Reviews for Semantics
jenn899 chapter 39 . 6/16
" I won't have invited her againlinguistics but not grammar? love this, regardless! !
I think Severus' patented death-eating-gryffindor-eating-glare should be most appropriately called as I'll-carve-your-heart-out-with-a-spoon glare.:)
Karu-DarkAngel chapter 45 . 1/31
This story is really well done. I love Draco, how he interacts with the muggles and blooms as a person when he finally meets an intact family. Serverus actually going back to school to learn linguistics of all things surprised my, but the subject fits him very well I have to say. It was fascinating to read is new passion - and of course his interaction with the world around him and Mrs. Callaghan in particular.
I stopped reading after 45 chapters. Andromeda as the culprit, another Black, because they are all mad and no feelings and because Narcissa and Bella... no, really, it's overdone and OOC on top of that. For me it takes the fun out of the read, sadly. I expected kinda more, I guess.
Still a great work.
Inner Self chapter 69 . 12/26/2017
Oh, wow. Bravo, Snape!
Inner Self chapter 67 . 12/26/2017
I was worried (about you-know-who-v2), but this chapter and the one before it gave me an epiphany. HGSS isn’t usually written this way. I’m glad you did. Don’t want to spoil anything so I’ll stop there.
Inner Self chapter 66 . 12/25/2017
Omg. Oh no she didn’t. Lol! Great set up for that scene :D
Inner Self chapter 1 . 12/24/2017
The competition in this story is stiff. True to IRL. Wonderful!
Jen8361 chapter 1 . 11/29/2017
This is different from everything I’ve read so far and I like your writing a lot. If only there aren’t so many filler chapters... tbh this pace is getting quite frustrating, I’m 1/3 way through and the main plot is still not much and SSHG only talked to each other for like 3 times. This is no doubt a brilliant work but sometimes it just gets a little difficult to appreciate it when dragged on too long. I really hope Severus gets his magic back, it’s one thing that he might find it more comfortable living without it in a Muggle world now, but magic is a part of him and shouldn’t be taken away like that.
clausumcormeum chapter 100 . 10/11/2017
That was super cute! I loved your original characters, so I'll think hard about reading your Sev/OC fic. I really liked how each person grew in your story. So much love, not necessarily romantic love, but love all the same.
Musical-Mel chapter 100 . 10/3/2017
I really enjoyed reading this. It had a good plot, was interesting, and I liked your characters. The pacing was slow at times, and there was quite a bit of repetition which caused me to skim over a lot.
The amount of grammatical errors was surprising for a story titled "Semantics" and I admit to skipping over the beginning bits after chapter five because I didn't know how they related to the story and found them uninteresting.
Foreshadowing with the mention that Eleanor had cancer and then not doing anything with it bugged me as well, but that's getting pretty nit picky. Just seemed weird that you had her family make such a big deal out of wanting to keep an eye on her and talk to Severus to make sure she was fine and then just... drop it. Other than that, it was fun to read.
Musical-Mel chapter 91 . 10/2/2017
Well, you did off her. But not with the cancer. Foreshadowing and her family making a big deal out of it for nothing? Well, I guess I will read on.
Musical-Mel chapter 33 . 9/30/2017
This was great. Loved all the emails.
Musical-Mel chapter 22 . 9/30/2017
Please don't let it be Molly, please. Anyways. This is still good, but the pacing is frustrating me a bit. While it's nice to read about Snape's everyday, and his growing fond of Eleanor, it's grown mundane quickly. Plus I have a niggly feeling you're going to bring the cancer back and off her.
Musical-Mel chapter 3 . 9/30/2017
The book burning got to me. Really got to me. Awful stuff. Kinda sad to see you hinting at Harry and Ginny being done. I absolutely adore the two of them together, but oh well.
Musical-Mel chapter 1 . 9/30/2017
Ahhh... this is so good so far. Truly. You've truly made me feel for Snape in a way I usually don't. Having to see him without magic, not really knowing how to make his way in the muggle world is heart wrenching. And I didn't expect that so early in this story.
4,935 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »