Reviews for Life Made of Cards
angstea chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
One word: perfect.

I loved The Joker Blogs! Stumbled upon them late one night, became intrigues with the storyline and Scott McClure's incredible Joker, and the next day I watched the entire series from the pilot to the mind blowing end!

Congrats on weaving such a wonderful metaphor from just that one discussion of Joker's in BRB (Be Right Back?).

Impressive. Most impressive.

XD,
Meg
UnravellingThread chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
One of my favorite episodes! Great job! I love the Joker blogs. X3
Thursday chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Excellent! This was very well written, and a really interesting metaphor. I loved it!
KitCat Italica chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
This was beautiful, and a true delight. There is not any one part that stands out to me (for those parts I usually point out and quote in my reviews) because all of it was so. Frickin. Awesome.

I still am trying to get over this. This perfectly-executed analogy will not leave my mind for a long while. Words cannot express how highly I think of this. So thank you for sharing this.

LOVED IT.

~KitCat
kriitikko chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
Hmm, it seems I have seriously underestimated just how much of the Joker Blogs fan you are XP

Okay, this was pretty good, I have to say. Abstract in its own way, but still easily followable (is that even a word?) and not as confusing as the first glance may give. You obviosly had fun with this, it shows in your choosing of words and your narration.

Good one.
Night Monkey chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
You've done the Joker Blogs proud. Good show. Truly, this is a wonderful partner to the Joker's card tricks in 'BRB'. You've fleshed out the Ace, King, Queen and of course the Joker perfectly. The descriptions for each and their correspondence to their TDK characters are a thing of abstract beauty.

I am especially fond of the ending. It's quite ominous. The Joker, it seems, is about ready to make his escape and bring his chaos raining down upon all the other cards. Even when personified as a card, he's creepy and evil and marvelous. He's certainly my favorite card in the deck.
Rebel Sympathizer chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
It's not exactly the most original idea, as I've seen Batman characters presented as a cards somewhere else, but you managed to make it original.

I like abstracts and maybe that's why I liked your story and decided to comment. And I like that you used words associated with cards instead of 'human' words.
Kaya Nah chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
This is different! But I enjoyed it! :)

It's good to have you back, missed your writing a lot!

Kaya