Reviews for To Each His Dulcinea
Your writing style is hauntingly beautiful, and your characterizations are always so spot-on despite the dark topics at hand...but what I love most of all is how multidimensional everything is, how well you write America's manipulative tendencies, Italy's gullibility, etc., without completely demonizing the character. It's amazing, I'm completely jealous.
TheAwesomeMe128 chapter 1 . 9/16/2013
Wow, I really love your historical stories. They capture all of this history and pain and suffering and healing beautifully. Thumbs up!
Breathing Fire chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
I've been flicking through all of your writing and your Spain is just incredible, perfect, and he's the best Spain as a character I have ever had the pleasure to read. The little facts you put in, England, America, Romano and his role... I just want to say that this is wonderful. Never stop writing, please.
Lyikael chapter 1 . 2/10/2012
I've tried reviewing this or pming you since morning! FFnet was being a bitch .

Anyway, I love the way you portrayed this. The way you adapted everything to Spain's view was excellent, that you did this makes me very happy. I can't believe how few reviews this has (but I guess people tend to avoid angst).

I'm really glad I read this, this story stuck to me the whole day and I couldn't help but keep reciting the words or repeating the scenes in my head looking for every detail and meaning of it.

I can't express myself properly and for that I'm sorry, but this story is one of those that when the words 'good fanfiction' appear, this is one of those who will pop in my head.

Thank you so much for writing!
Lamashtar Two chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
This is lovely. I quite enjoyed it. It's odd because I have never enjoyed modern Spanish history..it was always so depressing.
startingfromtoday chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
unlike other fanfics where spain is 'happy-go-lucky' and 'all smiles', this potrayed a different side of him, i always see spain as a happy person but your fanfic made me 'see' the other side, not only that i managed to learn some history too. (: simply love the way you write and potrayed spain and the emotions are so detailed and well written
Andeelooop chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Damn, I really liked this! This is the kind of thing I like to read. History made into a story :D

I actually learned some things from this. I don't read too much about Spanish History. (Is lazy sometimes -_-')

This was awesome, love spamano, love Spain, good job :3
aile-chan chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
Again, Wow. If find this much more of an impact than the Kingdom of Heaven...at least I think thats what its called. Spain was wonderfully characterized, H-san has said that Spain might've been a two faced character. The skull part was quite chilling and know that the girl from 1936 died there was...nicely tied. I'm glad Spain has someone like Romano there for him, and a Darkish!Spain is always great. This part "He staggered to his feet, still clutching the skull in one hand, and with the other he seized Romano by the shoulder, bringing their faces close. His teeth were bared in a wild grin. "But they're all dead now! They're all dead, and they have their own graves, and everything's fine." " was...chilling. Spain seems...crazy? I recognized what he said at the funeral ""…and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us…" We say that at school...is it for more than just Christianity?

I haven't checked all your stories but maybe you could write something on France and the revolution.
amster chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
damn, another piece from you to set me sobbing. and the imagery here! just perfect. please write more adesso!
Ryalo chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Lovely, lovely, lovely. Have I mentioned how much I love you stories? This captures Spain just perfect. The feelings are just so poignant. I don't know why this only has four reviews. People must be complete morons.
scandinavian icicle chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
...this... this is by far, the best fic I've read so far...

You have a really nice talent when it comes to writing the details

Anyways, I just wanted to say that I loved this!

*is upset that this fic only has, like, 3 damn reviews*
Mikku chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
I first read this in livejournal but I couldn't review so I'll say it now: You have written the best fic about Spain into that period of time that I've ever read. Seriously, I live there and had to study that (Civil war, transition and Democ.) and I think you made a great job expresing the whole things into the story and the characters, specially Spain of course. :)

Please keep writing!
Canadino chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
Again you remind me that I have a ways to go before I can write to your level. Your writing inspired emotion and you actually do research to make it somewhat canon. Way to go
akirah chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
ok, I gotta tell: I live in Spain, and I know what I'm talking about when I say: GOOD JOB! This sory is awesome, and you got things correctly from what I know of th civil war (and I have studied it a lot ;)