Reviews for Emma's Excellent Adventures in London
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 6 . 6/3/2010
I had to laugh at yet another person mistaking them for a married couple. But really, when Mr. Knightley is calling her 'dear Emma' and she is complimenting his eyes, what do they expect? I loved their banter over the shopping - really cute.

Really curious to know how they will eventually get together - please post more soon!
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 5 . 6/3/2010
So many things to say about this chapter! I am one of those who prefer not to think about the idea that Mr. Knightley could have loved anyone else before Emma, but the way you've executed it is wonderful. I really like that Mr. Knightley trusted her enough to share his story with her - and also, Emma's incredulity and indignation that anyone could dump Mr. Knightley for someone else was utterly endearing.

I love how Mr. Knightley and Emma both find it totally acceptable to venture out onto the terrace alone together, and how they see no impropriety because it's 'just them'. And even if Mr. Knightley didn't keep her warm with an arm around her (as part of the 'game'), I'm glad he gave her his coat. And although for a moment I hoped for a kiss at the 'bewitching hour', perhaps it's for the best that it's been delayed a little.

Right - now off to read the next chapter!
indianpipe chapter 5 . 6/3/2010
You have come into your own with this chapter. Really great. I love the snapdragon stuff and the images evoked of Mr. Knightley away on his Grand tour and having to hear the news of his father and then it taking a long while for him to get back...you're taking us along now...I think that is really good writing...just enough to thread the mind through its own images.
cherrycherrybomb chapter 4 . 6/2/2010
I am loving this story so far! It's so nice to see Emma and Mr. Knightley's relationship - I am getting the feeling that everyone realizes they would be the perfect couple except for the two of them! Your little notes and trivia are a lot of fun - now I need to go find that BBC production with JLM as Lord Byron! Thanks for the great story - more please! :)
iambbq chapter 4 . 6/1/2010
Awww...another lovely, lovely chapter! Please update very very soon!
millernumber1 chapter 4 . 6/1/2010
I'm assuming that you meant Mr. Knightley to say "I trust that my request will bnot/b hinder your ability to have an enjoyable time"?

Excellent chapter! I love Emma's taking care of herself - I think too many people assume that Emma is completely blind to those around her - but I think in general, she's very perceptive, and when not overanalyzing and spinning out plans for Harriet etc. out of boredom, I'd assume she was just as sharp as the Knightley brothers. And Emma keeping her word and snubbing Lord Byron (such a cad, even if he was played by Miller :-) is priceless.
millernumber1 chapter 3 . 6/1/2010
Very nice chapter - I love the part where Emma is the one guiding the children's behavior - if I were an under-10 boy and had Emma as an aunt, I'm sure I would adore her as well.
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 4 . 6/1/2010
Love that Mr. Knightley and Emma are called out on the not clarifying that they weren't married thing, just after I mentioned it in the previous review.

I love the metaphor of the butterfly and can understand and smile at Mr. Knightley's fears that she will 'fly away' with someone else; and it's doubly lovely to see her exploring and enjoying herself, but always always returning 'home' to him.

Yay for Lord Byron's appearance, and kudos to Emma for not succumbing to his charm (although her [as yet unconscious] love for Mr. Knightley would keep her safe, I'm sure) and for remembering and heeding her promise to Mr. Knightley. I'm interested to see where this will go - Lord Byron (in the series) doesn't seem the type to give up, especially when the woman he's after is hard to get - and I'm wondering if this will lead Mr. Knightley to an earlier realisation of his feelings. Please update soon - I'm loving this story so far!
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 3 . 6/1/2010
Lovely, lovely chapter! I adored the teasing about the giraffes and hazel eyes - it's just the sort of thing I have told my younger siblings and cousins when they were still gullible (and have had it done to me as well when I was little), and as Mr. Knightley observes, it's just precious that she still believes it after all these years, because HE told her.

I love that Emma and Mr. Knightley make such a good parenting unit that they and their nephews are mistaken for an immediate family (and that although they correct the assumption that the boys are theirs, they don't say anything of the assumption that the two of them are married to each other, and indeed don't even seem to register that this assumption existed). I also love that Emma is the disciplinarian and Mr. Knightley is the more easy-going one, even though he's so accustomed to correcting Emma. It's a nice glimpse into the kind of parents they will be one day.

And now I'm off to read the next chapter - thank you so much for this story!
iambbq chapter 3 . 6/1/2010
I'm loving this story! :)) It's so delightful to see the easy and playful interaction between Emma and Mr. Knightley! A wonderful touch to include little Henry and John...give us a taste of the kind of parents they'd be when they had their own...very sweet! It's so generous of you to do double chapters. Thank you!
c chapter 4 . 6/1/2010
Adorable! I love how Mr. Knightley can't form a coherent thought when he sees Emma in her gown. I really hope that in your story, they will find their happy ending sooner.
indianpipe chapter 2 . 5/29/2010
I love this...I like all the new characters...this proves to be very fun.
c chapter 2 . 5/29/2010
So far, I like your story very much. I think that Emma can't be just a spoiled little brat, otherwise Mr. Knightley really would not have fallen in love with her.

I like how she finds out how highly he thinks of her through other people and look forward to seeing them at the ball. :)
iambbq chapter 2 . 5/28/2010
Great chapter! At last...priases from Mr. Knightley! It's wonderful to know how much Mr. Knightley esteemed Emma, even though not in front of Emma. I have never written any Emma story, but I have several in my head and one of them involves Emma's visit to London meeting Lord Byron!:) Oh...I can't wait to see what happens next!
iambbq chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
Yippie! A new Emma story! Even though I love Emma, just like you, I also had wondered what Mr. Knightley saw in her that made him love her so much that he couldn't speak more...I'm so glad you're doing the story!
93 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 Next »