've stayed in during my many visits have been lovely, and definitely have proper showers with doors or curtains, making a proper wash not only possible but enjoyable LOL. Most intrigued by this story so far, and can't wait to find out if the dreaded Mr Masen did remember Bella.
1,455 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »