Reviews for Emma's Excellent Adventures in London
millernumber1 chapter 7 . 6/8/2010
Hmmm...the puns don't really work for me (I'm more along the lines of "rears and vices" - not homophonous distortions, but multiple meanings - but perhaps I'm overthinking it). But I'm very intrigued where the "old flame" is going.
c chapter 8 . 6/8/2010
I like how you show how they are kinda on the same wavelenght. And their bantering is really enjoyable!
batzmaru347 chapter 8 . 6/7/2010
I'm really enjoying this story. I really like the easy banter between Emma and Mr. Knightley. Hope Mrs. Chesterfield won't be up to no good..
cherrycherrybomb chapter 8 . 6/7/2010
These two chapters were great! I get the feeling that this Mrs. Chesterfield is going to be trouble - is she going to try to get Mr. Knightley back? Unless she's just a needless flatterer, why else would she have gone out of her way to get some conversation points from Emma? I love your little historical tidbits, too. Thanks for the compelling story - keep the chapters coming! :)
storyfan45 chapter 8 . 6/7/2010
I love this story! The history that you've added to each chapter is fascinating. Thanks for updating! More soon, please!
indianpipe chapter 8 . 6/7/2010
cute.
indianpipe chapter 7 . 6/7/2010
good details about Mr. Knightley. I like very much how your fleshing out his character. I am also enjoying your historical details. well done.
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 8 . 6/6/2010
Love it - they truly are equals, not just in social standing, but also intellectually and emotionally. I love their jokey recounting of what they miss about each other when they're away from each other - using humour to hide the depth of their feelings. ;-)

Also, I forgot to mention, in the previous review - I laughed out loud at the horrible puns the Knightley brothers made. They were so bad they were good. Total dad-jokes, those ones - and I found it unaccountably adorable that the two Mr. Knightleys can be so goofy.

Eagerly looking forward to the update as always!
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 7 . 6/6/2010
Poor Emma, having to try and ward off Mr Tuttle and feeling the first pangs of jealousy at Mrs Chesterfield's attentions to Mr. Knightley. I love how concerned she is for his feelings, and how she's so furious on his behalf.

And I get the feeling that the comment 'Miss Woodhouse, never marry a man who is too old' will return to haunt Mr. Knightley.

Loving this so far - am off to read the next chapter!
iambbq chapter 8 . 6/6/2010
Really love the great length you took in depicting Emma and Mr. Knightley's friendship. It sets the stage for their deep love for each other, which makes for a wonderful Emma prequel! I'm very much looking forward to the next update...I'm expecting interesting things happening at the symphony...will Lord Byron be back in the story soon? :)
iambbq chapter 7 . 6/6/2010
Love this chapter! The whole "cow" story was hilarious and Emma was precious! :) I'm so glad Mr. Knightley's so indifferent about Mrs. Chesterfield...she didn't deserve him! And how could Mr. Knightley (or anyone) not love Emma! She was full of kindness and sincerity! Thank you for another lovely chapter!
katynhll chapter 8 . 6/6/2010
I have enjoy every chapter. Loved the moo from chapter 7. I have also been enjoying the research you must have done for your fun facts. Thank you so much for the terrific story and fun updates.
glc chapter 6 . 6/4/2010
This is an amazing story and a really rich and interesting alternate universe that you have created for these characters.

I love the emotional connection you have created - the story is really well written and well paced. Love how you give us the real facts on almacks but then twist them slightly for your story.

Really enjoyable - really looking forward to more!
iambbq chapter 6 . 6/3/2010
Another great chapter! It's funny how everyone around Emma and Mr. Knightley thought that they were made for each other, that is except for Mr. Woodhouse of course, but yet they were so blinded to the obvious! Your story made my day!:) Thank you for your generosity of the double chapters and frequent updates...but one could never get enough of Emma and Mr. Knightley...please update very, very, very soon!
iambbq chapter 5 . 6/3/2010
I'm truly in love with your story! Even though I've always believed (and hoped) that Emma was Mr. Knightley's first and only love, the past that you've given him made him so much more human. I adore your Emma! While Ms. Austen gave us an Emma that some might find meddling and repulsive (not me though, I love Emma from the beginning to the end of the book), your Emma is kind hearted, witty, innocent, pure and endearing! I also love the scene where "he gently placed it across her back and wrapped it around her shoulders from behind. The garment had a wonderful scent about it, causing Emma to instinctively close her eyes and take a deep breath..." I love the subtle intimacy...very very romantic! But how you teased us...for we know it's still a long way before the two of them come to realize their love for each other! Lovely story!
93 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »