Reviews for The Letter and the Legacy
theHuntgoeson chapter 2 . 8/22/2010
Minxy does it again! This is without doubt one of the finest postS3 fics I have read. I am especially impressed by the way you flesh out the New Arrival into a mature, considered character with his own troubled past, who, like Sam, is prepared to give it up in exchange for what he has found in Gene's world (and with DI Janslow arriving on the scene, maybe he will get his own romance now?). Your description of Gene in Alex's flat brought tears to my eyes, and you describe his weariness and grief so movingly. Your writing is, as always, almost poetic in its intensity ("the moon leaning in as if trying to listen to a great secret, the stars twinkling like fallen tears."). And of course the ending is perfect. Thank you!
JediNic chapter 2 . 7/9/2010
Such a wonderful ending! I do like what you did with D.I. Iphone - and your characterisation of Gene is so spot on. He wouldn't leave without having someone he trusted to take over.
sash queen of the jungle chapter 2 . 5/28/2010
yeah gene and alex got reunited yippee! BBC are you redaing this? DI Iphone bastard's character must have had a hard lesson taught by DCI Hunt because he travelled a long long way in such a short time and his character is for the better thanks.
HeidiT chapter 2 . 5/28/2010
I really liked this.

You were certainly kinder to DI Iphone than my fic was!:)
Broken Kindle chapter 2 . 5/28/2010
Oh man this was so cute ;w; I love how you've written it and it has such a wonderful ending 3

Great job, thanks for sharing
Eleantris chapter 2 . 5/28/2010
Brilliant second part, I loved that Gene's passed the job down, as it were and it now with Alex in The Railway Arms! Beautiful writing, I loved it! X D
Malena Hunt chapter 2 . 5/28/2010
I really liked this, Izzy. Very clever to flesh out DI iPhone's character and then to make him Gene's replacement. You wrote Gene's weariness and hope very well. And lovely ending of course. Well done. :)
theoofoof chapter 2 . 5/27/2010
Really like this. Glad he's finally with Alex. And that DI iPhone was deemed suitable to take over! This has cheered me up no end. :D
Novindalf chapter 2 . 5/27/2010
Yeah, maybe I did jump to conclusions about iPhone guy a little... Still, I actually rather like him in your fic, and of course loved the Gene/Alex reunion at the end )
Melwasul chapter 2 . 5/27/2010
Loved it!
Mage of the Heart chapter 2 . 5/27/2010
I love you, Izzy, I really do :') this was gorgeous!
PinkGemz27 chapter 2 . 5/27/2010
Thank you for giving Gene and Alex a happy ending, Lord knows they need it!

Really really liked it, thank you!
Terriah chapter 2 . 5/27/2010
Very good, much better than the original ending!

x
Symphony In Blue chapter 2 . 5/27/2010
Absolutely adored the ending! It seems realistic that Gene has to wait for someone to turn up who is worthy of taking over his position. It's good that he found one, so he can finally go into the Railway Arms and be with Alex, Sam and the rest. He deserves it after all his hard work and dedication :)
Siggy chapter 2 . 5/27/2010
That was lovely TMS - and quite different from what I was expecting - in a good way.

I loved how you redeemed DI Burton and turned him from the annoying bloke into the Guv's replacement. Their chat together was the highlight as Gene slowly realised that he had someone to hand over to.

The ending of course was just how I imagined.