Reviews for Forever Yours
alexindigo chapter 8 . 2/2/2013
I just discovered this story and have to say that I really like it. It's so fitting and in character imo. I'm one of the small number of ppl in the fandom who believe that Brennan has loved Booth and been aware of it so much longer than Booth has with her. If you have the time read Public Opinion by jenlovesbones or any one of Covalent Bond's fics. They do a much better job of explaining than I do but suffice it to say that re-watching the show with that information will change how you view it. Anyway, my point is that I believe that your Booth is in character because he never in his life has fought for Brennan. There has to be some irony somewhere that a soldier has never fought to keep the woman he professed to have known that he loved since the beginning.

Here he was the same insensitive Booth who came back with a girlfriend and pushed Brennan away. He was the same idiot who proposed to another woman while claiming to still love another. At least on the show Hannah said no so we didn't have to see Brennan be her bridesmaid or something as cliched. Of course here too Booth didn't have to choose because his wife dies. The anger and bitterness at Brennan is still there I see, but then that'll be asking too much to have him be nice and understanding to and of the woman he once used to know well enough that he wouldn't have expected her to answer such an important question in five seconds. And once again it's Brennan's fault for saying no at the Hoover. Who really wasn't ready that day? I really really liked Tucker and would have loved it if you had given Brennan the happy ending she deserved.

Again, why I like this story so much is that it's in character. Your Brennan is just like tv Brennan. She has enough integrity to be honest with her partner and not pursue it because she still had feelings for Booth while Booth was always about looking for love NOT necessarily with Brennan. Sigh, she really deserves so much better than him.

Thank you for sharing. It's been an enjoyable read. :)
Elliott Silver chapter 8 . 8/31/2011
What a beautiful story this is, and such a lovely ending. One of your readers directed me to this after reading my Castle story, No Joy But Lacks Salt, and I am very grateful because of the strength, tensile and moving, of your words. I haven't watched Bones in years, but your writing made it all perfect again. Truly wonderful work. Thank you.
Cardamoms chapter 8 . 6/18/2011
Wow. That was perfect. You made them earn their happy ending.
mystizan chapter 8 . 9/13/2010
This was...poignant & achy & emotive. It was a difficult ride (what with the missed opportunities & lack of communication) but one I do not regret taking. I'm glad that even with interveing r'ships, the kids still wind up together :)
deal4321 chapter 8 . 9/1/2010
Loved it! Makes my heart smile to have them together finally. Great job and congrats on your daughter's upcoming marriage!
etakkate chapter 8 . 7/17/2010
What a beautiful story! Very easy to read, I actually enjoyed the first person format.
ohtheconfession chapter 8 . 7/1/2010
Lovely story. It's one of the only fanfics I've read that has brought tears to my eyes (and trust me, I read a lot). Loved it :)
huronia chapter 8 . 6/28/2010
What a lovely, optimistic ending to this story. I have followed this story - sometimes with trepidation - because you didn't pull any punches in the hearbreak department. I loved how you brought the story back to the cherry blossoms, and back to the coffee cart and to the "full bloom" of their love for one another. Beautifully done. I think it must be very difficult to write Brennan from 1st person. She is often so conflicted between her words and her actions that it is impossible to know what is going on in that head of hers. You made her sympathetic and realistic and in character in an evolving way. Well done. It sounds like you have a busy summer coming up, but I hope you do stick around this fandom and give us some more treats to read. I really enjoy your work.
TemperTemper chapter 8 . 6/28/2010
Thank you so much for the optimistic ending. As much as I hate to think of them being apart for all that time, you healed a heart broken with this chapter ;)
hoodie622 chapter 8 . 6/27/2010
This story has a lovely sweetness to it that is rare. The pacing and passing of time carry the reader in a way that mirrors what Brennan must feel, seeing her life pass by.

"And as Booth hands me my coffee with soymilk, I notice something else. The cherry trees are in full bloom." - a great last line! Brings the story full circle.

I completely sympathize with the difficulty of writing Brennan in 1st person. I tried it with "The Change in the Constant" and had to put the story aside for a year before I could finish it. She's a tough head to get into and get the balance right between what comes out and what is going on in her head. How aware is she? How much emotion is she hiding? You've done well here.

Thoroughly enjoyable. Hope to see more from you.
EmmyMayyy chapter 8 . 6/27/2010
That wasn't the end was it? If it was, I say you definately went out with a bang. It was beautiful.
TravelingSue chapter 8 . 6/27/2010
Absolutely perfect, will you be continuing it... I hope just a few chapters more... but if you have more in mind... by all means.

Congratulations on your Daughter's up coming wedding! Make sure to wear waterproof mascara :)
bob0045 chapter 8 . 6/27/2010
Beautiful. This is such a heartbreakingly wonderful story.
daffodil7511 chapter 8 . 6/27/2010
Yay! It's good to have them back together, though it took awhile. :)
texmex327 chapter 8 . 6/27/2010
Absolutely worth the wait, short & sweet.

Congrats to your daughter on her wedding. Thank you for sharing this story with us..