Reviews for Asylum
Zoe chapter 18 . 6/1
I basically dedicated the entirety of today to this story immediately after realising that it actually was very good, and let me tell you, I do not regret it in the slightest.
This story was wonderful and somehow amazingly in-character despite being an AU. Wonderfully written, also.
THIS IS SO GOOD I LOVE IT
calliopechild chapter 18 . 4/14
Haugghh... *claws at face* No matter how many times I read this, it always kills me the deadest kind of dead. I mean, even though the ending is happy, or as happy as it could be, my feels are just decimated by the end. D:

Awesome job with this. I like how everyone is still themselves, but also snarkier and more open and just sassy little jerks, which is fitting for them as kids. This is such a neat universe you've written, and I love how well you capture the team-as-family connection between everyone. I want to pelt you with 'write more!' bunnies (like, what did Roy think when he met Ed and Al?), but I am also in love with Ricochet, so I am totally cool with that taking up your primary focus. (But if you ever do want to write more FMA, you totally should...I'm just saying...) You are wonderful, and thanks for a great fic.
sierra.steinbrecher chapter 4 . 4/11
Your hints are excellently subtle and just enough to raise serious red flags. I really love the dynamic between Ed and Roy, it's very entertaining and In character.
Gomboc123 chapter 18 . 3/13
Wow, this story was so awesome!
The plot was super unique and interesting, and all of the characterization was on point!
Nice work!
twilotter lover chapter 18 . 2/8
Wow! Usually I am not a huge fan of AU fanfictions but this took my breath away! Every plot twist had me gasping and at points I was in tears! Your writing is simply stunning and I would love to read some of your other works. Keep writing! :)
Love it chapter 18 . 12/17/2015
I love your story you should make a second book about them recovering from the aslyum. I would totally read it. :D
Elise chapter 18 . 10/28/2015
Wow. This really was a freaking roller coaster. So well written. God. Everyone in character even with the age and environment changes, the dynamics are perfect, the plot fantastic...
Thank you for all the time and effort you put into this, and for sharing. This is a very special fic, hard, logical and fine tuned. And with a happy ending, thank f*ing God. They deserved it.
Thanks again. You are truly brilliant.
ArtofthePlate chapter 3 . 10/16/2015
I first read this story, after being directed to it by TvTropes, about a year ago, and only just now realized that I never left a review. Shame on me.

I can't pick a favorite chapter, because each one has something that just...makes me want to connect to the grand scheme. In chapter one, it was the opening and it's comparison of artistic interpretations. In chapter two, it was the subtle distrustfulness in the room.

But this chapter... I can't decide. Between the veiled complexity underneath Ed and Roy's interactions, the little nuances of trust between the brothers, and the way you capture everything we need to know about each member of Roy's table with so few words per person... it's just brilliant.

Your pacing is perfect. You take your time, but you don't drag anything. You just slip us little bits of info that don't connect until we're ready for them to.

I prefer the Brotherhood anime, but this fanfic really makes me want to watch the 2003 adaptation. While the motivations of the lead characters are the same, the tones are completely different. I think you captured the tone of the 2003 series very well.

It's getting late where I am, and I think I've exhausted my inner intellectual with this review. You can expect more from me, but they'll problably read more like a squealing otaku. All that aside, you've done great work.
NinjaJuvia chapter 18 . 8/18/2015
*SCREAMS*

Wat

This whole fanfic was so well written omg. I don't know the last time my eyes were watery from reading a fanfic, but goddamn you managed to make it happen. And I just-ugh

. I find it funny and weird doe, when Ed calls Al 'baby brother' out loud. Like lol isn't that a bit embarrassing. I don't know man just sayin'
Tenchiko chapter 18 . 7/16/2015
Omg this was awesome! I love how well written each chapter was and how you kept it tight and to the point.
And look! They all ended up joining the military! Cool way to make that happen. Overall wonderful story.
Angel3687 chapter 7 . 5/21/2015
I don't get it...
Ed's not an alchemist anymore? But... NO! Hr has to be! Please!?
PolkaPox chapter 18 . 5/11/2015
Wow. Just wow. I loved it. I read all 18 chapters straight through. This is an amazing story and I regret not reading it earlier. Thank you so much for the amazing story! It was extremely enjoyable :))))))))
97chaoscat chapter 18 . 5/9/2015
I was legitimately in suspense through it this fic.
Congrats that was masterful
Michelle chapter 18 . 5/4/2015
Fantastic. Absolutely bloody fantastic.