Reviews for Safe In The Arms
CileSuns92 chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
That would have been great, really...Good one-shot, I really liked how you dealt with everything, especially Cristina barging in the room is always welcomed...
xoxtinysingerxox chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Perfect!
brittany chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
loved how u tied in the house of candles. this is most defone of the better post season 6 fanfictions
Becky chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
Like the other one I commented on, this one rocks... but one question... I thought Meredith knew how to swim? Because didn't Derek tell Addison that she was a good swimmer.
Gurkblomma chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
This was really, really good. It was emotional and sad and hopeful and just plain good. You should be proud of what you've accomplished because this was a magnificent ending to the season finale, which was not an easy task.

And smile. You are beautiful.
darkandtwisty1 chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
Amazing! I wish this was more than a one shot. You so did the aftermath justice!
McSunny chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
Thought this was excellent! Love your writing but wish you'd continue with this.
S.Woods chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
LOVED THIS

I liked Derek and Cristina's friendship, it was fun

Excellently written, very in-character.

Great job!
stilllovesgreys chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
I really liked this!
AiLing chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
Oh wow, this is one of the most amazing post finale pieces I've read so far!

I've never thought about it...but yeah Derek and Cristina's relationship might very well improve next season, after she saved his life..

And MerDer intimate conversations are always a great read :)

Just one tiny thing though...it was mentioned in the drowning episodes that Mer is a good swimmer...just that she somehow gave up halfway and let herself drown?

Anyways, keep up the great work!
McMerDer chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
That was awesome! Beautiful written.

Loved the Cris Derek talk. Would love to see them as friends with real conversation in S7! Cris's advice is definetly great. 'Marry her properly.. not more of the post-it shit'. Oh, how much I agree! *Shonda please listen LOL*

Oh, April Kepner! She should go back to her father's farm. She isn't a surgeon. I'd rather operate on myself than have her as my surgeon. I liked the part when Mer shows anger towards her for almost losing her husband because of her idiot behavior! I so don't want to see her with Mer/Cris/Alex and eating lunch with them and stuff..

Loved the whole MerDer conversation. They are too adorable. They both want to hold each other so bad! Loved that he has a nickname for her:) It's so cute.

Well done!
klutzysunshine chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
Great fic! I loved this.
M. Pond chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
I really loved this. It was great to see a new perspective on the aftermath because not many fics have dealt with how the shooting is going to affect our characters future.

There's so much I loved. Firstly the development of the Cristina/Derek 'friendship' was excellent because it remained believable. Her saving his life means they are always going to have a link. And it means that he'll always have a new found respect for her and after she's finally got to see just how much he means to Meredith, I think she'll have a similar respect for him. You reflected that really well. The idea of her being able to talk to him and listen to the advice that he gives is lovely.

April Kepner. How am I not meant to want to slap that girl? I like that you showed that Meredith had anger towards her because of what happened (something I think Shonda will ignore, instead trying to get us to embrace her as one of the group). Gary Clark was putting the gun down until she reappeared. That means there has to be some anger towards her on Meredith's part so I liked that you put that in.

Mark and Derek *squishes* Those two may be my OTP of the show so any aftermath fic that acknowledges them automatically gains points in my book.

"His family stayed for the entire two weeks, taking care of them both. When he referred to his family, he included Mark Sloan without hesitation. As a result, so did his family."

I loved that line so much. That line put such a huge smile on my face because Mark is a part of Derek's family and an honorary Shepherd IMO. Those two have been through a lot but they've managed to come out the other side still brothers. Oh and Derek making Mark interim chief but still having to guide him through every single decision - totally what should happen at the start of S7 (even though I know they'll just make Richard chief again or something). The fact he is at the point where he can trust Mark that much *squishes*

You wrote the whole Meredith/Derek relationship so well. I really loved the idea of this being "their new ferryboat crash.' He had to get through seeing Meredith die and now she has had to face the same thing. And it also showed how strong they now are as a couple that they can make it through the shooting without the breakdown that happened in S3. You showed how much they're matured and developed over the years as individuals and a couple.

I didn't mean to make this review so long. In summary - a brilliant fic.
Lourdi chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
That was great.
realornotreal22 chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
Wow. Very good. Loved the "Don't worry, I gave you credit" line.