Reviews for Counting Coup
calcium77 chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
I have not even read on chapter yet but I had something to say...I love you for posting all chapters at once! Thanks! I know I'll love the story...I always do love your work. But I'll let you know once I have a chance to read. I'm very excited to start. Sadly my job is interrupting for now. Stupid job! :-)

kat
Madebyme chapter 3 . 5/28/2010
There was a little something for everybody in the fic, from protective big and little brothers to a generous helping of h/c - a good old fashioned hunt gone wrong with an added twist! Exactly what the doctor ordered!

I'm a huge fan of authors who play with loose threads from canon and I loved how you weaved Steve Wandell's family into this tale. We know from canon he had a daughter and that hunters might want revenge and you tied it together neatly and in a intriguing and suspenseful way.

I loved how Dean got poisoned because he swapped his own pie for Sam's larger helping! Such a very in character thing for Dean to do and neat little touch!

There were so many little details that I enjoyed: the detailed accounts of the boys stay in hospital, Sam's sole focus on his brother despite being hit by a truck and the banter at the ending with Dean not being put off pie! It's little touches like these that really make a good story great!

I was wondering how the title would play into the fic and was overjoyed by the ending when we heard what revenge Dean had cooked up. And I completely agree, I can certainly see Dean doing this to protect Sam from a human threat.

I was delighted by this fic, the twists and turns and the mystery as to who was responsible for Dean's poisoning was teased out perfectly. A very entertaining and well written fic, you certainly held my attention throughout! I hope you have some more of these up your sleeve! Take care, Abbi
ncis-lady chapter 3 . 5/28/2010
Another great story, thanks for that! You know I'm always up for a bit h/c and lots of brotherly love, and this was again a really good mix of the above plus some action und fun. And I like how you used a story from the past to create an entirely new story, and yeah it does make sense that Sam might get in trouble for what he (well, Meg) has done. Glad the boys got out of it okay and I loved Dean's phone call to Eve :) Well done!
SimplyOut chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
Very good story. I enjoyed it a lot! Thanks.
SPNCruzin chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
I really liked this fanfic. It had all my favs! Long chapters, hurt Dean, brotherly banter,more hurt Dean and Sam and a touch of Bobby! Can't wait to see what you bring us next. Hope you have plot bunnies going and hear from you soon. Thanks so much hon!
adder574 chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
Interesting twist with it being the Wandells. I didn't see that coming. Thanks for posting this story, I really liked it.
Stacee Phelps chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
OMG, Scullspeare! I love all your stories and you have no idea how I squealed at the author alert I got for this story! I LOVED it and the loose end you tied up with the Wandells. I especially love the way you did it, way better than other ones I've read. LOVED every minute of this fic and can't wait for more from you!

*Stacee Phelps*
adder574 chapter 2 . 5/27/2010
I'm glad that the boys were able to take care of Reggie. I wonder if Eve and the guy are somehow responsible for Dean's condition. Good chapter
Harrigan chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
I *love* summertime when we get to revisit boys from past seasons as zine fic becomes public! As always, you really nail the dialogue, and the action, too!

I *love* fic that toys with 'loose threads from canon'.

I *love* the hurt/comfort/mystery genre!

I *love* how well you capture the boys' characters.

And I *LoveLoveLove* that you put the boys in scrubs! Squeee!
mamapranayama chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
Great story. I loved all. Wonderful writing and I hope to read more from you soon. :D
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
This was wonderful. Simply wonderful. I gulped it down like a tall glass of lemonade on a hot summer day. :-)
My heart beats only for you chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
nicely done! awesome job :D I really liked this
Marlowe97 chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
Very good! I like the idea of Wandell's family seeking revenge. And considering that maybe other brother's are as close as Dean and Sam, you can't even blame them, not really.

But as Dean said, the line is between humans and monsters, adn Eve and Frank crossed that. Thanks for the note about the counting coup. It's a very interesting concept, and Dean would certainly like to do stuff like it.
apieceofcake chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
Very nice read, thank you :-) Enjoyed muchly!
Madebyme chapter 2 . 5/27/2010
There was so much to enjoy here! All the excitement and action of the hunt, the mystery surrounding the fast deterioration of Dean's health and of course the brotherly banter and quips that you always nail so perfectly.

I really enjoyed hearing about how the boys rate their injuries with 'ow', to 'ouch' and then up to 'f*ck'! It seemed very true to their characters and something that I can really envisage them saying.

The secret crypt is such a nice twist to the tale and it really fits well with the idea of a mansion and vast amounts of space that wouldn't be missed. Not to mention it's kind of creepy and befitting of the show!

"Puts a whole new spin on skeletons in the closet" - spot on, you really capture Dean's smart mouth and quick wit here!

I'm fascinated with Eve and her mysterious father(?) Are they somehow responsible for Dean's condition? Or is it something else that's messing with Sam's 'spidey' sense? I’m looking forward to finding out and I can't tell you how much I’m enjoying this, it's certainly ticking all my boxes, I love a good old fashioned mystery! Take care, Abbi
87 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »