Reviews for Across The World
Betsy86 chapter 2 . 5/30/2010
"he still doesn't need people, but he needs her". That one line sums up lit perfectly.

Excellent chapter.
watram chapter 2 . 5/30/2010
This chapter was fantastically analytical. "It's a mystery how this thing between them survives, how it endures every blow they throw at it, how it somehow reappears unscatherd every time they face each other and how it never really loses its momentum, regardless of all the mistakes they make, and there are almost too many to count." Long quotation, but I can't get tired of reading this sentence. It's just brilliant (except for that typo, 'unscatherd' but it doesn't kill the brilliance).

Thank you for revealing Jess' story post the Truncheon fiasco, poor boy. I also love the mentions of Chris and Matt and how they are friends for him even though he is set in his idea of not needing anyone.

Beautiful work.
Betsy86 chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
This was really good. Very well written. I can't wait to read more.
MissGoalie75 chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
YES! A new fic from you! Your writing is just so fabulous...I can't describe it. And the dynamics between Rory and Jess are great - I love how it's uncomfortable and how they don't say a lot, but at the same time manage to convey so much, which is one of the best parts about the couple, really. I look forward to reading future updates! Good luck writing!
silverhelix428 chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
I discovered Of Books and Music late in the game, and I'll be honest: I was kind of scared to leave a review. By the time I was caught up to how far you'd written, I was so blown away that any words I would have sent you would have fallen flat. This, however, I am reading from the beginning, so I am not too intimidated to leave a review.

This is amazing, and as with Of Books and Music, I have a suspicion that we're in for a helluva ride. You've won your Lit stripes. Wear them proudly.
Caro chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
Love it! I cant wait for more
bdevils76 chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
I love it already. The only thing I wished for while reading Of Books and Music was the perspective each would have with adulthood, so I’m so excited to see your next story taking place a bit further in the future. The reader can absolutely feel Rory’s discomfort when Jess doesn’t give her much, or any indication that he’s pleased to run into her. I really liked how quickly Jess gets to her, and her biting response to his calmness. Basically, I loved everything about the exchange. How she knows she’s not allowed to be this angry but is anyway, how he remains calm (perhaps to spite her) at first but finally shows just how discombobulated the meeting makes him, and her sense of preservation when she walks away. Wonderful start. Can’t wait to see what happens next.
Lady.of.Victory.Rising chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
Hmmm, a good bit of Future Lit is always appreciated! And the entire chapter, as with all your writing, sparkles and glitters and has a little something EXTRA in it that I can't quite put my finger on but which is monumentally fantastic nonetheless.

I have to say that I'm one hundred percent hooked on this, after just one chapter. Trust me, we need- and I do literally mean NEED- to read more of this, because it's like with Of Books and Music: everyone who's anyone in Litdom is hanging off your every word.

The only thing I have to say is that I'd kind of like to know where exactly they are. You never mentioned it. My immediate guess, for some reason, is Wales, but I'm fairly certain I'm wrong. Either way, let us know!
kylielink chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
good start
RoryGilmore chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
Your story is really great so far! You are really true to both Rory and Jess's characters. Please write more!
watram chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
Well, you just made my day! *grin*

Emotional mayhem indeed. Rory's shopping basket made me laugh for about five minutes. Hilarious.

I wonder who he is supposed to drink the wine with. And where they are. Oh, and I'm curious about Jess' 'sabbatical'.

Great start, good luck writing and can't wait for more ;)
656 | « Prev Page 1 .. 34 41 42 43 44