Reviews for Four Colours Poppy Pomfrey Loves and One She Hates
Dicere chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
I'm trying to find the words to describe this. Not sweet, though there are parts which are warmly affectionate and just downright adorable. Not cute, because that's a word which lacks the profundity this ficlet has.

Damn good? Absolutely. Beautiful might come closest of all.

Thank you for a beautiful story. :)
KrazyKimmy chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
Awwww...

This is sweet, and sad, and charming; and soooo darling altogether.

It has some truely wonderful moments; some other truely heart-wrenching.

A very well done to you.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
Oh, how lovely! What a nice interlude here, and such a sad history for Minerva.

And I enjoyed the snarky comment about the Marauders, and about Albus.
Swallow B chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
So Minerva, like Snape and Dumbledore, carries a reminder of secret guilt. Yes, I am ready to believe that. It somehow seems very in character for Minerva. Strict and demanding with herself, as she is with others.

(And she gets more guilt to live with at the end of DH. I really feel bad for her.)

As for the rest, well, this pairing is growing on me. How wouldn't it after this beautiful, beautiful piece?
minniequill chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Love, love, love this. Every detail was perfect, the description excellent, just wonderful.
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
What is beautiful about this piece is the details, and the continuity of the portrait of the face and personality with the portrait of the body. The theme of love and work (or work and love) runs all the way through this beautiful suite of vignettes, and by the end I realize that I am reading the romance and friendship of a warrior and a healer. Love in all its varieties-as friends, comrades, colleagues, fellow-fighters, political actors, and finally as lovers-unfolds against the background of history, which periodically comes to foreground.

Gorgeous, and inspiring; now I want to write one of my own. :)
the real snape chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
This time I'll limit myself to just one favourite line for each colour - I've babbled far to much on LJ already. Leave something for the next reviewer to pick.

/Ready to take off her professor's garb and be gathered into Poppy's embrace./

Sums up the mechanics of that relationship for me. Lovely line, whole lovely section.

/and so to Nelda she turns and replies/ such a brilliant turn of phrase. The unexpected *so*. The word order. The way it brings back the start of this colour section.

/She merely shouts out that the water is brown and feels a little surge of pleasure when Minerva laughs./ So evocative for the stage their relation is at.

/Then the fantasy Poppy spells off Minerva's clothing, one garment at a time, for how can a healer diagnose her lover's needs without a hands-on examination?/ How, indeed? I so love Poppy's fantasies - and I do wonder about Minerva. Since lovers don't have to tell each other everything. Poppy might be surprised yet.

/"You're frozen," Poppy says, rubbing the thin fingers briskly. "Get under this duvet before you lower your resistance and catch something."

And she pulls Minerva into her arms, holds her, kisses her cheek and throat and shoulder./ Love the very Poppy-like way she shows her support - and love.

And yes, that was two lines. Still, for a Libra, I like to think I did well.
moira of the mountain chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
A palatte that is deceptive in its simplicity - and stunning in it's complexity. Beautifully crafted in delicate and sure strokes. Kudos, darlin' girl.
beebee chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
this is mature writing.

i don't mean M for Mature

for this is intelligent and professional,

real writing, a real story.

I enjoyed this greatly.

Well done.
Ediquish chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
This was really well-written! I loved the flow of the language and the whole concept of the story. I've never been a fan of this pairing, but this may have changed my mind. I, too, like the explanation you provided for the green robes McGonagall wears.
aptasi chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
You know how much I love the attention you give underdeveloped characters. This was especially well done. I also find the explanation of the green intriguing and far more in character than any other theory I have heard.