Reviews for Finding Parental Care
KariAnn chapter 7 . 6/25
I started this story knowing it was not complete because I enjoyed your Bridges story so much.

I did want to point out the following sentence because it made me giggle. You can be "one of few" or "only" but "one of only" doesn't work.

"He was one of the only people in England capable of brewing it," (Wolfsbane)
Ducky1776 chapter 28 . 5/16
I know you said this has been abandoned and I knew it when I started reading it, but D*MN, you were on such a roll. Thanks for what you did write! (and it's spelled "sheer" not "shier" as in sheer terror)
Ducky1776 chapter 17 . 5/13
Do you have migraines? The reason I ask is that ergotamine is one of the classic treatments for migraines in different forms.
Huh... since bits of this seem to carry over to Building Bridges and vice versa, are we gonna find out more about the Indicendi in there? Or the Empath stuff (even if it's not necessarily Harry, though I have the inkling he might be one in there, too)? Or more about Aiko-sensei and the Pretty people? Gotta admit, I'm super curious now.
Shiva the Destroyer, huh. I am seriously enjoying the irony you present, it's great lmao
Alright i take it i was thinking of the wrong kirei then
yeah no apparently i am just impatient because? What does the adjective for prettiness and cleanliness have to do with spirit energy jajsndjndal
"I dearly hope you will not deduct from one person to an entire society" — the sheer amount of irony in a Japanese character saying this. Japan's culture revolves an awful lot around a "collective" sort of mindset; that isn't to say that individuals aren't prone to deciding that one person's actions are not representative of the whole, but they do tend to get raised to consider the needs of the community before themselves. As a result, you'll often see them putting up a front (tatemae) to avoid conflict, save face, and generally maintain a good reputation for whatever collective they come from. Away from the collective, each of them becomes an ambassador or representative for their group or people, and so they tend to view others in the same fashion – a single member of a society represents the society as a whole. It's kind of interesting, really; I did some research on it a few years ago, and I'm actually kind of curious as to how it is now, since the world's changed a bit since then.
... alright, there's more than one kind of Japanese robe. I mean... you've got yukata, happi, kariginu, shōzoku, the royal sokutai... Is he wearing one layer, or twelve? Is he wearing a haori over it? Hakama? Are there any kamon anywhere? Is he wearing geta, zori, or a different kind of footwear? Etc... I don't think Harry would know the difference between all of these, but I think he'd at least notice some fun symbols, platform clogs, and rainbow layers... "orz maybe i'm just too impatient. I'm sure I'll get to read more details later!
Lorri279 chapter 28 . 4/4
Amazing story ! I love your writing style . Please , please , please continue this story ...
Pretty please ...
svordy chapter 28 . 4/2
This is an amazing fic. Thanks for writing as much as you did. I'm frustrated when I don't notice that a doc is abandoned until I catch up, but, wow! this is just such a compelling story! You took all of these characters and made people out of them. I look forward to reading your other works.
tlw13 chapter 28 . 3/27
Enjoyed reading this again. Just thought you would like to know.
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 28 . 3/20
I'm so sorry to know that you've decided to not continue with this incredibly well thought out and original tale, but it is comforting to know that you're going to be including some of the plot elements, from this, in a new story; I am very much looking forward to reading anything and everything you choose to write for this fandom!
I found your invention of the 'Unspeakables' or 'Indices' to be quite intriguing and also rather unsettling; especially as there are no 'counters', at this point in your tale.
I love that you've opened Sev's mind and heart to Harry-as I believe should have been in canon: They have so much in common, but also so much to offer each other, by way of healing years of hurt!
I hope that you continue to give Harry & Sev space to grow and care in your future endeavors. They along with Hermione, Neville, and Luna are my most favorite characters from canon.
Take care and see you soon!
MelJ
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 12 . 3/20
Whoops! Just another item from canon that made zero sense. Harry and Hermione always had more of an affinity with and for each other than any other permutation of their triad; Harry *never* agreed with Ron that Hermione was 'mental' about studying and except for the 'broom incident', in 3rd year, where 'Mione was more concerned about Harry's *safety* than she was for their friendship; the other 'rifts' and squabbles were so OOC that one could easily have mistaken them for being caused by potions and/or 'personality altering' charms! And no, I do not believe that Harry's feelings towards Hermione were filial, in any way, shape, or form: A 'brother' wouldn't be sure to take excellent notes for his 'sister', when she accidentally ingests cat hair in her Polyjuice potion nor again when she was petrified and then sit and talk to her frozen form 'just in case'... No, Hermione was definitely more than a 'sister' to him; having never experienced filial or any other kind of love, Harry didn't have anything to compare his feelings to and he bowed out of the way, to his 'best mate'. And 'Ginny' for Harry just creeped me out, especially after Rowling 'randomly'(?!) threw in the scene with Molly-the-Mouth telling the girls about how she made a 'love potion' to snag Arthur!
I'm not telling you that you wrote anything wrong: It was *your* story; I'm just saying how I felt about *canon*. Even Rowling said she'd screwed-up the pairings.
Thanks, even though you've discontinued this; it was a good chapter and a good story, this far!
See you, again when you post more of BB!
MelJ
Lydia chapter 28 . 3/1
Well, seeing as the last time you updated was just under 7 years ago and the fact that you said this is abandoned, I’m guessing this fic is abandoned
But holy shit on a marshmallow, this fic is just amazing, I came to your profile for Tony Stark fics and I got even more, your HP fics are downright amazing
Like everything is just so natural and flows so smoothly? And I LOVE your writing style, is it actually your style I dunno but it’s just like, you don’t put needless descriptions or explanations or anything, just the right amount to make it interesting but not just droning on and your words themselves are just like “hotdamn”
But yeah just the way Snape has slowly become v protective of Harry and Harry has found comfort in his presence just makes me want to scream, the angst and the fluff and just EVERYTHING and also Harry as an Empath? Just,,, I really like that so much and also the new Defense teacher, I was sort of suspicious of him at first and then realised he is actually the most competent teacher so far AND he hasn’t tried to kill him yet! (Also Snape being envious of Harry’s respect for the Sensie is the best thing ever)
And the defence clubbbb! Like oh my god, Harry is just so great and he doesn’t realise it though everyone else does and Snape finally realises Harry’s competence through this! Just ahhhhh
Oh yeah and Flitwick and Harry being best buds (sort of) and Harry’s way of spells and Occlency and I just really love this plot okay? I’m gonna be thinking of this for a while trying to find something even half as good
Thank you for writing! What’s here is amazing!