Reviews for The Family
Inanna chapter 5 . 2/1/2014
I have to say I'm finding Oscar's singlemindiness pretty amusing and appealing at the same time.

All my guesses on Katie's mystery hunt and moodiness seem to be taking on more ominous outcomes. I hoping I'm wrong and that the resolution turns out a bit more lighthearted than my assumptions.
Inanna chapter 4 . 2/1/2014
I'm kind of curious to know if the Indian legend Katie was telling them was about Loowit (Mt St Helens) and the two brothers, Mt Hood and Mt Adams (sp?), that fell in love with her considering how it was a trail on Mt Hood that they were hiking on.

I remember the Newlywed Game. The grouchy couples always seem to strike me as being too competitive or that they could only be happy by being unhappy.
Melchycat chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
This is a wonderful story! Oscar having a sister is a nice touch and their relationship was very real. I could see Sam struggling with being a teenager and Katie trying to figure out life even at her age. And as always you write Oscar and Jamie so well. Sorry it's taken me so long to find this. I hate to think there was a story by you all this time and I hadn't read it!
jtbwriter chapter 11 . 10/20/2010
Just found this story-what a revelation-thanks! The backstory on Oscar's family, the growing up both Oscar and Jamie do in settling their issues with family-just right! A great "what if?"-thanks!
weavingdreams chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
How nice to learn more about Oscar's family! I've always liked what I have read about Judy in past stories. Katie is great, too.