Reviews for The Only Thing That Matters
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Interesting look on Deck and Logan relationship.

And it did seem like he kinda cared about Logan or his heartbreak.
Mari83 chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
Oh, interesting approach (especially making a cross-fandoms series of it), building on that bit of Lydecker calling Logan 'son'. And interesting missing scene - always wanted to know what happened with them after the raid.

What I like most about this is that you take the changes in Lydecker and of his role, the shift of the villain-role from him to Renfro that we saw at the end of S1 further.

Also interesting that Lydecker, from the beginning, had a perspective very different from Logan fazing the finality of Max's death with his belief that Manticore is going to save Max's life, vowing that the'll go in and save her.

"He has a bit of trouble with the doorman, who was instantly suspicious of a strange man bringing Mr. Cale in. Then he mentions that he's Max's father (because, he tells himself, that's really what he is), and instantly the man is all smiles. Apparently Max is a frequent and welcome visitor to the building. It hurts Deck as he realizes that that won't be the case anymore, at least not for a while."

Ah, just like this, people looking out for Logan, missing Max...:-)

Will look out for the other parts of your father-son series...
Replica Velocity a.k.a. X5 714 chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
Somehow I think Logan would be a lot harsher to Deck but I loved Lydecker's perspective though.
Victoriam Speramus chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
So sad and interesting. I've always wondered what happened next -you know, kind of 'did Logan wake up and just thought it had been a nightmare?'

That is actually what makes Lydecker special, he cares about them (in his own twisted way) and you just pictured him perfectly in his concern toward Logan.