Reviews for Help Yourself
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 11 . 2/1/2012
End of season 6 I wish also. This is the best House/Cuddy FF I have read...it ends with and intelligent House...I Love It. Food for Thought: In 7 Seasons of House MD NEVER HAS WILSON EVER APOLOGIZED TO HOUSE...House as made a number of apologies to Wilson (even when I didn't think he needed to be the one to apologize). The only times Cuddy has ever apologized to House (for a wrong doing..because during Informed Consent she did apologize for the pain returning after the ketemine wore off, however not for the unethical behavior of lying to him in order to "Humble" him: gee great friend) was after targeting his only vulnerability (his leg) during "The Greater Good" (Which you have written a terrific story to elaborate on..ha). Both Wilson and Cuddy have behavior in their past that needs atonement. I have noticed that EVERY time that Wilson and Cuddy get together to "help" House they always make things worse for him. I have also noticed that every time House does take Wilson's advice and does what he is told it never works out right...ie: Family, Human Error and that debacle MOVING ON...House's new mantra really should be "stick to your guns".
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 9 . 2/1/2012
I LOVE HOUSE AND CHASE FRIENDSHIP. I always thought that Chase was the best duckling diagnostics fellow, once House punched him (Finding Judas), Chase really began fighting for his theories and standing up for himself...so even unknowingly House helped him to grow up. I immediately realized why House fired him in Human Error...he was ready to leave the nest and fly on his own, unlike Foreman (who NEVER will be ready) or Cameron. I liked that House always called on Chase for surgeries or to fill in for friendship. Ever since "Cursed" I saw the parallels between House and Chase...they have a lot in common. Well done and nice twist. Bravo. Secretly I think Chase would be a better friend for House than Wilson, certainly less judgmental and lecturing. Hee hee
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
OH YEA...your A/N ROCKS...I remember actually laughing out loud at the fact that Foreman left the disaster scene with the crane operator (with Cuddy's approval I might add) while House was left behind as the competitor for the "ONE LEGGED MAN IN A BUTT-KICKING CONTEST" And wow, IBUPROFEN must be AWESOME for House to crawl around in the demolished parking structure without some heavy duty pain. DAVID SHORE, GREG YAITANES AND BEARS Oh my. I guess "sick people aren't the only people that God doesn't like, he apparently dislikes stupid viewers as well...HUH.
siobhan.22 chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
Great chapter
EnsnaredSenses chapter 9 . 9/14/2010
I only warmed up to Chase after that whole Dibala situation. Your fic makes me like him a whole lot more.
EnsnaredSenses chapter 8 . 9/14/2010
OMFG I completely forgot about Tritter! Panicked for a moment there when Tritter suggested that he would just delete the recording. I'm so glad they got caught. Wankers. Ha, bitches!
EnsnaredSenses chapter 5 . 9/14/2010
I hope Lucas turns up and House beats the shit out of him with his cane.
EnsnaredSenses chapter 4 . 9/14/2010
God. I had tears in my eyes when I got to the end of this chapter. I fucking hate Lucas.
Gnome Ignominious chapter 11 . 6/1/2010
Wow, I loved this! You are definitely not the only one who thinks the finale of S6 left a lot to be desired. Thanks for this great story!
Rugbygirrl chapter 11 . 5/31/2010
Always sad when one of your stories end:(

But it was a beautiful piece. I actually think I would have been happier with this ending. I loved the 'tango' House and Cuddy used to have... which was definitely missing from the past season and a half, but didn't know how to feel with the season finale.
Sandiane Carter chapter 11 . 5/31/2010
Wow. I really wish your version of that episode was the season finale, too. The only critical observation I could make is that I don't think it would be very likely that both Sam and Lucas would work against House, but the way you've made it sound in Sam's explanation to Wilson is quite good.

I just love your last conversation between House and Wilson (and I DO love their friendship, but I also think you're right) and the last bit between House and Cuddy is just wonderful. The last scene of the real episode is just too good to be true in my eyes - it's not consistent with the rest of the season. I've been writing myself about the last episode, trying to understand how Cuddy could go from one extreme to the other. Your scene is great because it's just what we need at this time (the real scene was too much for my poor heart really :D).

Also, great job with House and Nolan. I like that psychiatrist and I'm glad you gave him a second chance.

So, on the whole, awesome story :) if they were clever at all, the show's writing team would hire you ! Keep writing ;) and thanks for giving me a great time!
housestartrek chapter 11 . 5/30/2010
nice!
Priestess of Groove chapter 11 . 5/30/2010
Hey there,

I've liked your Pranks Universe stories (up until that last one, but that is a separate issue). You are a truly talented writer and you have pacing and you know how to handle the characters. I always look forward to reading your work.

This story, however, was FAR less believable than the season 6 season finale. Do I think Cuddy's change of heart was abrupt? Yes, yes it was. But, at the beginning of season 6, everyone pretty much agreed that Lucas and Cuddy were all wrong for each other. We did not see much of the Cuddy the last few episodes up until the season finale, which implies a certain hidden subtext as to what was going on in her life in that time. Remember the last scene before the season finale when she offered to take House out to dinner?

She hardly struck me as confident and she was very much hesitant and uncertain. Regardless of the abrupt ending to the season finale, I still very much enjoyed it.

Certainly not that you don't have the right to not like that episode, but this story was obviously written in criticism of that episode to replace it. Perfectly fine, but I reserve the right to say I would have been waaaaaay more disappointed in the season six finale if this is how it had gone.

I love most of your other stories, but I just have difficulty believing Lucas and Sam, mostly Sam, would be conniving and irritated and perhaps stupid enough to try something like that.

I hope you don't take this review badly. I don't mean it in any hurtful way, just consider this a healthy criticism from one author to another. I love to go off the deep end with my own stories, but there are times I have difficulty processing outrageous scenarios and this story, as well as Onslaught, have unfortunately fallen way over that line for me.

I look forward to the next thing that you write, though! ) Good luck!
MissBates chapter 11 . 5/30/2010
A bit too tidy for my taste, but a lot better than what the finale served us with. It would be nice if House realized that he isn't the only screwed-up person out there at PPTH and if the others realized that they, too, have serious problems.

I didn't much appreciate Cuddy's quick rebound either - it was rather junior high. Your solution is more realistic for two 40 adults.

Nice work!