Reviews for In The Face Of Adversity
The World in Black and White chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
I'm so glad someone wrote something like this! I just watched the movie and wanted a happy ending because it was so wonderful up until then (what is it with gay romantic comedies and indefinitely vague endings anyway?) and I figured I would rather see if someone ELSE wrote one instead of spending a good half hour daydreaming it myself '. Great ending! Really well done and I'm glad you didn't just make the 'rents accept it overnight, but put in the whole 'in perspective' thing. Great job :)
Rikk chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
Absolutely great! I love that fic! 3 The characters' behaviours are respected. You make me feel better ;)
easyluckyfree83 chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
I just rewatched the movie for what feels like the hundredth time and then stumbled upon this absolutely beautiful and fantastic fic. I absolutely loved it and devoured every single line! These adorable flashbacks should have been in the movie and you captured their characters so very well, their playful conversations made me grin. Thanks a lot for this! Just a bit sad that you didn't write more... Anyway well done, really!
orionastro chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
very good story , if the film should have a sequel it should be like this. Hope that you continue this story .
FateStryke chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
I only recently saw this movie and liked it enough that I immediatly went looking for some fanfiction. Yours is the first I've read and I really like it. I hope you continue on with it or write more stuff. Keep it real.

Sincerely,

Fate Stryke
formerflautist chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
This is a really good story. But I do find fault in the structure. Your use of script dialog detracts from the story. It's distracting and does not allow for description. So while I like it, I was also disappointed because it could have been better.
xXDarkerKillXx chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
I really enjoyed reading this.. It was so good and sweet
Jonniebuk chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
I found this story purely by chance. I liked the film and I was interested to see what you'd done with the story.

I was entranced! So much so I'm about to go and read all your other stories despite the fact that its 2am!

I find it hard to find a single fault. Both the narrative and the dialogue flowed naturally. I thought you captured the emotions of John and Steven perfectly. Particularly impressive was your depiction of Sarah's conversation with Veronica. John and Steven's flashbacks to earlier, happier times worked well and were nicely handled.

I thought, just possibly, it might have been worth missing the accident and setting up a confrontation between John and Steven at the house. But then that would have denied the use of the accident as a catalyst for the change in Veronica and Raymond. In any case it worked well enough as it is so no complaints from me.

Finally, though without going back and making a detailed examination of every sentence, I found the grammar and spelling faultless. Always a major plus for my enjoyment of a story.

Hope to see a lot more writing from you in the future.

JB
cait-lin-91 chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
beautiful!

i just watched the movie and i loved it but i was a little sad at the end. i'm glad you gave them their happy ending :)
unavez18 chapter 1 . 6/27/2010