Reviews for Counting Coup
7kstar chapter 3 . 11/20/2010
I enjoyed the idea of Dean pulling a counting coup on Eve and that someone wanted to go after Sam for killing Steve.

how I miss the brothers being whole and together. I think sometimes they don't realize it was the relationship of the brothers fighting together and being close that pulled a good group of their fan base into the Supernatural World. Thanks for bringing a slice of that back when we are missing it now in season 6. Of course, I can't resist a good Dean whump either.

Nice job. :)
Zinfer chapter 3 . 11/13/2010
that was really cute _ ur my fav supernatural fanfiction writer
LaedieDuske chapter 3 . 11/11/2010
Wow, what an incredible piece. It's 4:15 AM, I haven't been able to tear myself away until I'd finished it. Some of my favourite story elements in there, and I agree the show leaves so many things open-ended. I am glad you threw in there that Dean came clean about at least some of the damage Sam did to him while possessed. The bullet wound always concerned me, especially after the abuse it suffered under Meg's "tender" ministrations. Infection and blood poisoning, to name two potential issues. Nice touch keeping the wound to the head too, I think the pistol-whipping was lost by the wayside about the time he was shot, which is understandable. Overall, just a great story and I enjoyed it immensely. Yay for some damaged Dean and protective Sammy. I need stories like this, the brothers being brothers and taking care of each other, in order to detox from the current season, which is slowly killing me. *snuggles Dean*

LD
JustOnePogostick chapter 3 . 9/27/2010
I always wondered if show's writer ran out of time to follow up on the Wandell story thread or if it bored them and they felt they had bigger fish to fry. I appreciated the interesting A/N explaining the title. I had no clue where this story line was headed, but you categorized it as a mystery so... LOL The writing was excellent as well as the pacing and unfolding of the story.
sams1ra chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
Good story, thanks for sharing!
ForgottenSeptember chapter 3 . 7/29/2010
Wow ! Awesome story ! Well written and plotted, and the brothers were totally in characters ! :)

And I was too wondering why we never heard of those hunters looking for revenge since BUABS...

Anyway, great job, going to my favorites list ! :)
Setsuna-X chapter 3 . 7/27/2010
Wow, I loved it. Seriously, the whole plot would have easily made an episode in the show. It was that good _
ViaVeritasVita chapter 3 . 7/6/2010
Well plotted. Love the way Dean threatened Eve.
Ryla chapter 3 . 6/30/2010
Wow. Awesome story. I have no critiques; it was very well put together, solid plot, solid characterizations, it was awesome! LOL Thanks for your hard work!
bhoney chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Ah, yes, I do remember reading this in the zine! Think I'll have to read it again now. :) I do love a poisoned!Dean. ;) Awesome beginning!
asesina chapter 3 . 6/17/2010
Cool idea! I loved the protective side of Dean, Sam taking care of his brother, and the nostalgic season 2 setting. The hurt!Dean was an added bonus ;)
SunnyZim chapter 3 . 6/17/2010
Nice. Very nice:-) I liked Dean's revenge - an angry, protective Dean is a scary Dean and I liked the way he rattled Eve - especially liked the fact that he left an apple by her bed, although I think a peach could have been just as effective in this case (and possibly scarier...)! I suspected from the start that Eve was up to no good but never in a million years would I have guessed the Wandell connection and I really enjoyed that touch. Also really enjoyed the ghost story - the only thing that confused me was why exactly Celia Barnstable wanted to keep her crypt a secret even from her sons? Loved seeing protective Sam and protective Dean:-) On the whole, a thoroughly enjoyable, well-written and well thought-out story and I found the information about 'counting coup' fascinating. Well done!
carocali chapter 3 . 6/16/2010
You are an equal-opportunity abuser and the end result was wonderfully done! Love how they both are so protective of each other and will go out of their way make sure the other is alright.

I always wondered why the show didn't follow this thread since they made such a deal of it. I guess it's like the 100 other things they throw at us (amulet in the trashcan, Zach's phone call to Sam, anyone?) and never resolve. Thank god there are amazing fic writers like you to fill in those gaps!

Nicely done.

;D

Caroline
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 3 . 6/16/2010
Great *-*

I really loved the ending, that was pretty smart to do something like that I bet Eve won't try that again xD

Well, I loved the story That was amazing, congratulations D

Kisses

Rosetta
Zatnikatel chapter 3 . 6/14/2010
POISON?

How dare someone poison my boy. So now I want to know why…

This is intriguing. Who the heck is diner guy? And if he is a villain then who the heck is diner girl? Races on… oh no! Sam!

I should have known you would keep up your record for equal opportunity whump! Love Sam’s single-mindedness in tracking down the villains himself: nice foreshadowing there for Mystery Spot Sam and S4 Sam. And great use of canon in having it be Wandell’s daughter… and it was Sam she really wanted to get. The bitca. Love the end scenes and Dean’s absolute faith in the fact Sam wasn’t responsible for Wandell’s death, just like in BUaBS, leading up to his confrontation with Eve. Love Dean’s utter coldness in the phone conversation…

Love it! Your usual really crisp and efficient writing! I’ve never gotten any of the ‘zines so it’s nice when little gems like this that I’ve not seen before happen along! ;-)
84 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »