Reviews for It was worth many wounds?
Massive HTTYD Fan chapter 1 . 10/28/2019
I wish I could ever be the author who had a review from a character... However, I’d imagine you’d deserve one more; your verse really is something!
PBIceCream chapter 1 . 4/21/2017
Hmm, another title for this could be 'Watson's Woes' ;). Just wait until Holmes reads about what authors love to put him through!

Absolutely fantastic, thank you.
SCFrankles chapter 1 . 3/27/2015
Love that last line _

Few other favourite lines: "You've been treed by baying packs of hungry mastiffs;/ And, on one unique occasion, you've transformed into a hound."

I thoroughly enjoyed the humour but I was also rather touched by Holmes' analysis of the stories: "...comrade who is closer than a brother." "For each time you were lost, I tried to find you..."
Guest chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
This is cute. And it's true. And it rhymes. Very well, I should add. :-)
ladybug114 chapter 1 . 11/13/2013
this was great! creative and fun to read, you referenced every plot that I've ever seen!
cjnwriter chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
That was fantastic! I love it! Fun, but very true. I think all of us are pretty heavy on the Watson whumping here on FanFiction, and that's the reason!
Lisa chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
Fantastic! I've followed the authors mentioned and read most of their stories so it was great to read this and think, 'I remember that!'

It is a happy thought that Holmes and Watson approve of authors continuing their lives in tales. :-) x
Friendly chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
This was incredibly realistic, and extremely enjoyable, as I believe you listed every plot device on here, give or take a few. I think you might enjoy the story "A Case of Restraint"; it takes this sort of premise from a little different viewpoint...
Riandra chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
And I shall follow the good Doctor's stirling example - this is wonderful! You have it exactly right - the life-saving friendship between these two will stand as a shining example for centuries to come...
Azolean chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
ROFL!

Oh wow. Thank you for that laugh. I so desperately needed it this morning.

While I could sit here and yet again continue to praise your writing style, I must say it was greatly overshadowed by the content.

I don't know which it worse; the way you presented this awesome piece so beautifully putting into perspective fanfiction as a whole when it comes to character torture; or the fact that I can name almost every single fic you made reference to in here!
Ennui Enigma chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
Great job! LOL when I read the last line! Clever :)
Michelle the Editor chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
I am a moderate fan of Sherlock Holmes who has never before entered the fandom, but this resonates. You've written a great piece of poetry, and this is a lovely legitimate reason for so many dark fics. Poor Watson.
BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
Holmes discovers Ipods. That would be something.
marylinusca chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
I liked this so much that I sent the URL to two Sherlock Holmes enthusiasts at my library.

You've covered everything poor Watson has gone through in both Doyle's works and others, and you showed well Holmes concern and the various ways he has shown it.

Lovely rhythm too.
123oe chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
*cries proudly*

Beautiful, this is exactly what would happen! EXACTLY!