Reviews for The Heart of the Matter
knightrid3r chapter 1 . 2/24
Ok well the story is written beautifully and all but not a fan of Sarah here. Yeah I get she is upset that Chuck lied to her but come on how many times has she lied or kept secrets from him. He didn't want to hurt her and although it was a mistake not telling her it doesn't warrant her thinking about leaving him. If she is ready to leave after that Chuck better ready himself because relationships take work and Sarah here seems like she's ready to bail at the first signs of trouble.
grandetiopaco chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
Got here from Chuckthis blog. Excellent story. I like your take on Sarah Walker's POV. Too bad there wasn't more of this introspection and discussion with the canon characters.
dreamer913 chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
i wish they would have done something like this in the actual chuckverse. it was sort of a heartbreak moment when he was STILL lying to her in the first episode of the season.

anyway, really great introspective piece, love the insight into sarah.
coreymon77 chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
wow, fantastic introspection for Sarah! You are quite good at that! Good on her for just coming out and telling Chuck how it is. I really hope this is similar to how season 4 starts. I really, really, really don't want Chuck lying to Sarah about the new mission his dad left for him at all. He needs to stop lying and this is as good a time as any to start.

until next time,

coreymon77
chucksara4ever chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
The main part of this story is so right that Chuck cant go on lying to Sarah and trying to protect her they are a couple and they need to be honest with each other.

Great insights into Sarahs past and her feelings.
DJ chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
Wow, that was so good, they should use it on the show, cause that really does get to the heart of the matter. Just plain good.
Katsumara chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
Hey, nice work on this one-shot here. Love the series "Chuck", but sort of new to it's fanfiction.. so I really enjoyed your work here. A definite keeper. Keep up the great work!
jinxed97 chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
Great story...hope you continue.
PeterOinNYC chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
Perfect! Absolutely in character, tracks well with backstory and makes me wish that it's the opening scene of season 4. So of the three - love/like/hate - it's love it!
wassupchuck chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
Nice touch to this story, very thoughtful. Thanks for sharing
NonOmnisMoriar chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
First of all, this is very well written, but I don't agree with some of it.

Where is the remorse about the things she's done? She thinks about leaving because he lied to her? What kind of a reaction is that?

What about telling Chuck that she allready knew he loved her because of the USB stick she saw. She never mentioned it to him. What about still wearing the earrings from her ex? The one who tried to kill both her and her new boyfriend!

There is reflection in this story, but it isn't selfreflection it's selfpity. Chuck has done some really, really questionable things last season, but compared to the things Sam pulled? Questioning Chuck's morality after the red test, while she herself had done the exact same thing. And after that she went to seek comfort in the arms of a killer!

Chuck needs to apologize, bu so does she. And that last part is missing in this story and, unfortunately, also in canon.
tshdow chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
thanks for the story.
aross93 chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
love, love, love! introspective's are always my favorite to read. i feel that in the actual show, chuck needs to do something like this for season 4 or chuck and sarah's relationship will get all angsty again [and i don't need that]. :) thanks!
Simba1992 chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
great story. Is there going to be another one
EdieRose chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
I've been reduced to a puddle of fangirly goo.

That was beautiful!

I love how thorough and real the Sarah introspective was, as well as her speech to Chuck was.

Will there be more? Because I loved this so much :)