Reviews for Like Diamonds and Dirt
According to Wes, Scott must be, the Diamond and Johnny, the Dirt. "Talk 'bout two fellas with nothin' in common. Hard to believe ya got the same ole man". With the Wes presented here, one would expect a superficial, and self serving, analogy. Only trouble, Johnny took the bait. He begins to ponder just how others would view the comparison.
In truth, Johnny is too new to family, to see the shared similarities. Yes, Scott may be the Diamond. But given Johnny's background and potential - he is the Diamond in the rough. Hardly Dirt.
The events of this story, is just what Johnny needs to understanding the role of family. (Beguiling section on the family history and the introduction of the family church). It pits three strangers, learning to make it as a family, against compadre, Wes. It pits Johnny Madrid, "broke to the saddle", against partner, Johnny Lancer.

The stage is now set for the inevitable, "Call of the Wild".
We understand what is a stake, perfect lead into the next episode, "Chase A Wild Horse".
September 11, 2016.
D'Artag-NOT chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
I couldn't help but notice that Fr. Malone suddenly morphed into Fr. Gonzalez.
Stroma chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
A very good story. Write more soon please.
siroccomo-ctss chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
Hi Rachel, well once again you have given us a great story. So much packed into this short fic, and so enjoyable. And I love the title - although I couldn't help but feel that even then - before 'the Strikers' Wes had it wrong.

As always with your stories, you leave me wanting more, but then that is the true mark of a terrific read - leaving us wanting more and more...

Thanks so much for sharing.

Con
wlk68 chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Hi Red! A story from you is always a treat and this one is no exception. We all know what happens next but you filled in some of the beforehand details beautifully.

And I loved the history of the church. It all makes a certain kind of sense. Well done.

Wendy :-)