Reviews for Namesake
Devaro Ayanami chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
Goodness, I can't believe I never added this to my favorites! Last couple of years seem so disjointed now, and the next year is gonna be busy and far from home.
I looked through your stories again and saw the title, and it sounded so familiar I opened it up. Reading the opening notes I felt rather tickled that a simple conversation could spark a short story.
Again, love your works.
IndieGoBoom chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Loved it!
punkiemonkie chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
It's been so long since I've read your writing, I almost forgot how much I enjoy it. :) This is just what I needed today; short, sweet, and with a lovely message to tie it together. My favorite bit is the line about Marlene matter-of-factly asking Tifa if she is going to change her name when she and Cloud realize they should get married. That is so like a child to just go ahead and voice something like that that makes everyone else involved feel awkward; it put a smile on my face. :3

Very nice story. I look forward to reading the rest of the things you've written while I've been away from here.
vLuna chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
That was really cute, I soo missed reading your stuff
Kisdota-The Freak Gamer chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
I'M MORE OF A MARLENExDENZEL GUY, BUT STILL THIS IS A NICE STORY, I REMEMBER WATCHING DENZELS WAY TO A SMILE IN YOUTUBE, WHAT ARE YOU A SUPPORTER OF ANYWAY SINCE THIS WASN'T A ROMANCE CATAGORY DENZELxMARLENE OR DENZELxMOOGLE GIRL? ANYWAY GREAT ONE-SHOT, YAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
mom calling chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
The business of changing one's name is something I've not thought about much. Used to be when women married they took their husband's name (in the culture I grew up in, I hasten to add-fanfic reaches across many borders) with out even thinking about it. Sometimes they made their maiden name their middle name. Not so now- There's a whole different vibe about one's name. And about families with an assortment of names. Blended families are perhaps the norm and everyone in that unit could have a different name. Thanks for stirring my thoughts just now, Qwi-Xux. Speaking about names: does your call name mean anything in particular? mc
Aeriths-Rain chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
awww, really cute!
Harley McCoy chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
Great story. I really liked the focus not only on their friendship but the issue of identity and the meaning of a name. Something I think is overlooked by many, but when at stake seems very personal and valuable.