Reviews for Across The World
Anna chapter 29 . 6/5
Fantastic story :D!
nousedenyingit chapter 29 . 3/5
I don't know if you'll ever respond to this but I just saw that you referenced Tose Proeski in your notes and I have to ask, are you Macedonian too? Because I am and I can't believe you mentioned him/used him in your fic regardless. It's a really great honor to see that
Wonderful story!
BTR14 chapter 29 . 1/11
Just read this entire story in a day. Absolutely loved it.
AJ Granger chapter 29 . 1/4
Amazingly good story. I like that it focused solely on Rory and Jess, and that it recognized that they both made some pretty big mistakes in their past. Their talk here in this chapter was a necessary thing, just as the earlier discussions helped with the story. I really liked that Matt makes an appearance and actually attempts to protect Jess through questioning Rory's intentions towards Jess. It's nice to see someone do that as Jess rarely had someone in his corner that wasn't Rory. Even in instances between Rory and Jess, Luke often chose Rory arguing she needed protection. In many ways, Jess may have needed that emotional support much more as he didn't have anyone else to turn to for that besides Rory.

Overall, I like the way you capture and portray the characters. I thought the festival and the trip there was a nice way of showcasing the differences in personality between the two (the planner and the risk taker). Seeing bits of Jess at work, and Rory enjoying working for a paper was good. The activities you chose for them made it easy to imagine in any city rather than just Dublin which helps since you hadn't been there.

Overall, I appreciate that Lorelai and Luke made brief appearances by phone, and a sequel to this might be interesting.
AJ Granger chapter 3 . 1/4
Excellent start. The texting went on for longer than I expected. I like that it's in Dublin. Good choice of city. Lots of famous writer's and interesting places to go. I've only been there once, and it wasn't for long enough. I highly recommend it, and I think that Rory and Jess will like it a great deal.
autumnleaves18 chapter 29 . 11/27/2016
wow, I love how you portray them as soulmates but at the same time both so scared and vulnerable
LeSass chapter 29 . 10/6/2016
Everything about your writing is do candid and tasteful - even the sex was believable and not trashy, just sweet and right. I didn't want to read this one because I'm figuring out an international story of my own and didn't want to get ideas. But obviously I couldn't resist and I'm confident I won't steal from you because it's something I just want untouched and your story is just so different than I could ever imagine for anything. Thank you for sharing all of your thoughts in these three pieces, you really do have a beautiful gift.
Guest chapter 29 . 9/14/2016
I've read a lot of Literati, but this is easily one of these best!
ashotoflife chapter 29 . 8/22/2016
Hello, I'm so glad I'm finally able to review this thing. I just spent the past two days reading this non stop and there are so many times I wanted to say something to you but I held back because I figured I should wait until I finished the whole thing. Firstly, there's this guest reviewer a few comments down from mine who has no idea what they are talking about. Maybe Jess wouldn't reacted the way he did after truncheon (as they said) but you are so not an awful writer. In fact, I would say you are pretty damn impressive. You chose to take it where you did and have truncheon be a pivotal moment and that is completely fine, and completely fair. But I don't really care so much about the plot as I do about the characters, which you did a fantastic job with. I was so pleased when I read the first chapter to find Jess and Rory's dialogue so incredibly on point. The Stars Hollow characters are not easy to write. They talk fast, they're witty as hell, they make numerous obscure references and they each have very distinctive voices and personalities despite basically all of them doing what I just described. So, you being able to write them so well was shocking to me. There were times when I felt like I didn't even need to bother reviewing because you're clearly intelligent enough to know what a wonderful job you did with the characters. You created a beautiful tale and your injection of quotes and songs created a really dynamic piece that I thoroughly enjoyed. I listened to most of the songs as I read and it created this really vivid experience for me as a reader. Aside from all that, I just wanted to say you are in fact a lovely writer and you've created a beautiful piece here and you should be very proud. Thank you for taking the time to write. I hope to one day read a book by you.
Robin94 chapter 29 . 6/11/2016
This is one of my favourite Literati fics, definitely in the top 3, and I always come back to re-read it. It's so good, I can't help it. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 3/16/2016
That is horribly written by you! Jess would never behave like that! And why? Just because of this little misshap at truncheon last time? That is ridiculous. You are an awful writer and you don't know shit about literati. Go to hell!
RedHollowGirlx chapter 29 . 2/11/2016
I haven't stepped into this fandom for quite sometime because I felt it got old and quality as well as creativity had severely dropped off. So I've been biding my time over at fictionpress. However, I stepped over here yesterday just to check in and see how it's been since I left...I was pleasantly surprised to find this story hidden among the numerous stories I had already read but had never read this for some reason still unknown to me. I have to say, I'm obsessed. This story beautifully depicts a realistic portrait of what life between Rory and Jess would be had they got their shit together post-series. I'm sad this is over. I kind of want it to go on forever because Lit is just beauty wrapped in tragedy and you made that come to life. Thank you for writing this. It was fabulous. You are fabulous.

Red
BookTease87 chapter 29 . 1/17/2016
This is one of the most realistic post-series portrayals of these two that I've ever read. I'm so glad you gave them a happy ending while remaining true to who they are and how complex their love for each other is. I have always been dissatisfied with the lack of closure given to Jess on the show, and even more disappointed when the search for that closure in fan fic leaves me disappointed. Yours is one of the first stories I read that didn't disappoint me, both in the ending you gave them and the realistic journey you took them through to get there. Thank you for this fantastic story!
Maranna Listten chapter 29 . 10/11/2015
Why is everything you write so heart-wrenchingly wonderful?
I've just finished this after realizing that I still hadn't read it, despite adoring all of your other work. And I love this the same way.
You write Rory and Jess so well; complex and human and hurting, that is so rare but absolutely worth all of the pain and angst.
Authors like you are the reason I can't get these characters and this relationship out of my head. And I love that.
Honestly at this point I would read anything more by you. You are fantastic.