Reviews for Highlights On Her Hair
Crystal Spinning chapter 3 . 5/29/2014
The description of Taka is great. A woman of extremes, a woman of violence. A woman. Someone who can handle Hiroki's gentle nature and Shinji's more political one. I love it.
And Takako and Shinji in a steady relationship like that, I love it. Most fics are about them getting together, but this had a happy couple in it, and we don't see that often enough.
"WHOA that sounded profound. Did she just say that? Damn me."
I laughed for a year after reading that line, too. Takako is so awkward when it comes to interpersonal relationships and seeing that expressed was so cool.
I loved their awkwardness too. They're still pretty young, and though some have more canon sexual experience, I love that Shuuya and Yukie were working on first kisses. It's so cute and realistic.
Crystal Spinning chapter 2 . 5/29/2014
"...Like watching Shinji get naked - interesting, but she knew how it would all go down..."
I laughed so hard at that line.
"Takako was a liberal woman, and she was against gender discrimination."
God, I'm so passionate about feminism, but Takako's tongue-in-cheek commentary had me cackling.
Also, Flirty!Taka is cute and sneaky but kind of brutal. I think I like it, though she seems a lil vicious in this one. Or maybe Shuuya is just awkward.
Crystal Spinning chapter 1 . 5/29/2014
This was hilarious and so well written.
Once again, Taka is the star of the show and the heart in my chest.
She's OS obnoxious, which is obviously OOC, but Shinji's line was perfect: "She's probably going on another killing spree."
Though sarcastic and cute, I feel as though it's totally a comment that could be applied to her in any context. Takako is Queen Bitch, and I loved seeing her all singsong and flirty. On to the next chapter - the anticipation is building!
coconut13 chapter 3 . 7/20/2010
WHY CAN'T I BE GOOD AT REVIEWING

I gotta say this is the WTF-est story I've ever rewad on here AND I LOVED IT; Takako torturing Shuuya is lol and almost-gay!Shuuya propositioning Mim is win only for the imagined facial expressions. Also, Shuuya and Yukie are adorable :3
anunimus chapter 3 . 7/13/2010
Finally, some TakaxShinji scenes! I can't believe you made it sound like Shuuya really is gay (If only I could have your lips FTW!) :)) I had a great laugh THANK YOUUUU :D
SkyLilies chapter 3 . 7/12/2010
AWWWW Takako and Yukie bonding! I never thought that would ever happen, but it's really sweet, and the idea of having Takako bond with a girl is a nice one- all the people she normally hangs out with are boys.

Also, this:

_

Both of them inhaled and exhaled. Then Shinji started asking slowly. "So what was the matter?"

Silence.

"Can you teach me how to kiss?"

_

BWAHAHAHAHA! Poor Shuu :)

I'm sorry you're out of muses now, but thank you so much for the stories you've given the BR archive, and for the awesomeness that is ShinjixTakako in them. It serves as a really nice AU scenario to console me for the fact that they got killed off in canon :( But yeah, your fics actually make me feel better about that.
imjuzakyd chapter 3 . 7/12/2010
Why do I get the feeling that your "vacation" from this fandom has something to do with my not-so-happy review of your last story? Well, whatever makes you happy. I wanted to see Shuya and Taka kiss, but him and Yukie are cute too. Congrats on finishing this :)
coconut13 chapter 2 . 7/11/2010
Oh my goodness it's all so crazy and yet it's AWESOME! XD It's the littlest things that make me read every single word and damn I'm glad I do, because the line (and following mental images) of Shuuya flailing about on the bleachers looking like the biggest fanboy in the universe (also, the gay for Kawada bits) has me dying over here. XD

Worth the wait, I CAN'T WAIT FOR 3! 3
SkyLilies chapter 2 . 7/11/2010
Ok, I said I'd sleep then review, I eat my words (but I still get to have a gut-splitting laugh before bed!) I love how poor Shuuya consistently comes across as a whipped puppy and Takako makes him even more of one, haha! Takako here is pure, classic Takako, the bitch from heaven we all know and love (esp. the line about Kawada, had to laugh there). And Scared Shuuya is always funny to read!
anunimus chapter 2 . 7/11/2010
ILAVETTTT XD
Xx.Dragon of the East.xX chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
This is really cute so far! It made me laugh and I adore Shuuya/Yukie and of course Shinji/Takako. Keep it up!
imjuzakyd chapter 2 . 7/3/2010
Why do you try to distract me while I watch Argentina vs Germany? It's okay, it's okay. I'm more interested with Spain vs Paraguay anyway.

And you just made Shuya sound gay at the start of the chapter. "The soccer boys are hot-" WTH ))

Come on. Just make them kiss already! ))
pusa.is.me chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
You uploaded this story? *dies laughing*

And I thought I had special dibs on this! ))

But seriously, thank you for indulging my crack pair fantasy! Shukako is now officially my third favorite pair for our lovely sprinter (and stop asking me which is first and second because I'll keep answering that they're equal and the same!). Wouldn't it be a nice twist if they ended up together in this insane story of yours?

*hordes of Mitsuko demure smile attack incoming!*

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Thomas828 chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
If I was in Nanahara's shoes I'd do my darnedest to avoid Chigusa. Utsumi's my kind of girl. Chigusa isn't. Of course it'll be interesting to see what sort of moves Chigusa makes on Nanahara.
coconut13 chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
OMG OMG OMG OMG

The only way in hell this ship works is in our Shinji/Takako universes but it works so well, dammit XD Ahahaha.

God damn I never know what to say in these review things. Holy shit I was dying the entire time I was reading this; 'SHINJI TWO HORNY LOSERS ARE MAKING OUT ON YOUR-' -LMAO. I lvoe your characterizations, love happy!Shinji/Takako, ect ect ect.

I cheered when I saw this was 'incomplete', btw; CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT'S NEEEEEEXT