Reviews for Everlasting Hope: Spirits and Demons
Babywing chapter 29 . 4/26
I kinda wanna ship ratatosk and netrioh
Dr.Bob chapter 57 . 4/1
I understand perfectly what you want to do. After all this is not a book and you must publish things chapter by chapter and then one day you notice that some things are just making things harder or that you wanted to give some importance to some characters but that is just not necessary. At least that's what happens to me sometimes.

Before reviewing this chapter I must tell you that I'm glad you are back, for a moment I thought that you had given up on this fic and I'm glad to see that's not the case, because I like it.

This was an interesting chapter. It's like I'm going to read a different fanfic inside a fanfic. This will be intense and idea of the perfect life is interesting, it isn't as if hasn't been done before (i'm quite sure I've seen something like this somewhere else) but it will be interesting to see it with the ToS characters.

Great chapter as always. It's been fun to read how they would like to live their lifes.

P.S: Sorry if my big expectations for this fic have ever put you in problems.
Firehedgehog chapter 57 . 4/1
niice
Maurice Elias A. Nigma chapter 57 . 4/1
Hey UK, long time no see. Hey listen to start, I'm sorry that I had not been loyal with giving reviews to you after I beta Read your chapters. It's just that at that time, my computer was on the fritz and it's been nearly driving me out of my mind just to get things(and a new laptop) back into order. NOW I'm back, graduated and also got time to spare to FINALLY put some decent reviews for your chapters...starting with this one.

Secondly, I understand why you wanted to re-edit the past chapters so it's cool that you do that, UK. Just know that I'm with you 100 percent on it and would look forward to the changes that you plan to do. NOW on with the review.

Okay I saw what you did in terms of what happened to the group AFTER their long fight with Mithos...I could only say that this is going to be ONE tough journey for both Emil(Ratatosk) and Marta. I mean, they were living out the dream both had always wanted to experience...dreams that did not involve demons, spirits, betrayal, or even secrets that they were not aware of...or the lies that each had to live with due to horrible tragedies that happened to both of them. Anyways, back on topic, from Emil living as a regular boy to Marta living her life wanting to live as a regular girl with a cute high school crush on the boy she loves. No doubt that she's now feeling even more so given how Ratatosk reacted to her choosing to have regular Emil to him. She really must be feeling low to forget the responsibilities and guilt that her family's responsible for.

For the rest of the group...it's just so nice and yet so heartbreaking seeing them all in bliss of their deepest dreams and desires since being born into a world that's corrupt and beyond saving due to both the demons and the corrupt religion of Cruxis. From Regal living the nice life of a business while having a pregnant wife to Sheena living out her dream of being the leader of Mizuho, to Raine living out her life as a scholar with her young and innocent brother Genis. And even Zelos is living out his deep dream of having a regular rich guy's life with his sister Seles. But the most prominent would be with Lloyd and Kratos for they both are living the family life with Lloyd becoming a defender with Kratos as his father...with Anna, their most important women in their life, alive and well. I could tell that they're both going to be hard to convince to leave their deepest fantasy...well, ideal world.

Finally we go to Colette and Presea...though it looks to me that this is mostly focusing on Presea in terms of her way of saving the group. Firstly, I could see how much effort that you put into the romance between the two, especially given that it almost got into the mature rating. But when Colette asked about her friends' well being, the mood suddenly shifted from romantic to stotic as Presea told her all about the Dark Abyss and what she did...it suddenly sent chills to my spine as Presea talked to her love. Makes me wonder if Presea's starting to become more and more like Ratatosk in terms of how SHE believe things should be done...especially with the safety of her friends. I think that she's mostly disturbed about the experience of her death and rebirth as Shadow...and it's effecting her mind than she thought. More so due to her past experience before meeting the group and it would no doubt influence Colette if nothing's done.

All in all the chapter's short but a good way to celebrate your return to writing this story man. I could only wonder what Emil and Marta would do in order to BREAK the dreams of their friends just to wake them up. I could tell that it's not going to be pretty and with Presea...it would no doubt grow WORSE when things do finally get to a head. I can't wait for the next chapter.

Keep up the good work, UK. Please drop me a line on my email for I can't wait to work on beta-reading your chapters again. Laters

Maurice A. Nigma
The Great Blue One

P.S.
Seriously give me a line, UK. I want to really beta-read your story again. I could see from this chapter that YOU do need my help looking over the next chapters.
BlueAbyssHax chapter 57 . 4/1
Well this went in a direction I didn't expect. I'd probably wouldn't be able to do it, but I learned not to let people live a lie.

Im a bit bummed to hear about the Hiatus, im glad your okay, but hey if you feel you need to remix some things then by all means.

I would love to help you with that work, but unfortunately I don't see myself as the best Beta-reader that you deserve. Plus I can't figure out how to work the damn thing XD! Maybe I'll try and let you know, but Im sure you'll find someone to help you.
Windsbane chapter 56 . 8/24/2014
Just read the last two chapters and that was awesome. The back to back confrontation with Genis and the Mithos and Cruxis had me is suspense the whole time I was reading. I have to say again Genis makes for a pretty amazing bad guy in this fic (and a fairly deluded one at that, Nebilim really did a number when raising the kid). Really like the Presea and Collette relationship as well, you have done a really good job developing that as a major part of this fic.
Maurice Elias A. Nigma chapter 56 . 8/20/2014
Okay to start off first of all, I'm sorry that I wasn't as dedicated to reviewing your chapters as I should have but you got to understand that life and college have both been rough on me. From not just life but the computer, studying for my classes and also...lack of interest at the time. Anyways sorry for taking long and I hope that you can forgive me by reading my review for THIS chapter. I can't make promises for the last ones so I'll just do this for now.

Now from what I've seen in the beginning, Presea seems to be at a crossroads between life and death. But at the same time, she seems to be deep somewhere in a place where she can hear the emotions and feelings as well as thoughts of people around her as well as her companions. When confronted by Shadow, it would seem to make her do a double take on what her duty was. When hearing and thinking deeply about what the Summon Spirit of Darkness was saying to her as well as reflecting on what she wants to protect...it would seem to me that she's really awakened and this time it's personal.

Starting with Genis and his female aides as they raided the Renegades' hideout. From the looks of it, the little BOY screwed up big time. Especially with the darkness magic message left behind for him to see. And Richter adding salt onto his wounded Ego doesn't help him either. Not to mention the fact that Richter also noticed the lock on his heart as well as calling Genis a pathetic brother for Raine to have. I could only imagine what's going on with his mind.

Which brings us to the group's escape from Derris Kharlan given how they were imprisoned using advanced tech to neutralize their spirit abilities and just as the Seraphim of Punishment Raya was about to enjoy some fun and torture with the group. Man, I agree with Zelos for when he felt uncomfortable receiving a flirt towards a sick woman like her. Anyways looks to me Raya got the tables turned on her when Presea arrived...well more like a projection of Presea and her magic through Tenebrae. That powerful illusion that she casted on Raya...honestly, that got me a good look at what that Raya girl was like in her past and got to say that she a seriously messed up girl. Glad Presea knocked her out before anything else happened.

We now get to when the group made their escape and when they are confronted by the Leader of Cruxis himself. I mean, like learning about how Cruxis is NOTHING but a lie and sham as well as the church's orders to the humans not to mention the fact that the "angels" are nothing but half elves now turned half demons because of it...but none more than Colette. I mean, she just experienced the death of two of her loved ones before her eyes and all because of a creep due to his enormous ego. So no surprise that she would attack Yggdrasill for making her life a living hell and make him pay for hurting everyone around her...and for hurting Presea again when she appears before them.

But as if it looks that the group would be beaten by Mithos, Presea appeared once again to save the day. Especially given her new form that enables her to avoid and dodge being hit by Mithos' attacks what with that ultimate spell she used the Nightmare Swarm Mystic Arte...honestly? That's a very scary Mystic Arte and a pretty invincible one to be able to stand agaisnt Mithos' own runic body. But however it did the job for it allowed the group to get away and leave Mithos with nothing but a bruised ego to treat.

All in all the this chapter was certainly filled with surprises and worth the wait. Secrets revealed and treachery revealed. Now here are some things like how is the group going to take it and where the Renegades are NOW given what was said. But not only that but it seems to me that there's more to this conspiracy than just a take over the world plot. Especially with Mithos about to contact Genis about the Great One finding the war too troublesome to bother with. I wonder what he means by that and what would happen at this point? I can't wait to find out. Not to mention more interactions with the group and pairing involved...particularly with Sheena and Lloyd along with Presea and Colette. So good work and keep up the good writing too. Again I apologize and hope that you forgive me.

Maurice A. Nigma
The Great Blue One

P.S.
Hope to see some hilarious skits to help along with it too. XD
Dr.Bob chapter 55 . 5/4/2014
Reviewer notes:
I should have reviewed this chapter earlier but the college has been keeping me busy and I forgot to review it. Sorry…

Review:
It looks like the main characters have no time to rest: Observers, Bone archers… If it wasn’t because they are the main characters I would be surprised of them making it alive.

Genis being a jerk with his sister made him look really cold. However it makes sense, they were never together, the only thing they share is blood. But I didn’t see coming that sadistic attitude, he is usually a smart ass and likes to annoy some people he considers stupid but this time he was plain cruel and sadist. Maybe he has spent too much time with Alice lately?

I liked Genis knowing everything but one more “Just as planed” from him and he is going to kick Light Yagami (from Death Note) and Aizen (Bleach) balls.

I didn’t see coming Presea’s death, normally people don’t kill main characters in long fanfics, they only kill the villains. You took my by surprise and I congratulate you for taking that choice, not because I hate Presea and I want to see her death, but because you took a big risk by killing her. Anyway it looks like anyone who Colette loves tends to end dying horribly. Anyway… don’t you think the way you killed her was a little too brutal for a protagonist? I wouldn’t like to see my favorite characters dying like that, and I bet Presea has some fans. Anyway, your fic, your choices. However after all is not like the main characters didn’t kill brutally some desians who possibly had families and friends too… (And they will possibly will keep killing more and more anyway).

However judging Genis companion’s reaction to such a gorish death, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a charade, for some reason I don’t see them act like nothing after Genis killing someone like that. However I could be wrong, they are demons after all.

CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! At Colette’s reaction to her death. She talking with her head... it was just… how to put it... AMAZING. Really touching and creepy.

OK… I just read the end note and you ruined the next chapter for me… Presea is alive. Don’t take me wrong, I like her to be alive, but you ruined the surprise…

Over all great chapter. And don’t worry about the updates, I know how the college can be, I’m on my last year (if I pass everything) and I barely can update. It took me 4 month! To update a chapter when I normally update every month.

P.S: If Presea’s death was a charade to break Colette’s mid, Genis has definitely spent too much time with Alice XD.

P.S.2: I don’t know if you will kill Decus and Alice however whatever choice you take could you eventually gave them a skit too. I might not talk about your skits but I enjoy them all and I would like one with them in it. You know they have the parody potential.
Emil C chapter 55 . 4/2/2014
Well, I wasn't that surprised about the revelation of Seles as a spy...
True be told, I thought she was doing it knowingly, but I guess not. That doesn't change the fact that it really got me by the Centurion's cores and I was about to kill Seles, again, because she's... well... dead...
Now, Genis is being a little prick. Go figure, right? But I'm getting the feeling that you're forcing his character in YOUR story too much, like he's stagnant, unchanging, dry...? Souless?
No real drive, like nothing really matters to him... He's like a smart, powerful grunt, but a grunt in the end... I mean, even when we've seen his point of view or brilliant moments there is just no drive and he has suddenly become kind of predictable as a character. Meaning, your Genis just became boring.
Sheena and Zelos on the other hand became butt tone of fun to read! Specially in battles scenes!
Marta is bland as well, not much to her and like I said before she has the hots... FOR RATATOSK...
'Cuz, who cares for Emil? Well, Richter, but... yeah...
I know I should be more shocked about Presea's scarifice and possible 'death', but like I said before she's actually a very undevelop character, except when she's in the middle of battles... Which apparently it's when she usually gets the spotlight and the most character development.
And heck, what about freaking Regal?! He was sooo cool in battle, but I don't know what's what with him.
Now, the setting in Heimdal? Nice. It was about time touch uncharted locations of the Aselian Map!
Still hoping what will happen,if anything happens if they ever set foot in Sybak... All the stuff that's hidden in there... Oooooh, all the possibilites!
Now on to the good stuff!
- Loved the action and battle scenes!
- Emil figthing! Not Ratatosk! Yay!
- Regal kicking demons butt!
- Raine saving Genis and him laughing!
- Best skits ever!
And like I said:
- Genis feels awkward, but his actions predictable.
- What's Regal's beeswax?
- Marta is plain, like really plain... and she doesn't care for Emil...
- Too many battles, too little story and character development...
- Seriously, this chapter felt insipid and awkward... It is beneath you...

Like always great story over all,
Although this chapter suffered,
Keep at it!

Emil C.
BlueAbyssHax chapter 55 . 4/1/2014
actually I was thinking, well he put a reason for making this REALLY M-rated. other than that just a little surprised, but have a feeling she's not "Dead".
Firehedgehog chapter 55 . 4/1/2014
evil cliffy
Emil C chapter 54 . 2/7/2014
Good, good. Very nice character development there.
Let me start my review from the end! Lols! It's just that the case file at the end of this chapter made me wonder. It says, and I quote, "think that was when it all began, because after he came back he wasn't... himself. Not anymore. Granted I didn't know him that well, but from what everybody said and... you just had to look at the guy to know there was something wrong.

Whatever happened to him there, I think that the old Ratatosk died that day..."

It made me wonder all day and night: Does that mean he became worst? More hateful and full of resentment towards the world? Or Did Ratatosk's persona FINALLY dissapeared? I mean, I know he's part of Emil and all, but... Like I've said before, I'm a fan of Emil not Ratatosk.
But I do hope, that by the emd of this story Emil and Ratatosk will become one and the same entity. For the sake of their existance.
Now, they just killed the Summon Spirit of the Heart, that will have catastrophic consequences to the world dont you think? I mean, now who will regulate the hearts of men? I am afraid, now. Like you said things can only go downhill from now...
Now, it seems like Genis will soon have a confrontation with the RSS (Reincarnated Summon Spirits)
What will happen then? Who will win? But now that they have Maxwell's blessing or ring... I am pretty sure that some really amazing stuff will happen the next time the meet with each other!
I just know it!
Anyways, keep the good job!
Emil C. out!
Oh, I am also waiting for Lloyd and Raine to go on that date... But I also hope for Emil to not just get stuck with Marta with no other otions... I mean, Lloyd gets all the girls and he winds up with the stalker jealous flat chested chick...? Don't get me wrong, they compliment each other to so many levels! I love Marta, but seriously! Emil deserves more and better. For instance, he deserves someone that loves HIM and not Ratatosk. Anyways, I just hope there's someone out there that will try to steal Emil's heart as well... I dunno, maybe Alice? Seles? (Eventhough she's dead...) No, that'd be weird... But anyways, let me feel the struggle! And Richter and Emil is a big "No, no!"
Emil ain't no frutty! I hope... I mean... yeah...
Still, Ratatosk is getting too much screenshots! Where are you, Emil?!
BlueAbyssHax chapter 54 . 2/3/2014
One word stood out to me watching this battle: Broly.
That's all I can say, that ending had me almost let out a tear.
Firehedgehog chapter 54 . 1/31/2014
poor rata... sniffles
Dr.Bob chapter 52 . 12/20/2013
Sorry for not reviewing sooner. It has been a quite bussy month for me with the college and my own fic. But let's leave the excuses aside and begin the review.

It looks like things are going from bad to wrost for Alice and Decus. She has lost all her privileges and is being used like a tool by Nebilim. And as if that wasn't bad enough now she has been sent in a suicide mission along Decus. The people in her side don't care about her and she has become an enemy of everyone else. Now they have nowhere to go and have no allies in any side of the conflict. They are screwed.

I'm glad to see Hawk, I hope I can see him more. I felt like he was Botta 2.0 in the game (Hawk had a more lame death though... poor guy.)

Lloyd being leaded by Raine to ask her for a date... Knowing him I can see that happening that way.

Zelos as a "love teacher" has no price. But I'm surprised that he wasn't annoyed or that didn't warn Lloyd about his actions with the lovely proffesor and the impact it could have on Sheena. (Despite being a pervert he always seemed to care about her and always tried to make Lloyd notice her feelings for him. He never did though. However that was in the game.)

Looks like Genis is fine and the seal didn't have any bad side effects. Now I'm interested about how Lady Pronyma got her rank, bot Genis and Alice have mentioned that they didn't lie her methods (though Alice said that she would have liked to do that herself.) Anyway Pronyma's superior and the one who must have given her that rank must have been Nebilim and I'm quite sure that someone like him doesn't take a such an important decission based on... sex? (I'm not sure but it looks like that's how she got her possition) so I'm pretty sure that despite how she got her posstion she deserves it.

I liked Martel putting Verious her place, someone had to do it.

And well, it looks like things are going to become more and more interesting now that they are in the Twinlight Palace. I wonder who Maxwell might be, I would bet on Genis but I have been wrong other times.

Well, see yah in the next chapter. Keep the good work up.