Reviews for Spandex, Seven Possible Uses Of
Wren Truesong chapter 1 . 4/6
It is totes a story of love and you have no reason to be sorry whatsoever. XD
Ethelfried chapter 1 . 4/9/2014
Oh wow, this was the most adorable thing *ever*. I loved (in no particular order): Touichi wanting to be French because Arsene Lupin; accidentally getting locked in the closet with the Phantom Lady; the ALL CAPS dialogue; Touichi attempting to wait out the urge to be a thief; the "wouldn't believe me when I told her I was an archvillain even after I told her three times" and the kitten kicking; and I love how calmly the Phantom Lady takes everything. This was a wonderful story.
exogenesissymph chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
I liked it!
Not as crack as I thought. But still very, very, funny.
mountainelements chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
Wow! Hilarious! I admit that I don't know too much about Kaito's mom. Was she really Phantom Lady and, if so, when did Kaito find out?
Redmage2 chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
My goodness I enjoyed this. It made my mind boggle in the beset of ways. Touichi was such a dork! I loved all of the connections that you made throughout.
Leuconoeee chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Nothing to apologize about!
idia199 chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
This was fun, and now I can almost say that I have read all the story's on your profile. And I made sure, multiple times, that you're in my favorite authors. Your brilliant and your story's are just getting better... and other compliments.
Katty008 chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
TOUICHIIII!

That man has no sense of self... self... damn, I've been forgetting words all day. Self-stayingaliveness. Self-notgettingcaughtness. Self-perseverance? Self-preservative?

There should be more Kid/Phantom Lady fics.

Kojote chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
Interesting
Ceirwy chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
I have no idea why you apologized for making this little piece of utter fourth-wall breaching hilarity.
DireSphinx chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
Sorry? What sorry? What do you have to be sorry for? Never apologize for the crack! Crack is nothing to be ashamed of!

...Okay, now that that's off my chest, on to the story:

First off, brilliant. Utterly, utterly brilliant. Lord, somedays I just wish I could write like you. This is just that wonderful. I love the flow and structure to this piece, the way every section starts off with "This is/is not a story about..." but it all fits. The story is there in all the little sections, and they mesh perfectly. It's fun to see how random objects play into the story, magic, books, newspapers, Legends.

Secondly, your snark is wonderful. "When he was a child, Kuroba Toichi wanted to be French. This is not because the author of this story is French herself, although, if you ask her, it's a pretty damn good coincidence. Useful, too, because, hello, no having to use Google!translator to, um, translate, only in a shitty way, because Google!translator, let's admit it kids, doesn't know how to do its job." Oh Lord, words cannot describe how much I love this section here. Especially the Google!translator bit, because I know firsthand how much that does not compute.

The Legends section? You almost had be bursting out loud. "But really, Aoyama-san, legends? You Are Doing It Wrong." I love that You Are Doing It Wrong. It just sounds like you, like some girl who thinks she has all the answers standing up before the experts and telling them point blank NO, YOU ARE WRONG. And I'm still smiling even now. Then the bit about the Very Very Very Evil Branch of a Very Very Evil Organization for some reason reminds me of Candyland, and Candyland does some amazing humor. But I'm afraid I don't think quite like Toichi does when he comes to the conclusion to become a thief. It's probably because he's thinking in his arch villian all caps. I'm not crazy enough to think in Caps Lock. At least, not yet.

Then there are just the little things that stand out for no reason at all.

"Saving The World v.0.1" - hmm, not getting very far, are we?

"D'you have biographies of great thieves? which shelf, do you think? Politics?" - because all the great political leaders past and present are thieves. Kinda have to agree with Toichi here.

"I think I really, really have to ask you out for coffee now." - well DUH. This is just absolutely adorable.

"Toichi's heart, which had been going on and on in happy spandex crusades and How To Use It for the last three days..." - Snerk. Happy spandex crusades? "Come men, we must venture forth for the Holy Spandex Crusade! Who's with me?" Then there's the How To Use It in capital letters. I wonder exactly what uses his heart has been contemplating for the humble spandex. Really, I wonder...And her response is just plain win.

"This is a story about thieves. (Well, duh. Don't look at me that way.)" - WIN.

The thieves section in general. - WIN TIMES FIVE THOUSAND. "I, um, kick kittens. For fun. And, um, I have this EVIL base. It's called like that, see, for Evil Villainous Irritating Ludicrous. Base. Um. Or something." Oh Toichi. Toichi. I heart you.

Your remark at the end of the magic section? Wonderful, spot on commentary. "And then there were lots of strange noises and sighs and slippery...stuff. Elbows were knocked into some unfortunate places, masks and monocles slipped off (thank god for darkness), and seven different and rather unusual uses for spandex were discovered within the next two hours. And the police never so much as heard them. See, right there? Magic."

"Toichi showed up on her doorstep at seven the next morning, half-frozen but with two coffees in each hand and a declaration to make. 'Isleptwithmyarchvillain,' he blurted out, as soon as she opened the door." Oh Toichi. TOICHI. I feel like a head smack should be inserted right here. Toichi, that is not the first thing you blurt out to a girl. It's not, it's really not.

"It happened in a broom closet? Why does it always happen in a broom closet?" I don't know, some people like the cliche? "There were mops in there. Mops. Evil, nefarious mops." Well, what did you expect in a broom closet? A bed? Really Toichi, if you drag your arch villian into a dark room, you should check beforehand for these sorts of obstacles. Now I'm almost curious if Kaito wasn't conceived in that broom closet with all the mops and maybe that's where his association with mops originates. Could be. Possible. Only the author really knows.

Wonderful darling. Simply wonderful.
eriwyle chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
I LOVE your attitude. :) And that statement did not just say love. Really. It didn't. XD
hattergems chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
C'est toi que je veux voir. Que je veux voir ce soir.

You should have been hysterical when you wrote this because I am. Droll but oh so very very dry. So there was really a method in Toichi's madness. XD This Toichi has serious roleplay gaming capabilities. I could play him with next to no effort. *twirls moustache* *GOLD TOOTH WINKS IN THE SUNLIGHT - shot*

So ... STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP BECAUSE OF MY DAMN BIRTHDAY - I wrote you NOTHING, plus I took too bloody long to get a review in for this. BECAUSE LOL I JUST SAW IT IN MY INBOX TODAY. :D:D:D ... Yeah, was computer-deprived after slight familial/non-familial ... mishaps.

Sara ... there's something I must say.

I was thinking it the entire story.

I don't really know if I should tell - oh what the hell. I always tell eventually.

OKAY. THE PHANTOM LADY? She's so much you. SO PROUD AND SARCASTIC. But tolerant.

S-so in that Toichi/Phantom Lady pairing situation ... at the real risk of sounding slightly more narcissistic than yesterday ... I DECLARE YOUR SILLY!TOICHI IS ME THROUGH THE POWERS OF SELF-INSERTION.

/Phantom Lady lifted an eyebrow. "Was this part of your nefarious plan?"

"No," Kaitou KID replied absently, and then thought better of it, "I mean, YES. OF COURSE. AHAHAH."/

/digs a hole in the ground and disappears

/... comes back

BY THE WAY ILU9000KICKEDKITTENS?
theyleaveshadows chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
I find it very sad that I kinda understand Toichi's thoughts, about there I burst out laughing and my family gave me very weird looks. It made me wonder, I feel so bad for Toichi's Mom even though everyone knows he's pure awesomness down to the core. Almost like Chuck Norris. Yeah, I went. This deserves an instant fav. XD Finally somebody switched of angst and drama for a while.
Eleven Clovers chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
What are you apologising for?

OMG I LOVE IT.

*squeals* this totally made my day~ _

I am so glad you're back, and finally with something comprehensible (no offense. pretty is good, but pretty AND comprehensible is even better :D ). That was oddly sweet and hilarious at the same time. Ah, so many parts made me giggle, there's not enough room here to quote them all Sara-chan, you are a genius, y'know?

This is a very weird Touichi, but somehow I think he would've been like this. After all, who does Kaito take after? :P

(Btw, this thought struck me as I was reading. Touichi the Archvillain totally makes me think of Dr Horrible. A coincidence or something more? XD )