Reviews for Walking Wounded
runeaglerun chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
Late to the party on this one. Was just flipping through different author's profiles and came across yours. I have to say this is an amazing piece. My jaw just about hit the floor. Your vocabulary is so powerful, so strong, so intense, so packed with imagery my English teacher would probably weep from sheer joy before launching into another lecture about how "theirselves" still isn't a word and second person is still not allowed in a formal essay. (One day my classmates will grasp this simple concept and I will not have to spend an hour a week hearing this talk... actually no, no they probably won't. Drat!) Anyway my point is just that I am definitely going to find time to read back through more of your stories because you have an incredible gift with words. Amazing, amazing, amazing! :D
Chrysa Lite chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
Powerful, dark, emotional, painful. Oh God, please don't let this happen in the premiere of the 3rd season. I would DIE.
gracie127 chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
Powerful
Ariel119 chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
Wow. Yeah definitely dark. But still you have an amazing gift with words.
amy chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
bits i enjoyed: the ever-present coffee metaphor (this time ouch), the chalk outline and blood smears, lanie not believing in happily ever after anymore, r & e partners as forever after and protective of their boss even though she doesn't really need it.

if there's anything to work on, i actually don't understand the passage about "the girls at the top of the stairs." (maybe it's just me.) is it about his mom and daughter? why is his mom a girl? (sure, she's flighty and all, but idk, seems almost inappropriate to refer her as such.) what are the "understandings he must unearth himself," and why are these important anyway if it already seems like things are doomed?

i just read your latest piece (beautiful, of course), and in the author's note you seem to apologize for this one. don't apologize; it doesn't always have to be happy to be high-quality and deserving of praise. :)
soso104 chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
that was heavy. and i did not really get it, did something actually happen there?
Kate N. Golsby chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
This was well written, very sad but well written.
Jordali chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
This is written very beautifully. And a very nice season finale type of piece. Amazing and wonderful. Good job.
aero09 chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Similar to the finale.

Well-written, but completely depressing.
A.Deep.Life chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Painful and heartbreaking to read...but your writing is WONDERFUL. The metaphors and imagery that you used were perfectly placed and I found myself completely sucked in. I've been hoping to see another Castle fanfic from you ever since "The Way We Fall" and this one certainly doesn't disappoint! :)
Bsquared19 chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Well written. I'm not a big angst fan, I like the happy ending, but this was well done. Emotional and visual. Bravo!