Reviews for Dreaming of the Time We Were Free
hogan macgyver chapter 3 . 5/14/2011
Newkirk's emotions were very understandable and well captured. I'm glad he had a change of heart and decided that he was more of a help there than anywhere else. I could certainly hear the guys voices in my head especially Newkirk's and LeBeau's. I really liked the ending with our favorite Cockney going on with the list for his breakfast. Excellent story with great characterization and plot that flows well.
Marie1964 chapter 3 . 8/26/2010
I enjoyed the way you wrapped everything up in this chapter. I'm glad to see that Newkirk realizes that he can still help Mavis by helping his fellow countrymen get back home to London, and to continue fighting the good fight.
Marie1964 chapter 2 . 8/25/2010
You know that Newkirk was probably going to say "I've got [a sister at 'ome to watch out for]" before he was cut off.

Looking forward to seeing what makes Newkirk have the change of heart, and come back to Stalag 13. Hopefully it won't be because he was captured by the patrols!
Marie1964 chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
I think you've captured Newkirk's emotions about the mission superbly. It does strike me that he would be hesitant, and might try to use it as an opportunity to get back to London. Perhaps LeBeau will talk him out of it, or we know that something else happens to make him change his mind.
shining-maze chapter 3 . 6/18/2010
I like this story, you write really well, much better than me. Although I can't English really well the story isn't very hard to read.

So I thank you for a great story 'bout our guys form Stalag 13 ;)
Cerberus chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
Amazing story!

I cant English really well and I don't like to read in this language but for this story I've made it and I'm habby about this decision.

The story is great, short and not really hard to understand. Just great!
Deana chapter 3 . 6/3/2010
Great last chapter to a great story! I'm so glad that Newkirk made the right decision! ;)

I totally forgot about those code names! Thanks for reminding us other authors!
El Gringo Loco chapter 3 . 6/3/2010
Chapter 1-3 An interesting pre-series story with great character development. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Simone Lyon chapter 3 . 6/3/2010
Short and sweet. It was well-written and I especially liked how you did all the conversations with LeBeau and Newkirk. Whether they were arguing or working things out, it was very characteristic of them.
ColHogan chapter 3 . 6/3/2010
Glad to see Newkirk is safe. In the infirmary, the reason he gave for wanting to leave, I thought it was something along those lines. But after he had a chance to think about things, and after hearing that gunshot,I knew he would make the right decision. This was a great story and very well told.
Sierra Sutherwinds chapter 3 . 6/3/2010
Lovely story, and suitable ending. I can picture every character just the way they are. I love Newkirk's adventure, he's so courageous and generous putting the good of everyone else before his. Can't wait to see what you have next for us :)
Bits And Pieces chapter 3 . 6/3/2010
Very nice ending! The reason Newkirk wanted to go home...I had a feeling it was something like that. And of course, I wasn't surprised to see him have a change of heart; I think all he needed was some time to think it over. The action scene was suspenseful; I think I even winced once or twice while reading it! And I could just see the amused look on LeBeau's face when Newkirk was rattling off that list for him at the end! LOL This was a great story, and I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing!
LuckyLadybug chapter 3 . 6/3/2010
This is a very exciting conclusion! I love the tension and the descriptions of what happened that night. Newkirk meeting the contact and going back after hearing the shot was very powerful. I love how later on Hogan pieces together what happened and realizes how much help Newkirk really was.

The line of Newkirk not having seen a woman for two years was very poignant and sad. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I love when Hogan pops up to give the sergeant's name and Klink absently thanks him. LOL. I also liked the mention of Klink understanding that they were all worried about Newkirk, despite his frustration at being overwhelmed by them.

And the ending was great. I like what you gave as Newkirk's reason for trying so hard to leave, and what he ended up thinking there in the infirmary.

And of course, you can never go wrong with potatoes.
Kirarakim chapter 3 . 6/3/2010
I really enjoyed this little side flashback. The moment when Newkirk gave up his chance to escape to help the others was great. I am sorry he got shot but I am sure Lebeau & the others will look after him.

And I figured he wanted to escape because of Mavis but I think he is right by staying on he may able to do more good for her in the end. :)
dust on the wind chapter 2 . 6/1/2010
I'm enjoying this. It reads very well; the flow is perfectly natural, your use of language is exemplary :). Very good character definition; and even though, really, I know he's not going, there's still a sense of will-he-or-won't he? I will be looking forward to the next chapter.