Reviews for Look After You
Nyah1 chapter 10 . 8/7
I read Complex Touch and Look after you pretty much in one go...just had to go towork inbetween ;). And it's the second time I've read it now too...the last time was a good few years ago. For some reason it didn't touch me as much back then as it did now. But I came across it again and just had to read it once more. I simply love the plot. There were a few things that bothered me...chapters when I thought Ginny was way too ooc , but I'm not gonna criticize for real...cause it's all minor things compared to the magic you created by writing sich a beautiful story. Especially the ending of Look After You was just...well, life at its finest. Family and friends growing old together, new generations starting life - some things coming to an end, new things beginning. The bittersweetness of it all. And I especially loved the friendship you created between Ginny and Severus. It always saddened me so much that he never got some sort of happy end in the books. So it was really great to read he had one in your story. Thank you for enriching my life with your stories :)
VortexWithAnEnd chapter 10 . 3/4
This was brilliant, though a bit tense for me xD frustrating too! Stupid bloody veil :P
VortexWithAnEnd chapter 5 . 3/4
Aw damn it :( First it was Ginny saying they couldn't have a relationship and now Sirius xD Life really isn't fair
VortexWithAnEnd chapter 4 . 3/4
Yeah :D All the Sirius/Ginny love! I do feel bad for Harry though :(
VortexWithAnEnd chapter 1 . 3/4
Talk about the feels! This is so much worse for her, especially with Sirius' proposal in the past. Love can rekindle, I'm sure of it :)
sherryola chapter 1 . 7/28/2016
I really disliked Remus in this chapter. why not let her go back and try to save James, Lily and Sirius,a nd ultimately Harry? Ah well, I didn't like Remus in DH anyway, so I can dislike him here. lol. and I'd make the same choice as Ginny with the veil, because it's worth the sacrifice to have him be alive again.
Rosalyn chapter 5 . 7/16/2016
As a Death Eater, I feel so upset that my Lord got killed. It seems that no one would like to reverse the result for him. However, Ginny and Sirius are the main characters in this story, so it is very intriguing. Personally speaking, a normal ending can not linger in my brain for long enough.:D I am wishing for something dramatic!
lizzzsunshine chapter 10 . 4/8/2016
I never fancied myself a Ginny/Sirius fan, but this story and it predecessor were absolutely amazing. Sirius and Ginny are my favorite characters, so it was only natural that I eventually find a fic with them together that I love!
Awkward Dork chapter 9 . 10/2/2015
I feel so mean saying this because half of this is probably my ADHD/anxiety kicking in so I feel really antsy and impatient with this story, even though I appreciate a lot of it so very much.

But the small mistakes do get to me. Saying someone "use to" do something. The past tense should be "used." You do this with "suppose" to and every time I read it, it makes the whole surrounding context sound a lot less mature and intelligent. It is unfair, given that the association is not necessarily true, but to me every time I see poor grammar, sentence structure, etc., it doesn't register as a writing flaw, but a character flaw.

My mind has created an association with these sort of mistakes and young teenage girls who have a very shallow grasp of characterization, depth, development, and what they seem to be obsessed with most: romance. That's unfair of me too, because I'm the last person who wants to generalize a whole group like that, but there are a lot of these types of people and I know there are plenty of kids who can write well (lol I'm still a kid myself, but yeah).

That said, though I definitely do not think you have a weak grasp of the list of elements above, it is extremely curious to me, some of the characters' actions. I actually really really admire how Ginny loved both Harry and Sirius, because I think it is entirely possible to love both people. You really did Harry justice and your writing of him was great, which I appreciate especially since I feel like most writers here totally butcher his character. (On that note, I think you do Snape extremely well too.)

But it is still curious to me how Ginny... well, she's confused, but she still lets things happen to her instead of taking control. The real, canon Ginny has a bit more sense than that, I'd think, though obviously this is a very emotional thing.

Honestly, it doesn't all make sense, what happens with them. I get the motivations but it doesn't really come together.

Been skimming hard because the pacing feels off in this story too :/. Hard to believe that there's only one more chapter left.

That said, I do think this was a great concept overall and you had some amazing moments throughout both stories. I'm an extremely sensitive person, though I actually don't find myself crying too often when reading here, but I did have a moment when Ginny was still in the past.

I think Lily was sort of awkward as a character, but you really did well with Harry and Snape. James was pretty good, especially because you didn't make him a caricature at all. His "go out with me Evans?" trope makes him a bit less human, though admittedly still lovable. But you make him more mature here, so good job with that. Remus was enjoyable as well, and I think the relationships between Ginny and her family while she was in the past was certainly interesting.
The Woman Who Wrote chapter 10 . 5/14/2015
I loved everything about this story, from the first chapter of Complex Touch to the last chapter of Look After You. I was actually so into it that I read both all in one sitting. But the structure of this chapter was just mean. Leading up to the hospital visit I kept thinking the worst about Sirius and his second trip through the veil and then when I realized that it was just a checkup to see about Wesley's magic I was so relived. It was more than a little mean, but the setup was very smooth and kept me very interested. In any case, job well done with both works.
Annalyn chapter 4 . 1/20/2015
You definitely feel for Sirius. It seems like he had it the hardest out of all the Marauders. I'm glad that he and Ginny are back together though.
Annalyn chapter 3 . 1/20/2015
Absolutely loved this chapter despite the heartbreak on the end. Thanks!
Anna chapter 10 . 1/20/2015
Well, I have to say Bravo. Not only did you bring a new fan of Sirius and Ginny stories by your words alone, but I enjoyed every moment of it. I thank you profusely for writing two wonderful stories. You definitely know how to make such fantastic work. Thanks again.
Anna chapter 9 . 1/20/2015
Woot! Even though Blaise is a little bit of a prat, I've always liked his character. Well, anyways, I'm glad that Ginny and Sirius will finally be together (hopefully), because there is only one more chapter.
Anna chapter 8 . 1/20/2015
Well, that reunion was absolutely beautiful. Of course, nothing could be perfect that quickly, but I'm glad that at least they are together. I appreciate the amazing chapter.