Reviews for Asylum
Elise chapter 18 . 10/28
Wow. This really was a freaking roller coaster. So well written. God. Everyone in character even with the age and environment changes, the dynamics are perfect, the plot fantastic...
Thank you for all the time and effort you put into this, and for sharing. This is a very special fic, hard, logical and fine tuned. And with a happy ending, thank f*ing God. They deserved it.
Thanks again. You are truly brilliant.
ArtofthePlate chapter 3 . 10/16
I first read this story, after being directed to it by TvTropes, about a year ago, and only just now realized that I never left a review. Shame on me.

I can't pick a favorite chapter, because each one has something that just...makes me want to connect to the grand scheme. In chapter one, it was the opening and it's comparison of artistic interpretations. In chapter two, it was the subtle distrustfulness in the room.

But this chapter... I can't decide. Between the veiled complexity underneath Ed and Roy's interactions, the little nuances of trust between the brothers, and the way you capture everything we need to know about each member of Roy's table with so few words per person... it's just brilliant.

Your pacing is perfect. You take your time, but you don't drag anything. You just slip us little bits of info that don't connect until we're ready for them to.

I prefer the Brotherhood anime, but this fanfic really makes me want to watch the 2003 adaptation. While the motivations of the lead characters are the same, the tones are completely different. I think you captured the tone of the 2003 series very well.

It's getting late where I am, and I think I've exhausted my inner intellectual with this review. You can expect more from me, but they'll problably read more like a squealing otaku. All that aside, you've done great work.
NinjaJuvia chapter 18 . 8/18

This whole fanfic was so well written omg. I don't know the last time my eyes were watery from reading a fanfic, but goddamn you managed to make it happen. And I just-ugh

. I find it funny and weird doe, when Ed calls Al 'baby brother' out loud. Like lol isn't that a bit embarrassing. I don't know man just sayin'
Tenchiko chapter 18 . 7/16
Omg this was awesome! I love how well written each chapter was and how you kept it tight and to the point.
And look! They all ended up joining the military! Cool way to make that happen. Overall wonderful story.
Angel3687 chapter 7 . 5/21
I don't get it...
Ed's not an alchemist anymore? But... NO! Hr has to be! Please!?
PolkaPox chapter 18 . 5/11
Wow. Just wow. I loved it. I read all 18 chapters straight through. This is an amazing story and I regret not reading it earlier. Thank you so much for the amazing story! It was extremely enjoyable :))))))))
97chaoscat chapter 18 . 5/9
I was legitimately in suspense through it this fic.
Congrats that was masterful
Michelle chapter 18 . 5/4
Fantastic. Absolutely bloody fantastic.
A Person chapter 18 . 4/14
Ahhhhh! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!
John Spangler chapter 1 . 2/11
Usually I don't read stories from this fandom, but I decided to give this story a look, and I did the right thing! I've loved the way you've crafted this AU, and the way you've ued the characters. It's one of the best stories I've ever read.
Passerby chapter 18 . 12/30/2014
Wait. What happened to Martel?

Apart from that, thanks for writing this amazing story! :)
Hopeful-z chapter 18 . 11/6/2014
It was a good story with a strong story line and engaging story telling. But the ending was a little weak (Hohenheim's quite timely arrival and him knowing everything and fixing everything). Thank you
ShadowPillow chapter 18 . 11/1/2014
This story is amazing. Absolutely amazing.
Akamaruwolf323 chapter 18 . 9/28/2014
I don't usually leave reviews in stories that are so old as yours, but hell, this one deserves it the characters, the plot, the universe... It's perfect and amazing. One of the best fics I've read.
At first I didn't want to finish the fic because it's based on the FMA anime (not Brotherhood) but now I'm gratefull I continued reading.
The best thing is that you're able to infiltrate some of the original FMA essence about themes like being used and fighting between the moral and protecting your loved ones. The last moment of Izumi is lovely and it really reminds me of FMA. The relationships between the characters are very well portrayed, and the doses of humor and sweetness you slipped in between the drama are great.
Again, one of the best fics I've ever read.
Guest chapter 18 . 9/23/2014
Oh TRUTH is this story amazing! I love every aspect of it, the idea, the narrative, the characterization, the execution... It's brilliant.