Reviews for Watching the Watcher
BrokenKestral chapter 5 . 2/8/2019
And you incorporated Sherlock Holmes. This is lovely.
Are you aware that there's a Star Trek book (one of the few Star Trek books I would label "good" rather than just "enjoyable) called Spock's World, where the doctor says that any doctor worth his salt is a good detective? Spock is a little OOC, but not much; rather, Vulcans as a whole are. But it's a great book, and your story reminded me of it.
BrokenKestral chapter 4 . 2/8/2019
I love Christine's rules. They are absolutely true for Enterprise.
BrokenKestral chapter 2 . 2/8/2019
One, I love that you created a story from a tiny detail in the episodes; that gave me a thrill, as a (small) nerd. Two, I really like how you strengthened the character trait of McCoy's-or rather, made more evident-how he puts everyone else first. Thanks for writing!
BrokenKestral chapter 1 . 2/8/2019
I love your portrayal of Christine here.
Guest chapter 6 . 12/31/2018
Amazing and deeply moving. I loved you medical descriptions - you got real statistics and information accurate without ever losing the flow of the story in minutiae.
Kay Hau chapter 6 . 3/27/2018
Amazing! Just fantastic! I've actually never seen the original series, but I can easily follow what's going on! And I'm VERY excited to see that many of the criticisms I've heard about Chapel and McCoy were totally wrong - I had no idea McCoy was so close to, not just Kirk, but Spock as well! I guess people who didn't really understand the characters just saw McCoy insulting Spock and concluded he hated him - which couldn't be further from the truth! I also feel like I've been given a solid quicknotes education of what actual medical scenes and speech should sound and look like - WAY more realistic than anything I've read or seen on TV before! M'Benga and the other nurses and all your other characters are amazing as well. Great job!
McCoy Fan chapter 1 . 3/24/2018
I loved how Chapel and Kirk gang up on McCoy when he didn't take care of himself, Chapel especially. Loved the humor.
Dano chapter 6 . 4/26/2017
Thoroughly enjoyed this!
mckydstarlight chapter 6 . 1/29/2017
*flails This is causing me more emotion than it should...
mckydstarlight chapter 5 . 1/29/2017
What? I'm not crying. You're crying.
mckydstarlight chapter 4 . 1/29/2017
AEIOUHQWIUHFUWAHGF8HWOIGF98WGEHD!
mckydstarlight chapter 3 . 1/29/2017
*flails with feelings
mckydstarlight chapter 2 . 1/29/2017
This is making me extremely happy. Spock and McCoy's friendship makes me happy. :0
Guest chapter 5 . 1/6/2017
I'm a huge McCoy fan, and there are regrettably so few good stories with the triumvirate featuring McCoy as the main character. Thank you for writing this series-it is one of my favourites, if not my absolute favourite!
Heather Snow chapter 6 . 9/23/2016
I know I've read this before, but apparently back in the days before I reviewed regularly. This was absolutely superb. You captured all of the characters so beautifully.