Reviews for Counting Coup
Tacpebs chapter 3 . 5/31/2010
Truly enjoyable. Very nicely done.
moira4eku chapter 3 . 5/29/2010
Great story! Sometimes I love me some human threat! Dean sure knows how to take care of his little brother. Thanks for the story!
moira4eku chapter 2 . 5/29/2010
Yikes! What is going on with Dean? He's more than a little confused here. Hopefully, the doctors will be able to figure it out. Is his illness supernatural or natural? Looking forward to finding out!
calcium77 chapter 3 . 5/29/2010
Well, I just totally enjoyed reading your story! Absolutely excellent work! Great twist with Eve. I also missed that they never mentioned that again on the show.

I don't think I have ever read a story with a poisoning and with someone going through a glass door. Very original! :-)

Thanks so so much for sharing this! Great way to pass the time while my husband watches some martial arts movie with his brother on a Saturday night :-)

Kat
Menthol Pixie chapter 3 . 5/29/2010
It does indeed sound like something Dean would do. Great story - it certainly makes up for the show not following the idea. Thanks for sharing. :)
calcium77 chapter 2 . 5/29/2010
You had me when you posted 3 chapters at once...but this story really rocks! I just love it. You write Sam and Dean perfectly. The story is nice and actiony and it flows even better than if it were a real episode. Perfection! Ok, I will stop now...don't want you to get a big head :-)

Kat
TraSan chapter 3 . 5/29/2010
As you wrapped up the physical hurts, it was perfect to finish the story with the loose emotional threads.

Sam did feel guilty for his actions while possessed and Dean - would so totally do something like this if his brother was threatened by humans. Put the fear of Dean into those two in a very real way.

The brotherly interaction was pitch-perfect.

Just simply awesome.

Thanks for writing!

P.S. remind me to bore you one day with my husband's and my conversation about the word supine (and yes, it does relate to counting coup, a term with which I am familiar). LOL.
TraSan chapter 2 . 5/29/2010
You crammed so much into this chapter I'm not sure where to start!

Loved the whole pain meter scale and it sounded so much like them! Hee. And Sam leaving up his middle fingers - he really did learn from the best.

Eve's not a demon, is she? There's definitely more to this than Sam's imagination I'll wager.

The hidden room? Stroke of genius. Excellent!

And Dean's deteriation and strangled!Sammy made for some exciting end of the chapter reading. I'm off to the third installment.
TraSan chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
Wow, exciting start!

Your writing style and descriptions just suck me right in - every time.

Sam's thoughts and worry in the hospital were perfect...and even Dean's actions in his confused state. That concern (and yes, fear) for his brother shining through in his statement about "Bastard pushed you down the stairs."

LOL - okay, Sculls, Dean's comments to Sam about him being a cougar hound just hurt. LOL. Because yeah, Sam/Jared is way too young for me, but it doesn't keep me from looking!

Eep! You started the story with DiP (*snort*) and ending with past SiP (you know, those are horrible acronyms. LOL). But the mutual bro-whump is a delight!
okedoke chapter 3 . 5/29/2010
Loved your story. Hope you have a sequel in the works. Keep writing and I'll keep reading.

okedoke (Marvia)
friendly chapter 3 . 5/29/2010
the show was going to touch on Steve Wandell more, but it was the season of the strike and they didn't get a chance to.

great story
PhoenixDragonDreamer chapter 3 . 5/29/2010
Wow! This was an epic fic! There is no end to the love I have for this! You kept me guessing, even when Eve was shooting Sam evil looks - and that ending! Whew! Pure Dean - an a wonerfully sneaky Dean at that! Thank you for this, honey! I think I'll be saving this to enjoy for a long time to come!

*hugs*

Mandy
alwaysateen chapter 3 . 5/28/2010
Wow, mega wow! What an amazing story!

I knew Cyanide could do some damages but never "witnessed" them out close and personnal before. Must be such a horrible feeling.

Poor Sam, he must have feel so responsible when Dean told him he exchange their desserts... Dean was glad about that little fact, of course, better him then his brother.

Good idea to bring the Wandell back into the picture.

Awesome job. :)
pandora jazz chapter 3 . 5/28/2010
What a wonderful story.

Loved the mystery and suspense as we worried about what was wrong with Dean.

What a great twist when you revealed that Eve had poisoned Dean because she was related to Steve Wandell.

You gave us some hurt brothers as we had Sam worrying about an ill Dean and than you also threw in some minor hurt Sam too. We also got see big brother reaction to the news Sam had been hit by a car and that the poison was originally intended for his little brother.

Thanks for setting this story in the second season, love visiting the first and second seasons, reminds me why I fell in love with the show. I miss these brothers.

You wrote a great ending having Dean visit Frank and Eve.

I enjoyed reading this story again, as I previously read it in the Brotherhood book.

Thanks for sharing your stories with us.
ames 449 chapter 3 . 5/28/2010
Well, you know I loved this the first time I read it; that didn't change on a second go. In fact, if anything, it made me appreciate the little details even more. I loved the banter between the boys. Your dialogue always flows so easily - even with your OCs. As always you build an intriguing plot into a seemingly harmless pie eating escapade. Now, if that isn't an advert to eat healthy, I don't know what is! On a side note, was Eve's name a conscious choice? You know, all that original sin, and hell hath no fury like that of a woman scorned? And most of all what I love about this story is the wee homage to yours truly :D If only I'd had hot guys come through my department when I was a nurse; I'd probably never have given up medicine for writing. There also would have been a lot more touching if I was treating them. Mostly bicep stroking... and I'm getting my mind out of the gutter now :) Love this story, dude, and it completely deserves its place in fanzine.
89 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »