Reviews for Not Mine: A Tale of Sokka
Randomficreader chapter 1 . 2/21/2016
Absolutely loved it. Very nice portrayal of Sokka, made for an exciting and amusing story.
I really liked how you mixed up the story telling between the actual events and the reselling. This can actually be quite difficult to achieve, but you did it very well.
Nice job.
Data Seeker chapter 1 . 8/4/2015
Hi

Nice little fic. Not my favorite, but still a good story.

The basic plot with the swamp benders telling a story about Sokka was good and well written.

The wholesome standards are high.

The language is clean, except for a word in the summary.
Nothing is suggestively offensive.
No extreme violence or any other vile content.

I hope this review brightens your day. God bless

Data Seeker
Guest chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
Yay!

There's not enough badass Sokka stories out there. Great job!
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Loved it
Karinta chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
BADASS!
Lunatique chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
That was epic! I like how Sokka has conflicts and doubts while projecting such a confident image, His sense of humor and propensity for planning shine, making it all too easy to see how he'd become such a legend.

Post-war developments including trade and former soldiers turning pirate were great, and those three words - Kiyoshi Warrior Marines - were enough to strike awe and fear into my heart. Double badass points for pulling off couple badassery, including the Girlfriend Berserk Button.

I can definitely see the development in your writing of action scenes, as you have better focus and keep the scene moving. I liked the way the two accounts overlapped with and complemented each other, creating subtle tensions in the narrative between Sokka as he was and Sokka as he was seen while filling in the gaps. And LOL the meta about not needing Sokka's side of things on how he rescued Suki.

Pukiq's telling at points like "caught between our fierceness" or "powered by generations of..." got a little too formal, like he was writing rather than speaking, even with the premise that he was trained to tell stories. Other places, like "we weren't going to let them have all the fun" or "scary efficiency" worked well as verbal telling.

Overall, awesome story about an awesome character who did amazing things in the post-war world. Good job!
34A7B chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
This story gave sokka the respect he should get! Awsome job!
Fayari chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
This. Was. TOTALLY WICKED! Badassery, thy name is Sokka!
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
Oh yeah, this is utterly in charactger and utterly awesome! Faves!
Waterbender111 chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Wow this story was amazing. I loved how you did the story tell mode and what actually happened. This was pure genius, you captured Sokka's personality perfectly. I really am speechless... Great job and keep up the great work!
RakeeshJ4 chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Hysterical! Thanks very kindly for sharing, Loopy777. I think you really nailed Sokka's 'voice', but out loud and in his thoughts. Enjoyable job on the Swampbenders, too. Plenty of folks try for the zany humor Sokka has, but not many I've ever read nail it as enjoyably as you.

A rock-solid one-shot, perfectly fitting the categories of adventure/humor. Unfortunately it's good enough that I can't think of anything helpful to criticise, except perhaps 'NOT MY SUKI!' is a bit of a dumb line. Perhaps Sokka would regret not saying it cooler, or something, even if he doesn't regret the sentiment?
DreamSprite chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
I loved this so much! Very nice job.
Omoni chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
It's quite ridiculous how much I find myself loving this fic, but I do. It's one of the most realistic and fantastic post-war fics featuring Sokka (and a cameo of Suki) that I've ever read. (And where have I seen Lu before? He's oddly familiar...)

Loved it. Totally loved it.
Magus1108 chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
An interesting and very humorous story involving Sokka. Great job! I loved it. Keep up the great work!
TheBlueFoxtrot A Samba chapter 1 . 5/28/2010