Reviews for To Be Alone With You
readbetweenthesigns chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
I know this review is about a million years late (only just read the story) but it was fabulous! I wish it had gone down like this :/
stardustshop chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
I wish soso badly something like or this exextlly has happed on the PQ have been handled so poorly in the second half of the season.

Loved it.I adore your writing style.I can totally see the fake relationship thing and I really liked that you included Finn and Mercedes and Puck's Finn knew that the only time Puck sang for real was for Quinn!3

Loved,loved,loved the way they created thir little world in the room,I can tottly picture them doing loved how she too expressed her love for him and the baby through ,Gosh,they've decided to keep the baby!

of.hope.trust.and.pixie.dust chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
loved it, wish this was actually shown on t.v. :))

love the connection of Puck and Quinn
shitthisisawkward chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Oh my god, that was amazing

The best story I have read in a long, long, LONG time!

I didn't actually like Quinn x Puck, I just read this story because it sounded really good, but now I love it so much!
Emily chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
Wow! Truly amazing! I love how you kept to the story line of the show but elaborated it so it made it so much more easy to understand and enjoyable to read. I live in the UK and we have only seen up to the episode "Theatrically" so far but I am hoping your ending is similar to the one on the show! :)

Keep up the fantastic stories and can't wait for chapter 8 on Cheated Hearts x

P.S: HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATH! HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD ONE :) X
faerietaleredux chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
You should know that I'm the kind of person who sees a word count of more than 3,000 and turns away. Something about lengthy fic intimidates me generally-but I had to keep reading your piece. Because you've got both Puck and Quinn down so perfectly, especially how you express their inflict conflict-Puck wanting a family with her, and Quinn too burned to let herself even imagine that kind of happy ending for herself. I get the sense on the show, that she sort of punishes herself that way. Poor thing.

The emotion I felt the strongest while reading your fic was regret. I've tried to just accept that the writers have put Quinn and Puck (and their relationship) in yesterday's trash, but you made me pretty much ache for more. I regret that we'll not see them treated so well in canon. But I appreciate your taking the time (it must've taken forever) to carefully craft out the Quinn-Puck story from the scraps of wood the show has given us. You've done a wonderful job of taking the details we saw on the show and explaining and fleshing them out in a way that's believable and interesting. And still does both characters justice.

You even let them resolve their conflict with Finn! That was so satisfying. Oh! It makes me mad that we see ridiculous things on the show (like Shue plotting against Sue yes again ala "Funk" and the pointlessness of the entire Madonna episode) when there's such lack of development to established character conflicts. Like, why focus so much so fast on Finn's mom dating Kurt's dad, but not address the Quinn-Puck-Finn issue at all since the mid-season opener? Sigh.

I should probably have taken notes while reading to give you a review that fit the fic. Since I didn't, just know I enjoyed this very much!
low on inspiration chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
My, God.

You, my friend, have outdone yourself.

First, I just want to thank you again for taking the time to write this! Like I said before, you totally didn't have to, but the fact that you did means so much to me, and it totally made my birthday about a trillion times better!

And I’m sorry it took me so long to finally get around to reviewing this! I really wanted to do so before “Funk” aired, but unfortunately I got caught up with some school related things and couldn’t review until now.

Now, onto the story...

...I loved it. Absolutely -LOVED- it. You always write Puck and Quinn so in character, and I can just hear and visualize everything you write as if it were actually being acted out by Mark and Dianna themselves.

I like how you had Puck be the one who suggests that Quinn talk to Mercedes. As it is mentioned throughout the story, Puck really can be nice and a good guy at times, and I like how Quinn is really the only one who gets to really see this side of him.

I thought the whole scene at the skating rink was adorable! Since you wrote that Puck and Quinn skated together, I want to assume that you saw the pictures from "Home" where they're skating together in the background? If not, I'd be glad to send you a link to the photo.

I love how Puck called Quinn to ask if he could screw with Rachel. That whole Puck/Rachel scene from "Bad Rep" bothered me so much (actually, Puckleberry does that to me in general, but that's a discussion for another time), and I'm glad you gave it a nice Quick spin (wish we had more of those in the actual show). And then the fact that Puck moved the Glist from Rachel's locker? I love that you gave that a Quick spin as well - I thought it was so incredibly sweet, and I know I've told you this before, but I love that when you write Puck and Quinn it's the little things he does for her that speak volumes about his self and his feelings towards her. And another example of this would be;

When Puck grabbed Quinn’s hand during ‘Total Eclipse’! The way you wrote that moment, and the way “the seriousness there in his eyes says that he knows things like this between them aren't insignificant, and neither is this”, was just amazing.

Just to top off the “Bad Rep” section of this review, I love that at the end of it, Quinn realizes that she’s not invisible to Puck. I love it. Now…

"Because sometimes at night when she's in what used to be Puck's bed and she thinks of their daughter, she thinks of the only sure love she has in her life, the love that has continued to grow for her daughter, and wonders if she'd be able to become even a fraction of her old self or someone better and new if she had to give up that one and only love. When she feels her daughter move or kick, which has been just starting to happen lately, she starts to think that she probably won't be able to be anything after she gives her away. She can't imagine even being able to breath without her." - While I absolutely loved this entire story, those two lines are probably my favorites. I think they really speak volumes about Quinn and how far she's come and how teenage pregnancy has pretty much sobered out her bitchy, head cheerleader self (although I do miss her bitchyness on the show, a lot).

I loved your “Laryngitis” part! I liked Puck’s reason for not fighting back against those geeks – and the fact that it’s pretty much because he wants to be a better person for his daughter (and Quinn, I’ll say), just makes me love Puck more. I also like how you handled the Quinn talking to Mercedes situation in a way that makes sense (again, you rock with continuity, the Glee writers don’t)!

I thought Puck buying Quinn a BLT was absolutely adorable, especially when the baby starts kicking (river dancing) :P

He adds on, softer like her, "I'd think she'd mostly get something like that from you though." – I thought this line was absolutely adorable! Pretty sure my heart fluttered.

I like what you did with “Dream On”, and considering the fact that we really got no Quick in that episode, you made an awesome transition from “Dream” to “Theatricality” that worked really, really well.

I loved your “Theatricality” part! It was probably my favorite one of the entire story. I may be a bit biased however, considering “Theatricality” is one of my favorite episodes (because really, Quick –AND- Lady Gaga? What more could I ask for?) :P

I love how you included Finn into this part. I really want him to be friends with Puck and Quinn again, and on the show you really can’t tell how they all stand with each other (again, continuity issue). Anyways, like I said, I love how you included Finn in this part. I also love how you really made it seem like there was this big friendship between Puck and Finn. I really wish we saw some evidence that such a friendship did/does exist between the two on the show, but once again the writers aren’t tapping the potential of all these potentially awesome things that could be covered on the show.

I don’t know if you watch Gossip Girl or not, but the whole Puck/Quinn/Finn thing (especially in this fic, but on the show too) really reminds me of Chuck/Blair/Nate on GG. If you don’t watch GG, here’s a brief summary of what I’m talking about: Womanizer-Chuck is best friends with Golden Boy-Nate who is dating Queen Bee-Blair. Chuck sleeps with Blair, and then Nate wants nothing to do with either of them. Eventually, Nate forgives Chuck because he realizes Blair is the first girl Chuck has ever loved.

Anyways, I love that Puck/Quinn/Finn parallels Chuck/Blair/Nate, because I love Gossip Girl (but not as much as I love Glee, of course).

Now, back to Glee…

I like Finn’s justification for why Puck is a good guy and why Puck would be a good father. I really do think that Puck would be a good father, but I think that the show really doesn’t show him stepping it up. The writers always have Puck attempting to prove himself to Quinn and stepping up for her at the last minute, and I just really wish we could’ve seen Puck being supportive and great more often, rather than just at the last minute. I wasn’t expecting him to be a perfect boyfriend or anything of the sort, since I knew RM was pretty clear that Puck would remain a ‘player’ or whatever, but I just think that if he really wanted to be a good father, he could’ve been more supportive, and that that could’ve been done without Puck and Quinn being in a romantic relationship.

…End rant. (Sorry I keep complaining about the show and its’ writers, they just get on my nerves…a lot)

To finish off the “Theatricality” bit, I love that Quinn is the one who gave Finn the idea of dressing up in the Gaga dress (however, I still don’t really forgive Finn for what he said to Kurt).

Now…

I love the ending of the story.

I’d never heard “You Really Got a Hold On Me” before, and had to look it up as soon as I finished reading. The song fit perfectly, and I like that the lyrics really could apply to both Puck and their daughter.

I loved Brittany’s one-liner – “Why am I crying?” – I could totally see that happening! And I just love how everybody (except Santana, of course) was crying at the end.

Now, the -ending- ending was absolutely adorable! I love that Puck leaves right after she does just so he can hold her – just the idea and image of Puck holding Quinn makes my heart flutter because it seems like such a tender moment.

I’m sorry this review is so long! I’ll try to keep the rest of this fairly short :P And sorry if any of this review didn't make sense, I'm feeling kind of lazy to proof read or anything ;P

So, again, thank you SO much for writing this! You are so unbelievably awesome, and I really do appreciate it. And again, if you ever need anything, just ask! I’ll always read and review your work. I don’t know what else I could do for you, but if you think of something, please, do not hesitate to ask!

Now, as for the episodes…

I absolutely –LOVED– “Theatricality”, whereas I –really– disliked “Funk”. I think the airdates should have remained as they should have been, rather than switched, because a lot of things in “Theatricality” would have made a lot more sense if we had seen that episode after “Funk”. And scenes wouldn’t have had to been cut if the airdates just remained the same.

What did you think about those episodes? I’d write more about what I think, but I think it’d be if I wait for our PM’s for that :D

I hope your week is going well, and that the rest of it will be good, as well.

Kath

P.S. - Oh yeah, and good luck with those Masters classes, too! :)
xoElle23 chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
Oh my god. I may need a minute to calm myself down and dry my tears. That was SO in character and SO well written and SO beyond perfect I feel like no words can show how much I loved it. It was cute and adorable and beyond amazing. I can't even explain it. One of the best Quick fics I have ever read. Without a doubt.
FinnFiona chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
This was really a lovely read! I don't often peruse glee stories, but I was in the mood for something like this and your story was very satisfying. I have also been enjoying (but also frequently been confused by) trying to read between the lines provided for these two characters, and thought you did a nice job of filling in the gaps. I also liked the way you incorporated some of the other plot lines and how things might have affected them, particularly towards the end. I'm not quite sure I can envision her keeping the baby, in general, but the way you presented her internal conflict was very believable-plus your ending between them is so sweet it completely puts a smile on my face. Well done!

And happy birthday to Kath, whoever and wherever you are! :)
LeahCesc10 chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
Happy Birthday Kath! or should it be Happy Belated Birthday Kath! :D

Amazing story. I loved it so much. Excellent job. :)
GentleReader chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
First of all, happy birthday, Kath! Hope 17 is a great year for you! :)

Now, on to the story...as I told you, I thought you did a good job rationalizing the very inconsistent Q&P we've gotten so far in the back 9. The "fake" relationship was inspired-I can see Quinn (Puck, perhaps less so :) being very strategic about how to keep herself in the social game as much as possible.

And I liked that it was Finn that finally sits her down and tells her what she needs to hear. Though he is certainly not the sharpest tool in the shed, he strikes me as having more emotional maturity than Puck, Rachel, or even Quinn herself.

Loved the ending, the song you chose, and the sweetness of the two of them, creating a little world together in "their" room. I can only hope (but don't expect) we'll get something as satisfying from RM!
Quicklove202 chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
oh damn that was soo good! Luved it!
M. Pond chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
Any time I see that you have updated one of your fics or have posted a new one, I have to stop whatever I'm doing and give it my complete attention for however long it takes me to read.

I am always amazed by how perfectly you write Puck and Quinn. They're not the easiest of characters to write (I've seen some of the OOCness that there is out there) but you make it seem effortless. I can always picture Dianna and Mark acting out whatever I'm reading and I can hear their voices so clearly.

I also love the way you can make scenes emotional without over doing it. Like Quinn's song (which was perfect) but then you following it up with:

""Why am I crying?" Brittany asks Santana next to her"

which made me laugh so much (and made me wish that that whole scene could really happen as it's such a Brittany line).

I really really loved this (and I'm looking forward to the next chapter of Cheating Hearts).
Kkaty chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
Moving and touching. Liked how there was all the closure and moving on and forgiving between puck gibb and Quinn
fedeswondering chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
first of all, happy birthday Kath! Wish you the best, kisses from Italy!

secondo of all, I wanna say thank you! this story is great, I love the way you explain P&Q's from last episodes..

The song you choose for Quinn is perfect, I can't stop listening to it again and again!