Reviews for Angel in His Ear
The95will chapter 1 . 9/24
This was a very enjoyable story. I mean, I love Gears of War for a variety of reasons and the Carmine Brothers are one of the main ones. I often lead my preferences for characters one how they're displayed and how well they are designed in videogames. So in GoW1, I got my answer with Anthony. His helmet and the general COG armor designs are fantastic. Anthony and his voice had that good amount of friendly vibe to it. Then comes Ben. I love the Carmine Brothers, they are what make the multiplayer fun to me and how I was saddened by his death in GoW2. It angers me when fans of GoW relentlessly bash him for no reason at all. That's when I play my best to do the Brothers justice.

I realized by now I talked very little of the story. It's a nice one. I mean, for Ben to be completely alone a second time around is scary enough. Then for him to be killed in such a way. I wish more could have been done for him. So the voice in the ear is what probably made the event less scary for him. And had that happened, I would respect Anya all the more. Thanks for writing this, it just shows me the amount of appreciation other fans have of the Carmines.
The Writing Crow chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
That was so sweet and showed a nice side of Anya that I really liked. Your writing style is the kind that I actually like reading.
Zoe chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
I love this story. I always have a soft spot for that little Ben. It is very sweet.
Blades252 chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
now this is really sweet :)
TheFallenWriter chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
This really pulled me in as I am a GoW fan. You did an amazeing job at this one-shot.
TOATAL GEAR HEAD chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
ok good one shot exept for 2 out of the 4 carmine bros. still live one is clay and i beleve one is madison but not sure on the last so your story is way of but other than the facts good job
Fire Kunai chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
Oh bless. I do love a good Carmine fic and this one really takes the cake. I could really feel his pain and his fear. Anya was lovely in this as well and I kinda like to think that this is what had happened, that our favourite little Carmine wasn't all alone while Delta searched for him.

Only one little thing that jumps out on me. Madison is rumoured to be simply a relation of the brothers, not an actual Carmine sibling but I suppose since this is AU, there's no real reason why he couldn't be another brother.

All in all, Well done. I really loved it!
LightSpiritDarkSpirit chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
I liked this short story, it was sweet and tragic (I have a soft spot for Ben Carmine).

Only complaint is a slight detail error. Madison Carmine is actually his mother/father (gender wasn't specified). All I know is that it isn't one of the brothers.

Aside from that, it was great!