Reviews for Pioneer Girl
Harry2 chapter 7 . 6/26/2010
And so, another fantasy has ended. And it gave the person something to think about from both ends of the fantasy. Now, lets see what you have in mind for the nexdt tale!
LadyMarianne123 chapter 7 . 6/24/2010
I'm reading this at work so have to be brief - BRAVO! !

Another excellent story. Stacey finally learned something from her fantasy - and now we're set up for yet another adventure with Rogan's sister coming to visit.

Keep up the great work!
PDXWiz chapter 7 . 6/23/2010
Okay, so Mills isn't anywhere near the guy you thought he was.

TV Guide and a local paper reporter...whoo boy, too bad she won't be able to score copies of these for her collection when she returns to the timeline of her birth!

Well, on to a difficult shoot... Now she wishes she was home... Will she even care about the show when she returns?

And Tiffany isn't who she thought she was either. Maybe just Christine... The sooner Roarke or Leslie rescue her, the better.

How nice! Sammy is a good guy after all. Aspirin is much needed now...

Ahh...there's the man himself!

Yes, if she sleeps on it...she might just discover that the fantasy had some moments after all.

The obsession has gotten down to a manageable level. And that is probably the result Roarke wanted to get her to, after all.

Soul-searching coming up? For everyone... Does that include Roarke and the triplets? I doubt the triplets... I would guess you meant Christian and Leslie, Julie and Rogan, *maybe* Rory, and perhaps a few of Leslie's friends...and that's it. Oh, and of course, the soon-to-be-revealed sister... But it is interesting Roarke knows little about her... Very intriguing! Can't wait to see it!

Great chapter and great story as usual! :)

jtbwriter chapter 7 . 6/23/2010
That was a very interesting story-I wondered what Stacey's overall reaction was and I wasn't disappointed! But she completely forgot that Sammy was sympathetic to her...not all her "idols" had feet of clay! Thanks for a really effective tale-I look forward with our next trip to the Island!:)
PDXWiz chapter 6 . 6/22/2010
A nice day at home...a crazy party at Mills' place...wow, culture shock for Leslie! Good description of the aftermath...

Cool-anudder flashybacky! Woohoo!

Yup, correct Christian. TV star and Hollywood partier...whadda fantasy!

Well, she has really gotten an intense eye-opener this weekend! First the trip to the AU where her fan-created character of Carrie actually existed as part of the family in the 19th century...then to be a tv star on the show starring as her character in the 1970s...and attend a wild Hollywood party! Very intense experiences for Stacey...I wonder how she'll ever re-adjust to her relatively quiet ordinary life in little Wiscasset...

We've seen these three fantasies in one form or another. People want to be celebrities and/or rich and enjoy that lifestyle; people want to be stars; and you even helped Kylie and Lauren play in an AU where they are part of Starfleet... Cool stuff for Stacey. I really hope she appreciates everything... Can't tell if she will or not. And I have no idea where you are going with this story...can't wait to see what's next!

Good stuff again. It was touching to see her help the hired help, proving she wasn't too far gone in her fantasy to remember the common people...despite her incredible hangover...LOL

Harry2 chapter 6 . 6/21/2010
Just be careful you two. Drinking and driving Do NOT MIX!
jtbwriter chapter 6 . 6/20/2010
That was great-what a letdown for both Leslie and Stacey-and a great backstory too! But now Stacey's finally seeing the other side of fame-good work! Thanks for an addictive one-now what?:)
LadyMarianne123 chapter 6 . 6/20/2010
Stacy would have been better off in the real historical world rather than the "TV" land world. She really didn't understand that what she say on th screen (and read in the fan magazines) wasn't reality. Maybe she'll learn something from this before worse happens. Can't wait to see what else happens!
PDXWiz chapter 5 . 6/18/2010
It's fine to know all of the episodes that she watched, but in terms of what the episodes consist of in THIS new world, who knows? She probably doesn't really know any dialogue from the new shoes, certainly not hers...

She should have thought she would have to have makeup. I mean, it's a tv show, after all. Good touches here with the references to makeup; they feel right.

Yeah, you better be quiet, Stacey...you've caused enough trouble now.

Great dialogue here...and boy is she ever gonna have a comeuppance... hooboy...

Ah, starvation diet...good fallback...LOL

Great dig on the obsession with thin, and the connection to Karen Carpenter!

Nice rotation to some happiness for her, after all the crazy stuff earlier...

Good, quick, solid chapter! Again I felt like I was going along with her every step of the way, I could really see it in my mind's eye!

Harry2 chapter 5 . 6/16/2010
Easy Stacie! Just because you got back to the time period you wanted to be in, DOES NOT mean that you are out of the woods yet! You have to be careful not to reveal your knowledge of the future, for fear of messing up the ENTIRE TIME LINE!
jtbwriter chapter 5 . 6/16/2010
Now that really works-Stacey using her head (belatedly) and getting the result she wanted from her "fellow" actors. I love how she covered for her mistake about Anorexia and made a connection with Tiffany. Thanks for a great update-now what?:)
PDXWiz chapter 4 . 6/11/2010
I'm not surprised Stacey's disappointed. But interestingly, Leslie comes out very defensive and supportive of her father, despite her stance on this fantasy.

I quite well remember when a historical figure wound up on the island when it wasn't supposed to (The Ripper...shudder). I don't remember, however, about them not going as far back as they wanted, nor the room not operation at all. Hopefully you'll enlighten us about those other occurrences soon!

"Careening through time is not a matter of clicking your heels three times and reciting, 'There's no place like Rome'!" is an awesome line! I love it! One of your best lines ever!

Uh oh, scratching her head under the bonnet... lice? fleas? YUC!

Sadie seems like a great dog. Too bad she can't return with Stacey to the 21st century; she'd never get back to the US with all of the animal immigration quarantine laws... Not in a reasonable time frame, anyhow.

Missing her home in Maine...well, I'm sure the pioneers often dreamed of their homes while along the trail, too.

Read her mind again...LOL. I'm sure he really appreciates her defense of him as well as the quote.

Hehehe...arranging a thunderstorm...yes, now that would shake the boredom up a bit...

A light of some kind? Wuh oh...Mephi? What's up now?

Hooray! He did it! Now she will be happy...or so we hope...

I like that idea! Environmentally healthy vehicles...even if they are magical. Oh! And there was a brief Darius sighting! Very cool!

Well, we certainly HOPE you don't have to worry about the Kendall fantasy tonight! And hopefully, things are going well with the Merriman fantasy, too.

Something tells me there have been a few occasions where things went wrong with both fantasies, but somehow turned out right. That will be hard to write, however. And I mean, really wrong, not just something different from what the guests wanted...

Good chapter!

Harry2 chapter 4 . 6/9/2010
Well, at least Stacey is getting her fantasy on track, even if it is taking some time. I just hope she appreciates all that Roarke is doing for her.
jtbwriter chapter 4 . 6/9/2010
That was nice-Leslie presenting Mr. Roarke's side to Stacey-and then his surprise at being able to change the fantasy-great turn of events! Thanks for a very interesting chapter-what next?:)
LadyMarianne123 chapter 4 . 6/9/2010
Why do I have the feeling that Stacey's fantasy isn't actually On track? G.

I'm glad Leslie read her the riot act - she was beginning to be the type of guest I'd wish on the "other" Roarke. He wouldn't be as "gentlemanly" about it (which in this case might be a good thing G).

Now I wonder what could go wrong with her fantasy - maybe find out that being on a televsion program is as cut throat a business as being in a wagon train going to Oregon? This should be interesting!