Reviews for Home is a Front
Guest chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
The California actually took three days to sink, so it is unlikely Pug would have wound up in the water on December 7. 100 members of her crew were killed, though. The novel makes a point of noting that one reason California and the other battleships that sank had their hatches clipped open for an uncoming inspection. Pug speculates taht if the captain he was relieving had set condition Z or even Y (two conditions of increased watertight integrety) before dawn, a reasonable precaution given all the war warnings, he could have been handing over a fighting ship and have had a clear career path to CNO. If Pug had been in command by that morning...
Dan Sickles chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
So great to see that other people remember this landmark television event! You did a great job capturing Pug and his family, too. Wish we could see a little more of the story, like Pug with Pamela in Moscow or London!
BeshterAngelus chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
BRILLIANT! Do you know how much I love these two stories? I watched the both the miniseries when I was a kid, (the first on tape as I was WAY to young to see it live.) I actually own both now on DVD, and have read both books. I'm so glad someone has put up fic for them. This chapter caught my attention. I'm looking forward to reading the rest.