Reviews for Emma's Excellent Adventures in London
rbs89 chapter 15 . 6/24/2010
I really enjoyed your story. It was well written, and the characters rang true to Jane Austen. I saw some potential for mr woodhouse and mrs Winthrop which I was a bit disappointed to not see develop.

I have to say that Emma is fast becoming my favorite Austen novel! (who can't help but love mr knightley?)
katynhll chapter 15 . 6/24/2010
awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome.
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 15 . 6/23/2010
*dies of happiness* I can't tell you how happy I was, first to see the alert in my inbox, and then when I saw how long it was...!

I sat and read it all in one go, and then promptly did a happy dance. This was absolutely perfect - I loved every moment of it, from Emma and Mr. Knightley's banter, to her attempts to call him George, to the obvious sparks between them.

Plus I loved the part Lord Byron has played throughout this story - your imagining of his character is very true to his character in the BBC series with JLM, and I find him magnetic and yet repulsive at the same time just as I should - brilliantly done! His amusement in shocking and angering Emma seemed really in-character, as did the voyeurism at the end - although I must say I felt like a bit of a voyeur too, being privy to such a passionate embrace. I giggled at Lord Byron's hopes that the couple were having an adulterous affair - it seemed just like something he would wish!

I love Mr. Knightley's confidence at the end; his total lack of embarrassment at being seen kissing Emma like that seems to scream at Lord Byron to back off (almost as if he's marking his territory or something), and regressive as this probably is, I found the hint of possessiveness very attractive.

I have loved this story so much from start to finish, and I'm really sad that it's over. Do you have any more Emma fic waiting in the wings? I really, really hope so - you write it so well, and it's clear you really love this couple (as do I!). There needs to be more Regency (or any!) Emma fanfic out there, and I'd love to read more from you!

*I'll now end this ridiculously long review*
iambbq chapter 14 . 6/19/2010
Thank you for a wonderful Emma story! I can’t believe this is the last chapter! I wonder if Mrs. Winthrop would have said something or urged George to make the announcement of his engagement with Emma, would it change how George perceived Emma’s affection for him? I have said it many times before, I don’t want this story to end...but it is to be so!

I hope (beg!) that you would write more Emma stories. I love all your other Emma fictions and you do an amazing job in depicting their friendship and feelings for each other. Now that Mr. Knightley’s love for Emma was revealed to himself, would you consider writing about him revealing to Emma? I would love, love, LOVE to see how you’d depict what he went through internally at and after the Box Hill event, his stay in London and finally his proposal to Emma (since you have depicted him being so sure that Emma would not return his affection and I’d love to find out what propelled him to propose to Emma?) With all the misunderstanding and heartache that they went through in the book, it would be lovely to see the sweetness they must have experienced after the proposal and through the wedding. Well…I would love to read any Emma stories you’re wanting to write! Thank you again for sharing your writing and I look forward to the epilogue!
c chapter 14 . 6/19/2010
I liked the hole story very much. Thanbks for sharing it with us.
iambbq chapter 13 . 6/18/2010
Please, please, please don't end this story! My heart sank when I saw that this would be the second to the last chapter! I LOVE this story so, so much! It was wonderful seeing Mr. Knightley’s heart revealed in this story, particularly this chapter. I love the references to Sojourn at Donwell, you had laid a beautiful foundation there for the revelation of his love for Emma and continued seamlessly through this story! Absolutely marvelous!

“In that moment, he wanted more than anything to wrap her in his arms and kiss her tender lips until they were swollen with his passion and she was breathless but begged for more, and then tell her how much he needed her and that her love and approval were the most important things in his life. But he could not. He knew that she did not return those feelings.” I wish he’d stop being a perfect gentleman for a moment and just follow his wishes! And I wish Emma would just wrap him in her arms and give him the encouragement that he needed! Sigh! Why does this story has to end…! I know there’s one more chapter and an epilogue will be coming…but I just don’t want it to end! :(
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 14 . 6/18/2010
No, no, no, I don't want it to be over! Sigh... I am looking forward to the epilogue though. Hmm, yes, I would like to see more of Lord Byron (and of course 'Hmm, yes' in a story epic win).

Can't wait for the epilogue, and I hope you'll write much more Emma fic. Much as I love this story and 'Sojourn at Donwell', could I please request a story in which both of them have acknowledged their feelings, at least to themselves? I'd especially love to read something set after their wedding - maybe their first argument and how it's resolved, or a day in their lives when they're parents? You don't have to, but I really love your writing style, and the way you really bring out the long-standing and deep friendship and affection between Emma and Mr. Knightley.
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 13 . 6/18/2010
Wonderful, amazing chapter! Good thing Mrs. Chesterfield accepted his rejection so easily, and do I detect a hint of her matchmaking him with Emma, when she sent Emma to the library to find him?

I feel like slapping Emma for not realising her feelings for him, and I feel like slapping Mr. Knightley for remaining convinced she only sees him as a brother figure. If he would only take the plunge and confess his love, it would no doubt make her realise her own! Grrr...

I will rush off to read the next chapter now (although I'm sad it's the last except the epilogue)!
millernumber1 chapter 12 . 6/15/2010
Arg! I wants them to marry! Well done, though. The fact that the story creates so much investment is a very nice achievment.
millernumber1 chapter 11 . 6/15/2010
Shades of the Kate Beckinsale Emma, with a dream-sequence awakening Emma to her love for Mr. Knightley! Very nicely done - and I do like to see Emma in love with some doubt of a return. She is so noble and loveable when she does that, whether in the book or in well-done fanfic, as found here.
PINKmarshmallowXOXO chapter 12 . 6/15/2010
Great as always :)
c chapter 12 . 6/15/2010
Loved the two chapters!

I like that you have misunderstandings even in an different story and setting. Although it is interesting that Emma does not seem to realize how madly in love she is with Mr. Knightley while being jealous fo Mrs. Chesterfield (who is positively dreadful by the way).

That is especially sad as Mr. Knightley thinks so highly of her already.

Curious for more. (Especially how Mr. Knightley will manage the awkward talk with Mrs. C)
toffeema chapter 12 . 6/15/2010
Awww, I LOVE this story! Such a fresh twist on the Emma story! And they actually talk and try to clear up misunderstandings in your story! lol. Please continue! :)
iambbq chapter 12 . 6/14/2010
I don’t even know where to begin…I infinitely LOVE this story, I LOVE every single chapter so far, and this chapter is my absolute favorite! I’m so grateful that you made a reference to Sojourn at Donwell, which is another one of my favorite Emma stories! In Sojourn at Donwell, Mr. Knightley started to discover his feelings for Emma but set it aside at the end of the story…I’m so glad that this chapter picked up where he left off! I am beyond excited to see that he finally admitted to himself that he was in love with Emma! The timing of his realization, I feel, worked with the book’s. I imagine the mention of Frank Churchill should start to surface not long after their return to Hartfield. Oh, how I wish you would continue with the story after they left London! But for now, I’ll continue to savor this story and hope that you still have much more to write about before it reaches the end! Please update very, very soon! :)
iambbq chapter 11 . 6/14/2010
Oh, what a lovely chapter! Lovely because it's just so Emma, to misunderstand Mrs. Winthrop’s conversation with her visitor, to think that they were speaking of Mr. Knightley marrying Mrs. Chesterfield when it was Mr. Knightley and herself the object of the conversation! I really appreciate how distraught you had portrayed Emma to be…this made perfect sense because of her love (unknown to herself yet) to Mr. Knightley. It would have been so wonderful if she would search deeper into her feelings and realize that she’s in love with him…but then this would end the story! I LOVE this story…moving on to the next chapter!
93 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »