Reviews for Letting Go
Guest chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
Aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww www!
theYellowDello chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
I love all of your Yuffetine fic so much! I come back and read them all over every once in a while.
Fabi-Chan chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
I didn't realize you posted it here! I get such light hearted feeling as I read it again and I can't help to thank you so, so much!

You're one of my favorite authors and I feel very honored that you took the time to make this! Much love and keep up the amazing work!
Kyra1 chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
I'm glad to have read this. There's usually such a bizarre relationship that people write between Yuffie and her father. Typically people put this whole strain on the two that he only wants to control her and that he thinks only of his country but not of her, and I really just can't see that. I've always imagined the two to have more of an uncle and niece relationsihp in public, picking and arguing with one another but truly loving each other in private. This was a wonderfully written story and I'm glad to see someone keep Yuffie and Godo close.
serenbach chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
I loved this so hard. I'm glad you referenced 'the case of Yuffie'- it never really appears in fanfiction and I thought that how she was treated by Godo at the start was pretty harsh. I really liked your slightly more mature Yuffie in this and the fact that you showed the love between Godo and Yuffie. I'm also glad you didn't just blame the distance between them on Godo.

I also like the subtle way you indicated the relationships between Yuffie and Vincent and Cloud and Tifa- while they are important they don't overwhelm the story. I am glad that they managed to get some closure and resolution in this.

This was a great idea and very well written, as always. Great job! :)
Anzer'ke chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
Absolutely brilliant, a refreshingly even handed look at Godo and his relationship with Yuffie. While I felt Yuffie was a bit mellow in this a slight OOC element is to be expected when attempting to put that kind of character into a serious themed story.

Not that this was entirely serious, which was good, had it been all serious then it would have been extremely difficult to stomach. Too much serious can become depressing.

Aside from the tiony amount of OOC Yuffie maube I couldn't see any flaws.

Peace out and Rock on,

Anzer'ke.

P.S. Vincent Valkentine drunk, were it not such a terrifying prospect I would pay good money to see it.
Azure Sora chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
I thoroughly enjoyed this. I'm glad that Yuffie and her father got some closure and forgave each other. It's a different idea, and I really liked it. Excellent story!
mom calling chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
Nicely done, Valentine'sNinja. I love the phrase "that Valentine man"! This is a touching tale and it's a Yuffie that I can appreciate. She can be goofy as all get out, but I always like to know that she's got grit and sense-ninja's can't be air-heads and she wouldn't have been so important to the Avalanche team if she was always an emotional two year old. I can identify with Godo-we do the best we can and sometimes we fall way short of the mark. We can only hope that the Fates weave us opportunities to acknowledge our mistakes and apologize. And that the ones we've hurt have the grace to accept us, even if they can't understand. That's the basic story of ff7, I think. Every one of the heroes has this dilemma, and they every one of them goes through the giving and accepting of "I'm sorry" and "I forgive". We do, too, on our side of the computer screen. Thanks VN-thoughtfully wrought, this story of yours. mc
Marisa chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
Great story. You certainly put some closure into Yuffie's life. I'm glad all of her friends managed to make her surprise party. I like how you protrayed Cloud and Tifa as being together without really needing to say too much. Tifa's protruding stomach said it all. And Cid...LOL...typical Cid, that's all I can say.
Seelenspiel chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
you never fail to amaze me
shinobinaraku chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
I cried at the last bit...that's how wonderfully you write.

I'm pretty sure that at some point in their life, everyone's felt like Yuffie, or has been forced to grow up doing things they hated.

I really like how you characterized Godo. Instead of being the stuffy old coot he normally is in stories and such, I think from this fic that I get where Yuffie gets her personality from.

It's very very very very good! I would die if you ever stopped writing. :)