Reviews for Counting Coup
apieceofcake chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
Very nice read, thank you :-) Enjoyed muchly!
Madebyme chapter 2 . 5/27/2010
There was so much to enjoy here! All the excitement and action of the hunt, the mystery surrounding the fast deterioration of Dean's health and of course the brotherly banter and quips that you always nail so perfectly.

I really enjoyed hearing about how the boys rate their injuries with 'ow', to 'ouch' and then up to 'f*ck'! It seemed very true to their characters and something that I can really envisage them saying.

The secret crypt is such a nice twist to the tale and it really fits well with the idea of a mansion and vast amounts of space that wouldn't be missed. Not to mention it's kind of creepy and befitting of the show!

"Puts a whole new spin on skeletons in the closet" - spot on, you really capture Dean's smart mouth and quick wit here!

I'm fascinated with Eve and her mysterious father(?) Are they somehow responsible for Dean's condition? Or is it something else that's messing with Sam's 'spidey' sense? I’m looking forward to finding out and I can't tell you how much I’m enjoying this, it's certainly ticking all my boxes, I love a good old fashioned mystery! Take care, Abbi
deangirl1 chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
And this: Sam studied his brother carefully. "It's a two-way street, Dean. We look out for each other."

Dean was quiet for a moment. Sam was no longer the little boy their father had charged him with protecting. He was a grown man, a skilled hunter and Dean's equal in almost every way, his better in some. But the instinctive need to watch over his brother, avenge any threat against him, was hard-wired into him, and that wouldn't change no matter how big or how old Sam was.

I'm always amazed when people are surprised by where Kripke took us - I mean all the threads were there if you were paying attention. So fun to go to something a really talented writer wrote a while ago and see how tuned in to the major themes they were - so... bravo!

I adore the story of Counting Coup - I hadn't heard of that, and it totally sounds like something Dean would do! I'm counting this as a BUABS like tag - one of my all time favourite episodes - and I was always disappointed that they didn't follow up on that thread. I was thinking the same thing just re-watching DSOTM - they said there were other hunters after them - and I realize we were too close to the end for there to be another encounter, but still something I would have liked to see explored...

Loved this - thanks for sharing! And splitting and posting all at once was lovely...
adder574 chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
I love reading about a good hunt. I can totally picture the boys in my head. I wonder whats going on with Dean.
Thorny Hedge chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
This was a really enjoyable read. Eve's next attempt at revenge would sure be a fun project. (hint, hint)
Madebyme chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
Oh yeah, now that's what I call an opening chapter (or section since I guess this is technically a long one shot!) I've been looking forward to this ever since you mentioned it a good few weeks ago and boy, it really lived up to my expectations!

I loved how you jumped straight into the action and frenzy of the hospital, immediately stirring the intrigue and mystery surrounding what happened to the boys and what's plaguing Dean. Sam's worry and fear over Dean's condition was palpable and I liked how he's so involved with his brother he doesn't even notice that he's injured, willing to anything to help his brother out.

I appreciated too how you had Dean's illness here remind Sam of his electrocution, stirring up the helpfulness and fear that he felt then. I do so much relish in a side of worried and protective Sam.

The descriptions of the mansion were beautifully written, with detailed accounts of its dilapidation. This is an exciting and action packed opening, I'm completely gripped and not embarrassed to say that I can't wait for more so I'll be back as soon as I can! Catch you again soon, Abbi
hotshow chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
This was a great story - I really enjoyed reading it.

I hope you will write more - maybe from Season 1 as that was my favorite Season with a lot of hurt Sammy/comfort Dean?

Looking forward to your next story.

Thank you.
snchills chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
Great story thanks for sharing.
dreamlitnight chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
I loved this story. It was wonderful. You put all of my favorites in it... hurt Dean, protective Dean, protective Sam, angst and action and all kinds of Winchester goodness. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. It really did seem like there should have been some kind of fall-out about Sam killing another hunter. I'm glad you saw that little oversight and fixed it. lol Stupendous job!
deangirl1 chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
I'm almost embarrassed to tell you how excited I was to see you post this...

And this? "Like the proverb says, when the game's over, the king and the pawn go in the same box."

Prophetic much?
SPNsilver chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
This was awesome! It had everything - some Hurt!Dean, some brotherly love, cool banter between the boys, great scene setting and a great twist at the end. I loved the way Dean exacted revenge, I could totally see him doing that. I was only going to read one chapter and save the rest for later - but I couldn't resist, and I kept on going. Really nice work - it would make an excellent episode. I do enjoy reading your fics :-)
vampyfreak chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
Great fic, i really like the concept with the title
Maz101 chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
Thanks for this story - a really good read and so nice to be free of the traumatic arc that developed in later seasons. Just like you I've wondered at the lack of follow up on the Wandell story-line - seems perfect villain material, even though we could have sympathy. You brought that out well. Enjoyed all that brotherliness. Loved the whole "Ow,Ouch, Damn it, Fuck" scale of hurt definition - made me laugh! Thanks too for posting as one - I love a long read.
Von chapter 3 . 5/27/2010
(Laughs)

This was a fantastic read! Really enjoyable. I did like the chapters both broken up and yet avaliable to read all at once. :D

A bit surprised when Sam didn't equate 'Eve hates me Guy came looking for ME in hospital Eve tried to poison me not Dean'. Even if he just assumed she'd made a mistake or something had gone wrong.. :S

Ahh, I miss the days of uncomplicated love. :D It can't be a coincidence that they talked more back then..
89 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6