Reviews for The Sign
Thisisfunwhattooksolong chapter 1 . 10/13/2017
Lodylodylody

First off, you may safely assume I know basically nothing about wrestling and haven't even heard of Beth or Mickie.

So if I'm inferring correctly Beth psyched herself out because she wanted Mickie more than the title, and ended up with neither?

Anyway, I can sense Beth's conflicting drives in this, how her desire to be cheered and loved by the crowd (and Mickie) is getting in the way of her desire to win at just the wrong moment, and her wish to be as highly cheered as Mickie (real or imagined, I don't know because I don't do this sport... Since when did ffn have sports sections anyway, I thought those all got removed around 2003?), and her complete agreement with that sign (did that really exist?).

Sadly not able to say much here.

Thisisfun
Claire O'Mack chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
ok not something i would usually read but i did like this little ficlet. you wrote Beth really well in this and i enjoyed the ending imencely thank you for this wonderful little story.
ForMyQueen chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Squeeeeeee! I adore this! Oh, how deeply I understand Beth...There most definitely should be a sequel to this!

Btw the "OH, MICKIE YOU'RE SO FINE!" is my favorite fan sign, I keep seeing it during Mickie's matches.
tiger002 chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
That was good. Attraction can really cause some fun situations. Nice job getting into Beth's head. One of these days I'll read the rest of your other fic.
woundedhearts chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
Poor Beth, i can see how she really does like Mickie. Great drabble. :P
StarLily1Dfan chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
I adore the song "Hey Mickey" so that automatically made this a fun little read. With all of these women wrestlers having kick-a** bodies, you gotta wonder if attractions ever flare. And judging by this one-shot, they do! :)
jcott3 chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
Do I detect some slash overtones? Seriously, a good story with Beth jealous of the love and adulation Mickie gets from the fans. I could see this as a WWE angle if they hadn't let Mickie go.
James Doyle chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
I really felt for Beth, with her unilateral attraction to Mickie combined with the shame of losing to her. I'd imagine that would be quite a distraction. Welcome back!
faye2014 chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
Aww. That was cutee.

I would so love it if you write a fic about them(:
SilverTurtle chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
Loved it! Turned out even better than I thought it would. I love that Beth's all full of secret yearning for Mickie. That she wants to compete for the championship but also for the adoration of the fans (and perhaps, by extension, Mickie's adoration?). Oh Beth, of course you'd lose the match. She's subconsciously sabotaging herself, putting her lady above herself (crack!theory). I really like that song, and that fans actually do use it on their signs. This was a perfect drabble. Just the kind of story I was looking for.