Reviews for Counting Coup
Pinkchick chapter 3 . 5/28/2010
I love that you used a plot involving revenge for Wandell's death. That plot's been rolling around my head for a while, but you executed it so much better than I ever could have. I loved it from start to finish. You infuse so much into one story: the brother's relationship, a great plot, hurt/comfort, and strong/superb writing. I loved that Dean still took a hit for Sam, even if it was by his love for pie. And I loved their protectiveness of each other, especially Dean's plan to ruffle Eve's feathers without actually hurting her. Really, really well done. Thanks so much for sharing! I look forward to more of your stories soon.
Nana56 chapter 3 . 5/28/2010
What an awesome fic! Really loved it. Almost too much to comment on but I'll give it a go. :D

Eve. I couldn't figure out why she was treating Sam the way she was in the diner. It really had me confused and if it hadn't already been Dean in the hospital, I'd have been sure Sam would be...as you planned, no doubt. ;p

It was really sweet that Sam was ready to go to her rescue from the gas station, no matter how she'd treated him. Awwwww!

The brother stuff was just perfectly wonderful. Enough banter and a delicious amount of hurt Dean. *sighs happily*

You very cleverly kept the identities of Eve and Frank until late in the fic. *Bounces eyebrows* By the time we got to it, I'd totally forgotten what season we were in. Hee Nicely played. :D

The whole last part of the fic, tho, was just perfect and I'd wondered when/how you were going to work in the counting coup part. Really perfect. Dean must have been in full on hunter mode while he was doing all that. Clever boy! I really do love that custom. It's more humiliating than actually being killed or whatever. :D

Very nicely done, my friend. Really, really enjoyed it. :)
calcium77 chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
I have not even read on chapter yet but I had something to say...I love you for posting all chapters at once! Thanks! I know I'll love the story...I always do love your work. But I'll let you know once I have a chance to read. I'm very excited to start. Sadly my job is interrupting for now. Stupid job! :-)

kat
Madebyme chapter 3 . 5/28/2010
There was a little something for everybody in the fic, from protective big and little brothers to a generous helping of h/c - a good old fashioned hunt gone wrong with an added twist! Exactly what the doctor ordered!

I'm a huge fan of authors who play with loose threads from canon and I loved how you weaved Steve Wandell's family into this tale. We know from canon he had a daughter and that hunters might want revenge and you tied it together neatly and in a intriguing and suspenseful way.

I loved how Dean got poisoned because he swapped his own pie for Sam's larger helping! Such a very in character thing for Dean to do and neat little touch!

There were so many little details that I enjoyed: the detailed accounts of the boys stay in hospital, Sam's sole focus on his brother despite being hit by a truck and the banter at the ending with Dean not being put off pie! It's little touches like these that really make a good story great!

I was wondering how the title would play into the fic and was overjoyed by the ending when we heard what revenge Dean had cooked up. And I completely agree, I can certainly see Dean doing this to protect Sam from a human threat.

I was delighted by this fic, the twists and turns and the mystery as to who was responsible for Dean's poisoning was teased out perfectly. A very entertaining and well written fic, you certainly held my attention throughout! I hope you have some more of these up your sleeve! Take care, Abbi
ncis-lady chapter 3 . 5/28/2010
Another great story, thanks for that! You know I'm always up for a bit h/c and lots of brotherly love, and this was again a really good mix of the above plus some action und fun. And I like how you used a story from the past to create an entirely new story, and yeah it does make sense that Sam might get in trouble for what he (well, Meg) has done. Glad the boys got out of it okay and I loved Dean's phone call to Eve :) Well done!
SimplyOut chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
Very good story. I enjoyed it a lot! Thanks.
SPNCruzin chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
I really liked this fanfic. It had all my favs! Long chapters, hurt Dean, brotherly banter,more hurt Dean and Sam and a touch of Bobby! Can't wait to see what you bring us next. Hope you have plot bunnies going and hear from you soon. Thanks so much hon!
adder574 chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
Interesting twist with it being the Wandells. I didn't see that coming. Thanks for posting this story, I really liked it.
Stacee Phelps chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
OMG, Scullspeare! I love all your stories and you have no idea how I squealed at the author alert I got for this story! I LOVED it and the loose end you tied up with the Wandells. I especially love the way you did it, way better than other ones I've read. LOVED every minute of this fic and can't wait for more from you!

~*~Stacee Phelps~*~
adder574 chapter 2 . 5/27/2010
I'm glad that the boys were able to take care of Reggie. I wonder if Eve and the guy are somehow responsible for Dean's condition. Good chapter
Harrigan chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
I *love* summertime when we get to revisit boys from past seasons as zine fic becomes public! As always, you really nail the dialogue, and the action, too!

I *love* fic that toys with 'loose threads from canon'.

I *love* the hurt/comfort/mystery genre!

I *love* how well you capture the boys' characters.

And I *LoveLoveLove* that you put the boys in scrubs! Squeee!
mamapranayama chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
Great story. I loved all. Wonderful writing and I hope to read more from you soon. :D
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
This was wonderful. Simply wonderful. I gulped it down like a tall glass of lemonade on a hot summer day. :-)
My heart beats only for you chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
nicely done! awesome job :D I really liked this
Marlowe97 chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
Very good! I like the idea of Wandell's family seeking revenge. And considering that maybe other brother's are as close as Dean and Sam, you can't even blame them, not really.

But as Dean said, the line is between humans and monsters, adn Eve and Frank crossed that. Thanks for the note about the counting coup. It's a very interesting concept, and Dean would certainly like to do stuff like it.
89 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »