Reviews for Bittersweet
LunaxLupus chapter 7 . 4/22
Appreciate your attempt but found this difficult to believe, especially given how lukewarm she was to him for the rest of the story, something I actually did like (as I indicated before). I would have loved to see this happen over a longer period of time, but I did appreciate that you understood that Light saying she loved him would be way too big of a stretch. Interested in reading your other story, where she did reject him I think :)
LunaxLupus chapter 6 . 4/22
I like Vanille and Fang showing up and I thought the dialogue between Sazh and Hope was better than it was before. There was a sort of connection there, and less grating because it's more out in the open. Too many people know how Hope feels without doing anything about it, and it becomes an awkward elephant in the room.

Criticism I have is that I don't really see why Lightning would consider saying yes after just turning so many people down and being angry. I feel like it would actually make more sense for it to be the opposite, like automatically shooting him down and then reconsidering, realizing that Hope was being honest and that he's not like those other guys. And then Hope pressing on as she's thinking. It just seems like a more realistic progression, given the context and knowing Lightning.
LunaxLupus chapter 5 . 4/22
Hmm, it's a little hard to see Lightning just opening up like that, yet at the same time I appreciate that she isn't so extremely closed off as she is generally portrayed. I'm glad she's open with Hope at least. The Claire thing made me smile. I like Hope/Light being mutual, but so often, you get Light having these "confusing" underlying feelings for him. I appreciate that it's one-sided right now. At the very least, I feel like it's better to start off a fic with it being one-sided at first and developing later. With her completely seeing him as a friend, instead of immediately reconsidering because of a "new and mature" Hope. Nice job.
LunaxLupus chapter 4 . 4/22
Hmmm, I have some issues with the writing so far. It's a little awkward at parts. Just like, the telling of the story and the dialogue itself. But all of it has potential, and overall, still enjoyable. It just doesn't seem all the way there. There is something I truly loved though in this chapter, and it was this:

"She flashed him a rare smile-but this time, unlike what she usually did when around others, she didn't try to hide or hold it back. She let it out, in all of its gorgeous, gorgeous glory..."

I love this image so much. We've seen Lightning give some of her extremely rare smiles in the game. I remember the first time I saw it and it was like, whoa. Lightning is truly beautiful. But for her to really OWN her smile, to really show it like that... that would be show stopping. Unbelievable. And I do think she'd do it at some point to Hope, especially when it was just them.

I do like how you've portrayed her so far. It seems pretty realistic, and for her to be more aware is refreshing. Too many fics out there have Lightning too unaware of her own feelings and others', to some extent. I get that she's not an emotional person and she would likely have difficulty with that sort of thing. Great difficulty. I wouldn't write it differently, in that sense. But you have to get it just right. I appreciate at least that she's calling Hope out on the nervousness and whatnot, but really straightforward about it. I mean come on; Lightning's sharp - she should pick up on any strange behavior, and I can see her giving practical advice. It's nice.
KingZDj chapter 7 . 11/29/2014
Absolutely glorious fic. Couldn't stop reading so I just finished it right away and I'm very pleased with it, especially the ending.
Sir Estheim I chapter 7 . 3/16/2014
I genuinely liked this story it was a fun read and well written too, as well as making me smile a few times throughout. I think you nailed the characters, I hope (no pun intended) that I can do the same in the writing of my own fic, except I might need help with dialogue because it's the weakest part of my writing. Anyway before I get more side tracked I want to say a proper thank you because this gave me a few hours of entertainment and I would also request a sequel if you were willing to do one.
Toaneo07 Ver2.0 chapter 7 . 12/27/2013
oh wow , cool
LeonBear chapter 7 . 8/9/2013
So far, this is the best fanfic of Hope and Lightning that I read in my life! This seriously had me feeling emotional and near crying at the end (jeez) and GOD it makes me wanna know what happens after! 3
Please write more of these fanfics T_T
Scythelike chapter 7 . 10/13/2012
I'm so head over heels for this! I mean a grown up Hope who FINALLY exceeds Lightning came and I can daydream it better because if you compare it with Hope' stature when he was still 14...yeah. not that good. I like how Hope kept on debating on his mind. It was a torture for him but it was cute.

I'm happy that you still kept them close to their personalities but when Vanille and Fang suddenly started talking to their minds. it was kind of off because it doesn't really happen how is that possible or at least I expected a more shocking response to the l'cies.
Would You Hurry It Up chapter 7 . 8/22/2012
Ending felt slightly abrupt, but I think that's just me wanting more. :D

Fantastic read, and I think I might try my hand at writing something like this too, even if I'm a bit late to the party.
0erbayunFang chapter 7 . 3/15/2012
good job! I agree that saying Lightning loved Hope right off the bat would've been out of character, and now I have my own Hope/Light fanfic...its still a work-in-progress, so...yeah
ColinatorGX chapter 7 . 2/20/2012
This story felt right. So very right.

:D
Hitomi-taichou chapter 6 . 9/24/2011
i could not get the fan girl smile off my face during this chapter :)
Comancee chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
Your stories are amazing. I have read both a couple of times. They never get old. And I agree, there aren't enough Hope x Light Fan fics. I hope you continue with some of the most high-quality HopeLight stories on . Maybe I will get some inspiration and start myself. Also pondering. :)

Anyway, thank you for being such a good writer and PLEASE keep it up! yes, this is on Chapter one.
scottaa chapter 7 . 5/8/2011
this was amazing. thanks for the gr8t read.