Reviews for The Black Dog
JakalCity chapter 8 . 5/1
Everything but the ending was pretty good. The ending of her time in the feudal era seemed super forced and not a natural flow of the story. All her musing that she had to stay in feudal time and then IY is mean and takes her swordso she changes her mind instantly? In modern era she vows to protect her family forever, then Sesshou comes and it's suddenly 'nevermind my family or the peace I could bring my grieving mother by simply explaining what happened with the jewel'? Nah. The ending doesn't match the rest of the story ~at all~. Sucks because it's a great story and super refreshingly different.
JakalCity chapter 5 . 5/1
There's no way Sango would be so lame in battle. Ugh. It's Sango fakraissake.
MoonPrincess623 chapter 8 . 2/1
Because flying in modern times on a cloud wouldnt spark fear or cpnfusion just want to be Son goku. Lol. This was cute.
Guest chapter 8 . 12/17/2016
You write wonderfully and it was so good finally seeing someone correctly spell "bear" and "throes"! haha. But I started disliking something halfway through and ended up hating it - I hated that she was a "canine priestess" - actually grew to hate that term too. lol. Too weird. (So is her lifespan shortened now that she is a dog?) I thought she was an inuyoukai and was surprised to read your AN halfway through explaining she's a weird dog-human hybrid :( Besides, a youkai would explain her strength, stamina, not needing to eat as much/often more than being a dog I think... Once I started thinking of her as a dog-human, I started thinking how she could've turned into that, what on earth could've been the wish cuz why on earth would he just wish that she turned into a human-dog? And if that was the case wouldn't she have just turned into a real dog unable to turn back and limited to a dog's lifespan?

I also hated the ending, it was too depressing. This is the first story I read where the two romantic leads get together in the end with their future open for them (so it should be a happy ending) yet the whole chapter and ending just felt depressing...

Your writing itself is great. It's just a matter of personal taste I guess. Those two things ruined it for me in the end so a good story ended up being meh by the end for me. Thanks for sharing though. You're still a great writer and should continue writing.
inugirl504 chapter 8 . 11/23/2016
that was sweet
Guest chapter 8 . 7/29/2016
:'( I don't know if I am happy or not? Like I really don't think my mind has truly registered the ending or not.
FlamingStar93 chapter 1 . 7/10/2016
It's a wonderful story. I wish it was longer though :\
Guest chapter 1 . 6/26/2016
I loved this story! I hope you make a sequel.
Kyo12591 chapter 7 . 6/1/2016
Great work! Well worth staying up to read it. :-D
Alaina Kuski chapter 8 . 4/20/2016
Love it!
mzsharboneau chapter 8 . 4/15/2016
I really enjoyed this story a lot! Great descriptions!
Princess Niki chapter 8 . 2/10/2016
I wish there were more! I don't want it to be over..
mlivingston1432 chapter 8 . 1/26/2016
oh the feels. this was absolutely perfect.
StarKurama chapter 8 . 12/4/2015
i loved this. you should make a sequal
a.vago chapter 8 . 11/21/2015
I love this story! Congratulation!