Reviews for The Sword of Damocles
The Freaks chapter 17 . 1/18
I love your authors note. And it's pretty true. The book is awesome, I just don't want you to stop posting chapters! You can't leAVE US HANGING HERE! I MEAN, ITS NOT RESOLVED, SO MUCH IS HAPPENING, YOU JUST CAN'T! please don't do this to us
The Freaks chapter 16 . 1/18
Leave it to Joker to turn a spoon into a weapon and wield it with enough force to drive it into someone's leg...
The Freaks chapter 15 . 1/16
FORCE HIMSELF TO RESURRECT! OH MY GOD AaHAhAhHAHaAH That was my favorite line today.
The Freaks chapter 14 . 1/16
I did an informative speech on Scizophrenia this past year, and I used Wain' s pictures as an example. It was a series f three different cat pictures, with each one getting more bizarre and distorted as they went. It is widely believed that he had Paranoid Scizophrenia, thus why his pictures looked the way they did.
Also, Harley isn't just some dumb airheaded girl. She IS a quite the badass, and a woman not afraid of manipulating anyone to get what she wants. Harley adds to the character of Joker, as does he to her own.

Your book is great so far, keep up the good work too!
P.S.-Are the socks in the picture the ones Joker was wearing in TDK?
The Freaks chapter 10 . 1/12
I read a post about TDK Jokers mannerisms and stuff, and it said that he doesn't look at his victims because he doesn't care that he's killing them, or something to that extant.
The Freaks chapter 6 . 1/12
Ledger as an amazing actor. In TDK, his acting made you forget that it was Heath Ledger as the Joker, and not just Joker. I believe that's what makes an actor great. When they can become a character so well that you forget that it's an actor on screen. And heath ledger did that. And, can you believe that, as of January 22 almost 9 years ago, Heath was found dead. *tears.

Your book is great by the way.
The Freaks chapter 1 . 1/11
I'm super excited for this fic, and can't wait to read it!
Guest chapter 17 . 7/17/2015
I LOVE YOUR WRITING!
Seriously, it's incredible. The whole world needs to read everything that you write. All of your stories are amazing! They're captivating, funny, dark- I love it!
Now it's time for me to pass out like Lucy since I just marothoned reading this :)
Cassis Blake chapter 17 . 12/5/2014
Ahh! I've just remember how much I love this story! But it's been such a long time since you update it that I fear it'll never be finished.

You're such a gift writer that's a real shame. I love how you breathe life into these characters (Jonathan especially).

Will you prove me wrong and update it someday soon?

If not, I want you to know how much I took joy in reading your word in this particular fandom. Thank you for your work.
Katherine chapter 10 . 12/19/2013
I would be amused at the Ricky and Fred combo, but would have said, 'that's great! But where's Lucy, I love Lucy!' Which might get me killed or a potential pardon, upon Joker's mood, but I already know a few skanks named Lucy to whom I'd happily point him lol. So survivalist logic vs. fictional mob rage isn't really fair.
Katherine chapter 9 . 12/19/2013
I always liked your idea of Lucy. After all, Crane could never have managed what he did if he were incompetent or ALL his patients were curled up in little balls muttering about monsters with a zero recovery rate. He genuinely must have helped a ton, whether he liked it or not, and in Nolan-verse, even though it deviates so drastically, at least he might be proud of it on whatever earth DC decided to make that.
Katherine chapter 4 . 12/19/2013
Woman, think about what the internet does! Five years from now some poor teen reading this will want to name their baby Iolanda and not even know WHY! Lmao
Talk Bubble chapter 17 . 8/3/2013
NO. THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER :(
I was looking forward to seeing Bruce Wayne interact with patients... if only because all the doctors think he's incompetent and I enjoy seeing their reactions to what he does.
Aw maaaan... this was last updated like 3 years ago, so I've got little hope of a continuation. This makes me sad.

Well, either way, great job writing this series and I absolutely loved it all the way through. I love the insight you gave to the Joker's insane mind. I love your own characters the twins and their brother, and how you portray Scarecrow. I especially love the doctors at Arkham, who are often forgotten in the main Batman stories.
Wonderful job! (and I inexplicably wish for more)
Talk Bubble chapter 14 . 8/3/2013
So I'm one of those people who doesn't read many comics, but who likes to read a lot about the different characters regardless. There are a few characters who have high-definition 3-dimensions in my mind, while the rest are just blurry gray in the background... until I bother to research them, and find out what their all about.
So while I've discovered the Joker, and the Bat Family, I haven't ever bothered to look at Harley. The general consensus I've seen with her is that most people tend to bash her. I admit (a little sheepishly) that I believed them for a while. But here you go defending your favourite character, and I just want to give you kudos for that!
I read some of the articles you have here, defending Harley, and I actually have seen your perspective. I think you're right. She doesn't get enough credit! She's just gained a lot more dimension in my head! :D
Talk Bubble chapter 11 . 8/2/2013
Let me take a moment to say that I love your writing, and your perseverance with this story. I'm glad there's a sequel... :)
I was beginning to wonder if Batman would be in this!