Reviews for A Matter of Time
Lisa Cooper chapter 5 . 5/2/2013
Thank you for writing A Matter Of Time. Besides enjoying the story, it was fun to read a really good sentence in Chapter 4 or 5. I think it was one of the things Patty used to describe her Grandma Fried. You totally hit the nail on the head with that line, CONGRATULATIONS! You've written one of your one million really good lines! I am looking forward to finishing your A Matter Of Time fan fiction. Excellent job! Lisa Cooper
Lisa Cooper chapter 10 . 12/7/2012
Your story, "A Matter of Time" is intriguing. If you have the time and interest, I hope you will finish. Happy Holidays, if you celebrate one, L.
CastileandAragon1230-1716 chapter 4 . 7/3/2011
Sharon has black hair. The WWII ended in 1945 when Anton was twenty-two and Patricia was twelve meaning that Anton was born in 1923 and Patricia was born in 1933. Anton was not born in 1933 or else he would only be twelve the same age as Patty when the story was set during that time period which is wrong. You have a good technique at writing. Keep up the good work.
Ifab1ndiya chapter 8 . 10/2/2010
Amazing! I like Giselle(nice name)! So chibi!
Ifab1ndiya chapter 6 . 10/1/2010
Awesome but risky! Char can still have them do journalism while looking for Anton w/o mentioning it!
Ifab1ndiya chapter 5 . 10/1/2010
Great story! The cousins, aunts, & uncles were a great touch! Don't remember them but sad they're as bad as the parents. But emphasizes the hate.

Grandparents are great! I like how Charlene was brought back.
Yva J chapter 10 . 9/27/2010
I like the backstory with Giselle and how she and Patty are so different, yet they get along really well. The only thing I would change here is the German word for apple is spelled Apfel.

Otherwise I am enjoying this and hope that I'm forgiven for not having reviewed the chapter sooner. I'm looking forward to your next installment. :)
Yva J chapter 9 . 7/21/2010
You are very right about the promises that were made. I think that was mentioned in the book when Anton analyzed his techniques. I also heard very much the same things from my mother-in-law about it. She told me often that her mother didn't agree with the politics, but her father was a tyrant and often threatened her about it. Those were some very awful times, not just for the allies, but also for normal German people.

But, that's a digression for another time. Your story is really shaping up very nicely. I like that she calls Erikson 'Uncle Erik' although I have noticed that a lot of people here don't call people those names. I like that you incorporated some of the Americanisms in Giselle's character. She's been there for a time, so that may explain.

You're doing a great job with this. Sorry, I wasn't around to review sooner, I was away on holiday. :)
moonlite982 chapter 9 . 7/19/2010
this is a pretty good chapter :)

can't wait to see where this goes and where their journey takes them.

please continue and if you could, make it a little longer. but that request is small :)

I, too, have temporarily put off my story as I am in Seattle with friends and have bad writers block. but, i will be back shortly and have several ideas. :)
Yva J chapter 8 . 6/29/2010
This is very good. I like how you brought Giselle into this. Although that is not a very common name here doesn't mean that there is not a girl roaming about here with that name. :)

I really like how you tied everything back to Anton's family. The only thing you need to remember is all nouns in German are capitalized. Mutter, Vater, Oma, Opa and so on. Otherwise it's great. I can almost hear her speaking, which is very good as people do 'incorporate' words from their mother language when speaking. So, you caught that rather nicely.

I am looking forward to reading more. :)

Keep up the fantastic work. It was short, but sweet. I can't wait to read more.
moonlite982 chapter 8 . 6/28/2010
ohh wow

wonderful! I am so curious now. love how you put this together though.

i didn't notice the historic stuff either nor do i know much but thankfully this is fiction so i think it can be overlooked yet still be realistic in a way. i, too, have made some mistakes on my story and what i don't know, i make up :)

i do hope your sunburn gets better. i have to agree, it is annoying when someone says "i told you so" and when sunblocks lies to you :( but, aloe is amazing and is one of my best friends :)

all in all, wonderful chapter.

Update soon!

moonlite
Yva J chapter 7 . 6/20/2010
First, my apologies for taking so long. I have had a massive week this week, which explains my silence.

Now to the chapter. This is very good, and I am wondering who Giselle is, and what her connection to Anton is. It would be neat to find out and I am certain that you will not disappoint us. I am looking forward to the next chapter, and can't wait to see what they uncover.

This is really a unique story, and I am so glad that you are continuing with it. Keep at it.
moonlite982 chapter 7 . 6/19/2010
ahh this gets me so excited! can't wait to see where this goes! :)

please, please update soon!
Nikki chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
wow. i can't even descride this in words. Tabby is my best friend and is a really good writer. i bet she will be published one day.

4 1/2 to 5 stars
Yva J chapter 6 . 6/11/2010
One word, brilliant. Charlene is soooo utterly sneaky, I love her. This is really great. I can't wait until Patty gets out of school and they can start researching.

This is really a great idea, and I think this is a direction that I haven't seen this fandom go in. I love that her grandparents were supportive of the idea. It's great.

Post again soon, and I'll try and be better about posting comments in a more timely fashion.

Great job! :)