Reviews for Across The World
Guest chapter 29 . 11/5/2019
I loved this so much!Thank you, thank you, thank you!1
mge chapter 1 . 2/19/2019
WOW. I’ve just recently started reading GG fanfic and came across your story. I was riveted! You are a talented writer, and you do such an amazing job at staying true to Rory and Jess. One of the few stories I’ve read that really sound and act like the original characters. I also loved Matt’s character, so great. I love how you really unpacked everything that happened between R & J, really got down into their souls and psyche. It touched me so much that it got me thinking about my own version of Jess Mariano in my real life and to email him and tell him some things. Thanks for all your hard work on this story!
Ashley Booth chapter 29 . 12/4/2018
this was wonderful. I love how you brought out the worst and best of rory and jess. you had my heart on my sleeve while I read each word and fell more and more in love with it
oddmentandtweak chapter 1 . 10/28/2018
I came across this story months ago and for whatever reason I didn't get past the first chapter then - I think I was confused why Jess was being so cold, as I never felt he would have been like that even after all the crap that went down. But I am so glad that I came back to it - I really liked it, loved it really, and I couldn't 'put it down'. And of course his behaviour became understandable later on. Anyway, great story! I've read all of yours now and I really enjoy how you write Jess and Rory - the best GG fanfic is where different things happen but the characters still feel canon. :)
etymoye chapter 29 . 8/23/2018
Girl... I don’t know if you still read reviews, bu Thais thing is perfect! I read it all in one sitting. Kuds to you and thank you for sharing the awesomeness.
256andeee chapter 29 . 8/5/2018
amazing amazing amazing i loved it as much as i did the first time reading it
256andeee chapter 8 . 8/4/2018
my heart is soaring
256andeee chapter 3 . 8/2/2018
i love it I'm hooked
256andeee chapter 1 . 8/2/2018
I'm rereading this for the first time in a yesr and a half and already remembering how much i love this fic
Guest chapter 29 . 5/16/2018
This was a sweet adorable story!
I really enjoyed it very much and IT WAS SO FUNNY! I couldn't help but Laugh Out Loud at a lot of things!
AMAZING JOB!
-Savannah GilVe B-
Guest chapter 29 . 3/31/2018
Just wow! I am a slacker at leaving reviews, however I just have to tell you how much this story amazes me. The way you delve into their thoughts, fears, and emotions is brilliant and the classic Lit banter is hilarious and just so them. The pacing is perfect with just the right balance of happiness and angst, and the sex scenes are powerful yet tasteful. This is my favourite fic and there are some great ones out there. Would love to see the other one finished too.
DebbieFromAccounting chapter 29 . 11/24/2017
Hello once-was-serendipity! It's been more than 3 years since you've been active on , so I don't know if you'll ever read this. This story is so beautiful that I had to leave a review. I've read and loved many ffs over the past couple of years, but this one touched me deeply.

MY BACKGROUND:
I never watched GG while it was in production. I was busy with young children and rarely watched TV for more then 30 minutes at a time. Over the past months, I binge-watched the entire GG series andthe AYITL miniseries. The development of the GG stories and characters are fresh and new and vivid to me.

LONG-ASS BACKGROUND:
The s6 episode at the Truncheon open house never sat right with me, and not only because the scene was so heartbreaking. In many ways that scene felt true to the dramedic [is that a word?] ride that first sucked me into GG world, but it ultimately rang UNtrue (or maybe just disappointing).
Yes, it's really hard to fault Rory for allowing herself to remain trapped in Logan's exciting orbit of romance and wealth. Matt Czuchry's hot as hell and Logan has evolved into a caring yet still fun romantic. By the end of the series, I could almost see past the bridesmaids thing and his BS justification of it. And yes, Rory has only recently been snapped out (by Jess) of the pathetic free fall that was triggered by a brutally honest performance review by Mitchum Huntzberger.
But it's insulting to me as a GG fan that a 21-year-old Rory is so lacking in self-awareness regarding Jess and Logan. I was in the middle of an intense and dramatic triangle at around that age. I didn't handle it as well as I could have and I still cringe when I think of it. Having myself lived through a similar situation, Rory's visit to Philadelphia doesn't ring true in the least and comes off as a lazy plot device to engineer a Milo Ventimiglia scene to appease the Team Jess crowd.
BTW, I am neither a Team Logan nor a Team Jess zealot. I can see Rory _eventually_ ending up with either guy. And BTW2 the Rory storyline in AYITL did not measure up to the rest of the stories in the miniseries. It was a far greater abomination of the character of Rory than the much-maligned season 7. With the return of AS-L and DP for AYITL, I had hoped for redemption. I ended up caring less about Rory and more about just about everyone else.

I'M FINALLY WORKING MY WAY TO AN ACTUAL REVIEW:
When the Truncheon scene got to the line, "I'm in love with him," my gut reaction was, "Huh? Who wrote this scene? Is this a Jess or Rory dream sequence?" Really? At 21 I would expect Rory to have moved beyond starting to kiss a guy only to abruptly snap out of it and run away. [Dean at Doose's Market, Tristan at Madeline's party, Jess at Sookie's wedding. Thankfully she didn't do the same with poor Marty.] And Jess' reaction, although the character has evolved beautifully, is too detached for me to recognize Jess.
If I try really hard, I can reluctantly accept that Rory was so narcissistic in going to Philadelphia. And I suppose I could convince myself that Jess really did react with mature acceptance of Rory's brain-dead cruelty and his deep disappointment. In contrast with that scene, the rest of the series and the miniseries, "Across the World" takes the Logan-Rory-Jess triangle in a far more believable and satisfying direction.

FINALLY - THE REVIEW
"Across the World" beautifully and believably transitions Rory and Jess from their tragic end in Philadelphia to a wonderful adult love story. Many ff's do a great job at this sort of transition, but I have not yet read one that makes the characters come to life for me as "Across the World" does. When the story takes the reader through Rory's day and through her thoughts, I'm Rory. When the story does the same with Jess, I'm Jess. Early on, I understand and care deeply about both. The story fast-forwards from the series end to their early 30's, but I don't have to get to know new versions of beloved characters from a different time. Each retains, in varying degrees depending on the issue, remnants of their old flaws and insecurities. But they're more mature and - with the help of their conversations with Lane, Lorelai and Luke - more able to make better decisions. You really nailed the dialogs between them and Luke and Lorelai, too.
The set and setting (I mean Dublin, not recreational drugs) is brilliant in that it distances the characters from many of the distracting factors of their young love days. At the same time, the appearances of Lorelai, Luke, and Logan keep the story true to the GG series we know and love. This allows the characters to move forward, together or not, while remaining the Rory and Jess (we thought) we knew 10 years earlier.
Without exception, every scene and dialog brought the story to life for me in a way that the series (starting at "The Real Paul Anka") and miniseries did not and, given the different format, could not. Rory and Jess each have a solid career going, and they more mature and self-aware, although to a lesser degree when old insecurities about one another flares up. I was rooting for Rory and Jess to find their way to a real relationship not as one does in a novel or movie, but almost like I would two close friends that I know are meant to be together.

Thank you for this beautiful story. You are an amazing storyteller and I wish I could find more of your writing than the 3 stories on .
Anna chapter 29 . 6/5/2017
Fantastic story :D!
nousedenyingit chapter 29 . 3/5/2017
I don't know if you'll ever respond to this but I just saw that you referenced Tose Proeski in your notes and I have to ask, are you Macedonian too? Because I am and I can't believe you mentioned him/used him in your fic regardless. It's a really great honor to see that
Guest chapter 29 . 1/21/2017