Reviews for Loving a Stranger Or Not?
Whoviangirl01 chapter 1 . 11/23/2014
I really loved this story and how everyone was in character the whole time. About your question at the top which I'm sure has already been answered, Amy left on the night before her wedding. Before that, she showed absolutely no signs of attraction to the Doctor. In addition, Rory always did whatever Amy wanted him to and loved her practically his entire life. Mickey chose to go watch a football game instead of being with Rose after she witnessed her workplace being blown up. Mickey also did nothing to help her save the planet in 'Rose'. Don't grt me wrong, I love Mickey, but I think his soulmate was probably Martha. It just wouldn't have worked out as well with him and Rose.
JeniDRalph chapter 1 . 6/5/2014
I love this. She tries so hard to be a "friend"... it's nice that he finally lets her know that he wants more. :)

I know this was written YEARS ago, but I'll answer the question with my take, anyway.

I see them as over in "Aliens of London". She's been gone for a year (to him) and (by this point) she's already let the Doctor know that he has her and isn't alone (implying that she'll stick around.. there's not really room for a boyfriend in that sort of life). By the end of "World War 3", she up and leaves again... and Mickey refuses to go along (even if she thinks that's the Doctor's decision). That seems more like either casual or just friends. By the time "Boomtown" comes around, Mickey - while not having EMOTIONALLY moved on - has physically moved on. She refuses the hotel room because he's seeing someone. I see that as totally over. If anyone wants to disagree and move it into Series 2, I offer up this: In "Parting of the Ways", she tells Mickey (in no uncertain terms) that there is nothing left for her in 21st century London. While I totally feel they had been over for a while, I think that it's very sad that Mickey doesn't take that as a hint and stop pining for her.

.. erm.. not that I've given it much thought.

On a side note, on a review I did for one of your fics (a School Reunion-related one), I meant to ask if you've ever wondered what happened to poor Kenny? You know, the student who everyone thinks blew up the school... was he arrested? Did the Doctor's visit totally ruin his life? Has anyone ever written about the repercussions of that school blowing up and Team TARDIS just leaving the mess (as usual)?

Sorry... think too much. ;)

Love you stories!
Lost Time Traveler chapter 1 . 2/11/2014
Amy was engaged to Rory and left to go out on Adventures with the Doctor the night before their wedding (and she was physically attracted to him). Rose and Mickey were only dating and while it was expressed that he had moved on since she had disappeared for a year (remember they thought that they had only been gone for 12 hours not twelve months) and had not heard from her during that time. Technically speaking he moved on first, and technically they never truly broke up. I think it was just a mutual understanding. So to answer your question I think that by the time they had returned I think that it would be okay for Rose to become involved with the Doctor.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
I accept: this is what happened. Period. Just made my day xD
TardisBlueismynewfavoritecolor chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
This is amazing :)
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 9/4/2013
Ooh la la! :)
Bringing back the memories here...
Great fluff!
lifelane chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
I love the Mickey part at the end. :)
starlingmks chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
I always considered anything Mickey clung to after Boomtown to be his own problem. Up until then maybe she was giving mixed signals but her calling him on Trisha was pretty telling. As far as GITF, I was less bothered by it than some people because I firmly believe Rose knew how to push the emergency return button on the TARDIS. That is why the Doctor asks her how long she waited, and said "always wait 5 1/2 hours" she was not stuck, she chose to wait for him and lied to Mickey about it. It even mentions emergency companion return procedures in SITL (granted that may be retcon to try and patch up this very problem) but that was the first thing I thought of on my first watching. I also figured that is why Rose did not go back inside the TARDIS to wait, she didn't want to take a chance on it leaving autonomously.
greeneyesCutie chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Giggle, giggle, giggle. 'Mickey's got the worst timing!
I have often wondered when Rose and Mickey "officially" broke up. I guess I figured it was when she ran of with the Doctor in the first place. Rose & Mickey had known each other since they were babies so ...they would always be close; I had rationalized. The phrase "get a clue" Mickey.? I guess I love Rosé too much to think of her "stringing" Mickey along,more like she never stop caring for a life long friend. Now Amy is a completely different story in my opinion. I absolutely adore the character of Rory, want to slap Amy...a lot for so many reason ...not in the least because the Doctor is Rose's/Rose is the Doctor's)... River: don't get me started!
TenRose4ever chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
I know this was published a long while ago, but ... I'm just catching up!

I think a LOT of us have issues with this episode and I think that you handled it perfectly! I always assumed (for my own sanity, if nothing else) that the Doctor's feelings were just as you describe them here.
Another great story!
I think the Mickey-timing was right ... probably he had given up on Rose since Boomtown. He may still have loved her, but I think he had known for a while that there could be nothing more than friendship between them. Rose DID NOT treat him well when she ran off with the Doctor at the beginning, but I think she needed to let go of that part of her life completely. If I know Rose, she probably felt very guilty about the way she left him.
Love Mickey, so glad he found Martha! So glad she found him!
AccioSonicScrewdriver chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
I love Mickey in this! (Well, I always love him.) I'm so happy he got his happy ending :D
WITH MARTHAAAA! (You know, them fighting aliens, all in love and stuff...seriously, we could have soppy old shipper parties together. Just crying about all the ships in all the fandoms. Ever.)
PhantomWhispers chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Sweet. :)
PepTalkGurl101 chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Ugh I can't stand this episode either... I think I was just as jealous as rose because someone was ruining my otp! I wanted to yell at the tv -.- stupid stupid. But I like this... A lot. Although you totally pulled a Satan Pit move -.-
Chris4 chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
Ok, in my mind, this is now canon. Thank you for taking the edge off of THAT episode. I feel much better now.
Fell4 chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
I dislike Amy cheating on Rory too. (It made me really angry, in fact, because Rory is AWESOME!) It's different because she is getting married to him. ALSO this is Amy we're talking about-she does this sort of thing all the time. Not Rose. Also, Rose and the Doctor didn't do anything until Mickey was already dating that other girl AND he knew she wasn't in love with him anymore and just wanted him as a friend. So... Yah, I suppose you are overthinking it?