Reviews for Face, Voice, Hands
ohmygodagiantrock chapter 8 . 8/5/2015
I've followed this line of stories for a while, starting with KP duty and now I'm finally working back around to Impressions. I've loved this little universe you've created, and yet managed to stay practically canon. A tough feat. I thought, though, that this chapter took things in a bizarre direction. I could really do without the odd back story thrown in here and in snippets in later pieces of this arc. I feel like it could have been done a little simpler, a little less bizarre than involving savages. (I'd like to be more specific but I'm trying to obey the request to avoid spoilers.) If there's a reason why you chose the path you did, I'd love to hear it.

I really, really love this set of stories you've written, and your style and professionalism has put you onto my favorites list, but every time the "savages" detail came up I just sort of cringed. But on a more positive note, for someone who really can't stomach almost any puppyshipping story, you've managed to mesh this friendship/relationship thing in with canon so well that I can actually see it fit. I really found myself kind of rooting for the two. This has been some really fantastic writing. Thanks so much for sharing with the world.
Sleeping Owl chapter 1 . 1/22/2015
I've read and reviewed your work before I believe, and I'm glad to see more! Keeping the "he" ambiguous is very clever; it implies there is a sense of collectiveness between them; that they are both Jou's friends and possibly Kaiba's friends as well. The length of this chapter was also suitable, like a trailer for a movie in a sense. Not long at all, but enough to hook the readers into the stroy and picque their curiosity by introducing them to the plot (or in this case, the plot device-like thing or whatever the event that initiates the plot is called).
Guest chapter 8 . 7/1/2013
This was very well written. I enjoyed reading it immensely so thank you for sharing your fic with us.
decade of kaijou chapter 3 . 7/1/2013
this is really well written. I usually wait to till I finish but this chapter was particularly good so I thought I'd review early.
Katsuya feels more mature but still in character, which is exactly what he should be. Seto still feels like Seto, despite or possibly because of the circumstance. I like Noroshi, I like the small details through out the fic, I like the overall tone.
dancing elf chapter 8 . 3/24/2011
a good drama
Jonouchi Katsuya chapter 8 . 12/30/2010
It is a strange feeling when you come to the realization that even though you thought you read something... you didn't. I realized that at chapter four. I know I read chapters one and two before... but three I became unsure and by four I knew. I don't know why I stopped reading in the middle. Did you not have all the chapters of this up that day? Was I intirupted (I will keep my spelling natural)? Or was it because I felt guilty about not reading KP Duty because I was a bit squeemish of not only the content but more over... a character that has always creeped me out? No matter, I finally finished this one.

Like chicken noodle soup, this fic made me feel better on one of my sickest of days. I am hardly ever sick and when I am, I get hit hard. And today, lets just say, you can probably guess what I was doing on the breaks I took in the middle of reading this on my DSi. I wasn't even healthy enough to read this on the computer like a normal person.

Most authors can't hold my attention worth a damn. But as always, this fic, didn't disappoint more, just raised the standards I put on not only others, but myself. I don't know why you are always so hard/down on yourself about characterization and canon and whatnot, because I think, your fics are beautifully characterized and feel one with my perceptions of behind the scenes Yugioh. Especially... this one. Of course I think I would sad that about the majority of your stories.

Things that stood out? Well there were a lot of things. The pleated pants. I was disgusted yet intrigued. I don't know why Kaiba in the tiny room on a twin bed much like my own didn't surpise me, but... the pleated pants did. I have always hated them. When my dad used to wear them, I was such a fashion Nazi that I told him to go shopping for new pants. He still hasn't after all these years, yet, his pleated pants are still in good shape. You can tell they are old, but they are still wearable by penny pincher standards. It added qualities to Kaiba that made me sad. But I guess it is kinda like keeping Gozaburo's name. Why? Self inflicted torture is all I can come up with.

Characterization of Jounouchi was as lovely as I remember (not that it was that long since the last time I have read it, still must read your Jou, Mai, Varon fic btw). I actually thought about thanking the person you credited with helping with Jounouchi's speech patterns. I never get them quite right and everyone does them different. I never find the way you write his speech to be annoying or stupid. I love how you never make him stupid. I love how you don't think he is stupid, just Kaiba does or sometimes acts like he does- but in this story... I love how you made it in the friend way. And yes there is a friend way to call someone stupid... and it came off just right.

I loved your characterization of the crew. :P Anzu in particular. You probably don't get that one often. But I loved her in this story. And Honda was beyond hilarious... and Yugi- sounded like Yugi. *thumbs up*

I loved Kaiba's generosity and the way he went about it in this fic. Most people don't have him be generous and act like he doesn't have a good bone in his body... when he does. I am glad that we both know this. I am happy that you write him stand offish and not well... how everyone else seems to write him when they try to hard to have him in character, and it becomes... a mangled charicature (whatever) of him... rather than what is really him.

I think the most important thing about this story is that... once again, I could escape at a time I really needed to escape. I could allow myself not to be bouncing around doing chores. This fic didn't make me want to OMG I got to right now- if you know what I mean, it made me feel content, a calm swept over me, and my emotions didn't run too high or too low. I felt level. I felt myself just be carried... carried over into a happier but calm place. I could meditate this fic. My body remained calm like it needed to on a sick day.

Thank you for writing this. I hardly have these feelings of calm, happiness and content with the world. Thank you.

With love for your words,

Joey Kaiba.
Nekocin chapter 3 . 11/19/2010
ASDFGHKL I'm taking Jounouchi's theory about those two items in the cabinet at face value with a pint of salt. So maybe Kaiba was expecting him to come back right after that disastruous (sp?) incident about their kiss and confessions. T_T Anyway... I love your Jounouchi. He's so centered and mature.
Nekocin chapter 2 . 11/19/2010
I... I see, now how is Jounouchi going to comfort Kaiba now that he's at his weakest. It's kind of weird to see that Kaiba didn't even acknowledge or know (maybe?) about Jounouchi accompanying him to his house. But I guess he's way, way, way out of it. Poor Kaiba.
Nekocin chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
... I think I remember stalking you for Saint Seiya fics back in lj. D: And I was really shocked to see you writing YGO and writing my favorite shipping pair! Anyway, so far the fic was really sad. In just one chapter a lot of things were said. About Mokuba's death, about the mourning anniversaries Yuugi and his friends attended in order to support Kaiba, Kaiba as an invalid (or is he?)... :cries: I'll go right to the second chapter.
Hailie Kingsley chapter 8 . 11/7/2010
Hello~

I've just finished reading through this story and its prequels. This is such a great story, I can't say how much I love it. You captured the characters so perfectly. There are quite a number of fanfictions out there were Seto was abused by either Gozaburo or Pegasus but they all are too dramatic or unrealistic or dark or whatever, but I think yours has just the right amount of romance, drama and h/c without making Seto or Jou ooc! And that they've gone years without actually having sex adds to the realistic feel.

This is really one of the best stories I've read in this fandom. Thank you so much for writing it!
lilystar6 chapter 8 . 10/5/2010
that was GOOD
Tifa Strifeheart chapter 8 . 10/1/2010
Whatever are you talking about. this story proves that mushy is good. I love this fic and it is defiantly going onto my fav list ()
Tifa Strifeheart chapter 8 . 9/30/2010
SetoKaibaGirl chapter 8 . 9/21/2010
I LOVED this story it was AMAZING! i love kaibaxjoey and u made the story so well it didnt move to fast like alot of other stories but it was exciting toand didnt move to slow you are a great writer so needless to say ill have to read the rest of your stories i already read the begining and second part of this one please keep writing!
sunset234 chapter 8 . 9/13/2010
loved this story to pieces:)
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »