Reviews for Emma's Excellent Adventures in London
storyfan45 chapter 12 . 6/14/2010
WooHoo! You updated! I LOVE this story. It captivates me, almost as if I'm reading a novel. Thank you!
indianpipe chapter 12 . 6/14/2010
loved it all. I almost cried with emma. Knightley is so so so Knightley...love the nose blow at the end. This whole fic just sparkles...it is very special. Thank you.
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 12 . 6/14/2010
Aw, how lovely! For some reason I found it incredibly sweet that she's comfortable enough to blow her nose in front of him - don't know what that says about me, LOL...

I feel like yelling at Mr. Knightley right now - good grief, Emma's literally in tears at the thought that he'll marry someone else, and he keeps his feelings to himself because he thinks he has no chance? I really, really don't want to think about all the angst and grief and misunderstanding they'll have to continue to plough through when the events of the novel take place.

I'm interested to see where you take this, but I hope Mrs. Chesterfield doesn't have any nasty plans which will make Mr. Knightley bound in honour to her or something. In fact, I hope Mrs. Chesterfield has a fling with and then gets dumped by Lord Byron - that would teach her that she can't get EVERYONE to fall in love with her. Well, something suitably nasty should happen to her, anyway.

And I can't wait to see Mrs. Winthrop's reaction when Mr. Knightley asks her if she thought he was marrying Mrs. Chesterfield. Please update soon!
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 11 . 6/14/2010
LOL! I did have a heart attack at the chapter title, but I was heartened by the title of the next one. I adore Emma in this chapter - her cluelessness is so endearing, and I giggled at poor Mr. Knightley's bewilderment at her feeling so upset. And I'm guessing the conversation she overheard was Mrs. Winthrop and her friend speculating about Mr. Knightley and Emma herself?

Gorgeous chapter - although I don't know if it's entirely realistic that this amount of jealousy WOULDN'T wake Emma up about her feelings - after all, 'hers was a mind which, once opened up to suspicion, made rapid progress'.

Off to read the next chapter right away!
PINKmarshmallowXOXO chapter 10 . 6/11/2010
Really good chapter as always! I hate Mrs Chesterfield I really hope she gets publically rejected by Mr Knightley or something else equally humiliating happens to her. I also hope Byron makes another cameo coz I quite like him but not as much as Mr Knightley of course! It's funny how pretty much everyone thinks Emma & Mr Knightley are involved romantically/married apart from them. The only thing confuses me is why does Mr Knightley's aunt speak so highly of Mrs Chesterfield in front of Emma? I thought she wanted Mr Knightley & Emma to get together surely she would know that what she was saying would make Emma jealous? Plus Mrs Chesterfield is horrible why would anyone sane praise her! Apart from that awesome chapter please update ASAP :)
millernumber1 chapter 10 . 6/11/2010
Very fun - I agree with Emma that Vingt et un is not very enjoyable, though I don't share her skill. The whist scene is enormous fun, especially seeing Emma putting George and John in their place - bravo!
batzmaru347 chapter 10 . 6/10/2010
Mrs. Chesterfield reminds me of Blanche Ingram from "Jane Eyre"...such a wicked woman.
iambbq chapter 10 . 6/10/2010
Another wonderful chapter! I really hate that Mrs. Chesterfield...she's right up there with Mrs. Elton for winning the prize of vulgarity. In fact, she's worst than Mrs. Elton! I can't stand her! (That is congratulation on successfully creating this character! :))

Again, I love the smart and witty Emma!

Love all of these: "...my little heart", "...would always rather be your partner", "...she is very pretty...but she is not my 'pet'", "...I think that is not fair assessment...I heard what Emma said about that game in response to your very own comments, and I could not agree more with her views" and "...Mr. Knightley had become quite annoyed by now, but he kept his voice even"!

Thank you for posting these two GREAT chapters today...I hope the next update will be very very soon...CAN'T WAIT!
iambbq chapter 9 . 6/10/2010
I LOVE THIS STORY! You have been doing an amazing job with everything...from the writing and the plot of each chapter, to the truthfulness of the characters and even the notes and trivia are lovely! This chapter is marvelous…

I love how you portrayed Emma's cleverness and willfulness through her conversations with Lord Byron and Mr. Knightley. I also love how you showed Emma's good-hearted nature through her apology to Mr. Knightley. Asking Mr. Knightley to make a note of her apology in his ledger was priceless! :)

As much as a scoundrel Lord Byron was, I'm thrill to see that he saw Mr. Knightley as Emma's "jealous lover" (Sigh!) Only if Mr. Knightley and Emma could see it!
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 10 . 6/10/2010
My God, Mrs. Chesterfield really is awful - I was just as disgusted as Emma and Isabella at her comments about jewels and snagging a new husband, and the master of Donwell Abbey. And in her over-familiarity to Mr. Knightley, she's acting like Mrs. Elton! In Emma's own words: 'she really is insufferable!'

Loved that Emma and Mr. Knightley think alike on card games as well, and I loved the possible double meaning of Mr. Knightley being brought to his knees by Emma's little heart, and how he would always rather be her partner - very cleverly done. And is it bad that when Emma had an impulse to jump up and kiss him, I wished she would have done it? LOL...

I feel bad for Emma, mistaking Mr. Knightley's motive for dancing with Mrs. Chesterfield, and I feel worse for poor Mr. Knightley for being practically backed into a corner and forced to ask her.

And now, as always, I am sad to have reached the end of today's posts, and really hope you update soon!
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 9 . 6/10/2010
I love this chapter - so now Lord Byron is added to the list of people who assumed Emma and Mr. Knightley were married! And good thing you added that explanation about the meaning of the term 'making love', or people might have thought Isabella was exaggerating just a little, LOL.

Speaking of Isabella - good on her for giving Emma the sound perspective she needed on just how much Mr. Knightley does for her, and for making Emma realise that how she's treating him is wrong. And I love how every feature of Lord Byron's is compared against Mr. Knightley's and just doesn't quite measure up - I wonder why that is? ;-)

And now, speaking of Lord Byron - the conversation between him and Emma was PERFECT. And the little bits from his POV which revealed just how DIShonourable his intentions were made it that much more menacing. Although I'm glad Emma, while flattered, was sensible enough never to be taken in and fooled into believing he felt anything genuine for her. Btw, it's funny how Lord Byron sees in Mr. Knightley's behaviour a jealous lover, whereas Isabella sees a protective older brother - it's perhaps a combination of both?

I love Emma's heartfelt apology, and I'm glad that Mr. Knightley - after letting her stew a bit - accepted it so graciously, and that they're friends again.

So, basically - I loved it, from start to finish. Off to read the next chapter!
c chapter 10 . 6/10/2010
enjoyed the last 2 chapters immensly!
sdmaurexcite.com chapter 10 . 6/10/2010
Really fun. Love all the banter and the 'little heart' Emma is so genuine and sparkling, you have captured that here. So glad Mr. Knightley overheard the whist conversation and took Emma's side. I am loving this.
kcat1971 chapter 8 . 6/9/2010
Delightful. I'm looking forward to reading more.
millernumber1 chapter 8 . 6/8/2010
Sweet - I do like some Emma/Mr. Knightley sitting or walking and talking.
93 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »