Reviews for Broken Promise
KnightX chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
the way its written, it reminds me of a movie, i can't quite place it...
Xynth chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
Ah, such a morbid deconstruction of every, "I'll love you forever," moment in history. It's always sickened me how so many authors finish with a storybook ending to their fics, even you on occasion. I've always thought that they were too unrealistic and unbelievable to appreciate them. An enjoyable, if dark, read.
gemiinous chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
my god...wow.

i love the way you wrote this! it kinda reminds me of the kill bill story line, ya know? with the ending first?

anyway, i love it!

...and sakura's still a bitch.
fly chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
wow psycho-naruto ftw

LoL at fellow reviewers though. Naruto murders Sakura because of heartbreak and a broken kiddie-promise and she's the evil bitch? Oo
Writing bunny chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
I can't imagine Naruto doing that. Sakura though... sounds just like her.
jediguru chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
damn...brutal (i always knew sakura was an evil bitch!)
PandaFace chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
Sakura got owned.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
Heh...I was almost through being pissed off about your latest chapter of 'That Look' (Chapter 50...seriously, what the f#$#!) when I stumbled across THIS baby. Guess a little violence and retribution can make anyone (partially) forget about Naruto stooping to Anko's level, eh?

A fitting end to Naruto and Sakura's relationship if they ever did have one. I can see her doing that in canon.

And about what I just wrote regarding 'That Look', I know you don't care about anything I have to say...what anyone who thinks the way I do has to say...but I just have to let you know that sometimes you can REALLY piss people off when you write something awesome and then screw it up in some way. You did it with 'A Mother's Love' (pairing Naruto up with Yugito) and now you've done it again.

Don't take this personally. Seriously, you're a great writer, probably the best on ...but the way you pull some dark, unexpected, often sexual and often repeated twist in your fics...not good. Not good at all.
Zephyrclaws chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
...wow... I don't think Sakura would be THAT heartless... Chances are, she wouldn't tell him that she loved him in the first place. Still, very well-written.
Still Not Dead Yet chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
Very nice, the sad part is that I can almost still see that happening.

Very interesting how you wrote this in reverse cronology.
Random-san chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
Ding dong the bi- er, sorry?

Good story, phenomenally written, unique time style. Very interesting. Even though you know what happens, you want to figure out what lead up to the murder. For a man who holds to his promises as he does, the sin she committed by breaking it probably would lead to this.

On a side note:

I wish you'd continue as it has a lot of potential, a !missingNin Naruto would be kinda cool, you'd do the story justice. In any case, nice job, original format and character death. Oh me, oh my! XD
Mistress Ayako chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
Ah, you and I have to have a looooong talk about this. Very long. Naruto wouldn't have. If he was so in love he wouldn't have been able to kill her unless he committed suicide too. It's incomplete. With a boy so happy as he used to be and so trusting, the realization would have dawned on him. Insanity or something, but he still would have committed suicide. Not betray the village or leave her there. And he might just actually killed her with poison instead. To mock everyone about how beautiful she still looked, even in death. Blood would have reminded Naruto of the Sharingan. But to ruthlessly kill her, and just leave, and betray everything... it doesn't seem to fit. Being Hokage is what he breathed on. If not Sakura's death, the realization that his only purpose for being was gone and that he'd already gotten revenge would've brought on suicide. Suicide is the answer here. Wanna cookie?
hatakevan chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
this was completely OOC for both naruto and sakura! the plot and writing style was good but character development was poor. and i dont care what anyone says about naruto's childhood to justify murderuos actions! naruto would never kill or hurt any of his friends! not even a bastard like sasuke who tried to kill him three times! why didnt he kill sasuke too? he's as much in the wrong as sakura.

i understand that some persons dont like sakura and thus enjoy bashing her. thats fine, but making sakura an OOC character while bashing her is completely pointless.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
...
doc.exe chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
matrice: First, this is not the place to start a discussion. If you wanted to discuss my opinion on the fanfic, it would have been better if you had send a PM to me. I only answer to your comments in this space because I had not other mean to contact you. But if you want to reply to me, please send me a PM or an e-mail (my address it’s at the bottom of my profile).

As to your comments:

Quote: “am I the only one that remembers that she would have been ready to follow Sasuke to Orochimaru, had he agreed to take her with him, without a single thought about her family, friends or comrades? While I can easily see her Shippuden self being concerned about Naruto, that doesn't mean that I could not see her betraying him for Sasuke. The first thing you have to realize, is that this is AU, and things have gone rather differently: Sasuke has not turned into the monster that would be ready to do anything in order to destroy Konoha like his canon self did, and as a result she and Naruto have not gotten closer because of their shared desire to bring him back.”

I disagree with this interpretation. First, that doesn’t prove that she is a manipulative bitch. Just that she is an immature and selfish girl that is too desperate to keep her crush aound her to realize how much of a stupid decision she is taking. It’s clear she didn’t even know what she was involving herself with, which may have been the reason why Sasuke decided to left her behind.

You need to look at all the events in part I: Certainly she was rude, selfish and sometimes even cruel to Naruto, but she never was manipulative and willing to toy with his feelings for her personal gain. All the contrary. Certainly, while Sakura and Naruto didn’t grow close until part II, she actually started to have some respect for him in part I.

Quote: “At the same time, Naruto has not been forced to mature and understand that as much as he likes her, she doesn't like him the same way, and she will never be willing to put him before anyone and anything else. Canon Naruto had been forced to acknowledge that fact when, after nearly dieing and coming back with a huge hole through his chest, the girl had been more upset because their other team mate had gotten away”

Not true. He already knew by the time he brought back Tsunade to the village. Remember the scene in the hospital room when he looks completely devastated at Sakura hugging Sasuke, crying tears of joy after Tsunade cures him from the effects of the Tsukuyomi. Later, when he does the “promise of a life time” with her when he parts with Shikamaru’s team, he is already doing it with complete knowledge that she loves Sasuke. And part of the reason why he wanted to bring him back at that moment was because he wanted to make her happy even if she ddi not love him.

Quote: “Naruto's willingness to 'bend' reality to fit his needs is a well known, canon documented tendency. Look at the way he went after Sasuke, blaming his betrayal on Orochimaru (heck, the man seemed to be his preferred scapegoat, he was lucky that right when he died Madara appeared, otherwise he would have been forced to, I don't know, admit that Sasuke was an adult who could think for himself and take his own decision, instead of a toddler that had been breast feed till the week before, and needed other people to take decisions for him because he was unable to do so himself).”

You are misinterpreting facts. Naruto certainly supposed that Orochimaru was behind Sasuke’s betrayal. IIRC, there was a report that some of their men where sighted in the village. Also, IIRC Naruto was perfectly aware from what Jiraiya told him that Orochimaru wanted Sasuke as a new host. What would prevent him from thinking that Orochimaru lied to Sasuke in order to make him fled from the village? Hence why he also wanted to rescue him. But when they finally face off, he calls Sasuke on his betrayal asking him if the village and his teammates ever mattered to him at all. Naruto was aware that Sasuke had issues. He just didn’t know how deep.

In any case, you are also misinterpreting his intentions in the recent chapters of the manga. Is not that Naruto denies that Sasuke has fallen very low and taking terrible decisions, or that Naruto is “bending” reality to fit his needs in order to save him. Certainly Naruto’s obsession with saving Sasuke is really sick at times. But if you pay attention to his dialogue, it’s clear that, even if he had a REALLY hard time accepting that his former friend had turned into a monster, he still wants to save him not because he beliefs Sasuke is innocent, but because he understands what turned him into a monster and because Sasuke was one of his very first friends. He has this freaking Superman complex that forces him to want to save everyone that is precious to him no matter what (he even admits that in the 3rd Shippuden movie: He wants to save and protect everyone from the Leaf, even Sasuke) .

Quote: “The explanation for his extreme reaction was all there in the flashbacks. He was not forced to 'grow up', he thought that he had achieved all his dreams, and then everything was taken away from him. Really, his reaction was not all that different from canon!Gaara's. You see crimes like these happening in the real world, where morals and customs should make it much more difficult for people to choose to kill each other. Naruto lived in a ninja village, where murder was part of his everyday life -as a matter of fact, he was expected to kill people for money, and I suppose that would end up desensitizing a person, without proper counselling-, so in his scale of values, he might very well have thought that he was doing the 'right' thing -after all, that kind of upbringing would rarely produce well adjusted individuals-. It's the difference in quality of violence, that stems from the different kind of relationship various cultures have with death. So called 'civilized' countries are still able to cause thousands of deaths simply by pressing a button and sending off tons of missiles -it's an aseptic, detached procedures that maybe helps people to rationalize such an act-, while a member of a primitive tribe would be much more likely to behead an enemy and plant its skull on a pike -an act that to us would seem much more brutal and uncivilized, though one has to wonder about the substantial difference, really-. In military dictatorships and nations that train child soldiers, where violence is a constant companion, the second path, that of 'personal' violence, which happens face to face, should realistically be a much more common occurrence.”

I’m not going to discuss all what you discuss here about the ninja society, because that’s completely besides the point. The thing is this: Naruto’s character and part of what makes him appealing in canon is that, while he certainly hold resentment against the villagers for his mistreatment, he never really acted on revenge and murder against them. Unlike characters like Gaara or Sasuke, he managed his resentment and hatred in a constructive way rather than a destructive one: He wanted to become Hokage in the first place in order to prove everyone that mistreated him that they were wrong.

I’m of the personal belief that, in any story, if you make Naruto throw all of that to the garbage and turn him into a murderer just because one of his teammates betrayed him, you are completely missing the point of his character. He is the ultimate incarnation of empathy and forgiveness. I mean, in canon Naruto actually sympathized with Gaara, Neji and even Pain and forgave them even if he still kicked their asses (and still wanted to kill the latter one). Not to mention he is still willing to save someone that has tried to kill him at least 3 or 4 times and once put his fist through his chest.

That is all I have to say. If you want to refute my claims you are perfectly free to do it. Just send a PM or an e-mail as the rules of the site prohibit us of having conversation through reviews.
141 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »